Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 11:51 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
One definition of leech
"a person who extorts profit from or sponges on others."

if you are sponging money from the federal government, in order to live because you didnt save up your "honest days work" for your retirement, you're a leech..

One might argue its ok to be one since he worked for it, but that doesnt mean hes not one.
By law people are required to pay social security taxes which is supposed to be paid back at a specific age. Do I say that people should have been given a choice to save it themselves yes but most people wouldn't be responsible enough to save it so it so government made it a law. Unfortunately the government was not responsible either and there are too many able bodied people taking and scamming the system and the government lets that happen.

When I talk about leaches I am referring to able bodied people who refuse to work. I also refer to people who also had the choice like you and me to make something of themselves setting up a solid financial foundation for their future but instead decided to make babies or party all the time and now scream they are entitled and are being subsidized. We are paying for their foolish choices. What did they think? They were going to live the good life as a burger flipper?

I stand by my opinion that the elderly are not able to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 11:54 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
By law people are required to pay social security taxes which is supposed to be paid back at a specific age. Do I say that people should have been given a choice to save it themselves yes but just like the government most people wouldn't be responsible enough to save it so it so government made it a law. Unfortunately they were not responsible either and there are too many able bodied people taking and scamming the system and the government lets that happen.

When I talk about leaches I am referring to able bodied people who refuse to work. I also refer to people who also had the choice like you and me to make something of themselves setting up a solid financial foundation for their future but instead decided to make babies or party all the time and now scream because they need to be subsidized.

I stand by my opinion that the elderly are not able to work.
I havent paid into social security for 13 years, but the fact that most people are required to pay it doesnt mean that its an obligation to be paid back. Its not.. The laws in regards to Social Security very clearly defines its payback as welfare, and that there is no money for the people who pay into it.

Clearly the elderly arent able to work, and the gmagoo knows very well that Romney wasnt talking about those not able to work, but if their going to stand here and stomp their feet and proclaim that Romney meant 5 year olds with Cerebral Palsy, then clearly his father falls into the same category..

gmagoo set the standard, now he's whining over it.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:55 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Yes... under certain conditions.. First that No more debt be incurred by the right or the left. Period. And that every single person contribute. If that means that 1% of my income is deemed the appropriate amount then I get a bill and I pay it. But so does my neighbor. Regardless of income levels everyone pays. No subsidies.. No tax credits... No excuses. If the American people are being blamed for the debt and thus expected to pay, then we pay... we ALL pay....

You can invoice me for it too... not put it into the muddled mess that the IRS is.
Ahh, yeah, except that the rich don't really pay themselves how you assume they do. It's sort of cute how people post on here and don't have a clue of what they're talking about.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
I havent paid into social security for 13 years, but the fact that most people are required to pay it doesnt mean that its an obligation to be paid back. Its not.. The laws in regards to Social Security very clearly defines its payback as welfare, and that there is no money for the people who pay into it.

Clearly the elderly arent able to work, and the gmagoo knows very well that Romney wasnt talking about those not able to work, but if their going to stand here and stomp their feet and proclaim that Romney meant 5 year olds with Cerebral Palsy, then clearly his father falls into the same category..

That's where I do agree with you. Gmagoo knows very well that Romney wasn't talking about those who are not able to work nor would republicans stand for not helping those who can't work, I know I wouldn't. The spin was sickening and that is where I can not support magoos thinking. He bought into the BS spin.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:59 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,684,958 times
After the trash in Washington is taken out and we start over, maybe. The way it is now, forget it.

Old 10-27-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:

I've paid into social security all my life and even though I have a small business I am still forced to pay into it. It will probably be bankrupt when I am eligible to collect because of all the people scamming the system so I am putting money aside / investing to pay my own way.

Even though Obama wants me to spend he keeps demanding more money. It would be beneficial to the economy if I would spend but I can't because I am afraid I won't have enough to pay my taxes and enough for old age.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:30 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:

Who`s whining. I`m a happy camper knowing your party won`t see the White House for at least 20 years. Romney`s 47% absolutely included a 92 year old WW2 vet and a 5 year old with Cerebral Palsy. Social Security is welfare? Oh brother. Let`s forget voter ID laws and think about voter sanity laws.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Who`s whining. I`m a happy camper knowing your party won`t see the White House for at least 20 years. Romney`s 47% absolutely included a 92 year old WW2 vet and a 5 year old with Cerebral Palsy. Social Security is welfare? Oh brother. Let`s forget voter ID laws and think about voter sanity laws.
I agree with you there, you're right to vote should be restricted if you think Romney expects 5 year olds with Cerebral Palsy to be taxpayers.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I've paid into social security all my life and even though I have a small business I am still forced to pay into it. It will probably be bankrupt when I am eligible to collect because of all the people scamming the system so I am putting money aside / investing to pay my own way.

Even though Obama wants me to spend he keeps demanding more money. It would be beneficial to the economy if I would spend but I can't because I am afraid I won't have enough to pay my taxes and enough for old age.
Actually you arent forced to pay into it as a small business owner.. You just make sure your business has no profit, and refocus the profits back into the business, by doing things like buying out your competitors etc.

Your business grows, your wealth grows, your tax obligations shrink to nothing, all at the same time.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo
My father`s steel mill pension and his SS check doesn`t amount to enough to pay taxes. Your juvenile insults are an embarrassment to our fine city btw.
Yea as I said probably a steel mill worker from pittsburgh. Probably Allegheny where property "taxes" are so high everyone is trying to move the hell out of town. I did. Taxes so high that the elderly are losing their homes because they can't afford to pay the taxes. Yep, so what is the democrats and the liberal solution? ... raise taxes more <smack>.

When times were good it never occurred to them that they may get too old to work. I know the steel mill types, Democrats who thought good times would go on forever. When the writing was on the wall a lot of them bit*ched and complained as if that would make it better. Go figure.

Last edited by petch751; 10-27-2013 at 02:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies