Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 08:06 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,141,865 times

Advertisements

LOLOLOL... At one time there were ladies walking down to that creek with lye soap and beating their clothes on a rock... and a little bit of diluted car wash soap going into a storm drain is a problem???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 08:08 AM

1,391 posts, read 1,233,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
LOLOLOL... At one time there were ladies walking down to that creek with lye soap and beating their clothes on a rock... and a little bit of diluted car wash soap going into a storm drain is a problem???
No. Tons of it and other things going in is a problem.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:11 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,169,560 times
Quote:
And the population of the US was what then? Just because something not good wasn't prohibited in the past doesn't justify it now.

I was never in a car seat when I was a kid. I stood in the front seat sometimes between my dad and the steering wheel. I lived of course, but that wasn't a good thing.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:16 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times
Quote:

I thought it was a car wash...you mean the water stays clean and diluted after washing dirty greasy cars and trucks?

Old 10-27-2013, 08:24 AM

423 posts, read 414,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
I'll fight whatever battle I wish. You can go kiss some tea partiers toes for all I care.
And I'm pretty sure you're smarter than you appear on this forum. You do get the need for the EPA, even if you won't admit it.
Good...go do it on your own and stop polluting my eyeballs with your useless tripe.

Meanwhile, I'm off to wash and wax all three of my rear-wheel drive, V8 gas guzzling beasts.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:37 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
My city has runoff drains with signs saying not to dump anything in them because they drain to the Chesapeake Bay. I guess this means Obama is about to become a dictator.
The primary issue with runoff whether it's the Chesapeake or any other waterway is nitrogen which comes from sources like fertilizers, sewage and agriculture. The nitrogen causes algae blooms which block sunlight and use up the oxygen through decomposition creating "dead zones".

Dead Zones - Nitrogen & Phosphorus Pollution - Chesapeake Bay Foundation

Old 10-27-2013, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Diamond View Post
Good...go do it on your own and stop polluting my eyeballs with your useless tripe.

Meanwhile, I'm off to wash and wax all three of my rear-wheel drive, V8 gas guzzling beasts.
what does that have to do with car washes in california? This is not twitter.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:42 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The primary issue with runoff whether it's the Chesapeake or any other waterway is nitrogen which comes from sources like fertilizers, sewage and agriculture. The nitrogen causes algae blooms which block sunlight and use up the oxygen through decomposition creating "dead zones".

16% from stormwater is no small change though.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post

I was just out that way on the VA pennisula. Tons of tomato fields and chicken producers. Stories on local news of fishermen losing generational way of life to the CB dying off. Not to mention the Sandy effect of draining all that poluted storm water into the bay.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:51 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,141,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I thought it was a car wash...you mean the water stays clean and diluted after washing dirty greasy cars and trucks?
You mean like the oil and gas residue on the streets that gets washed down that storm drain when it rains? The cigarette butts, the drunks vomit, the empty McDonalds wrapper, your spit, animal feces and any other number of things.... But the few gallons of soapy water that a few kids trying to work to raise funds for their organization are "bad?" It's not like they were intentionally pouring hazardous material... you probably put more down the drain when you clean the **** off your driveway. (Unless you of course, don't clean your driveway or garage or gutters) You'd freak if you knew how some of us actually have to "wash" our house to keep the mold off of it........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies