Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 10:01 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post

Right now, there is no out of network limit with the ACA. That's someone Obama and the Dems know is wrong with the ACA. They just don't want to discuss it.

No Out of network cap. But most insurers cap the out of network limit at 2x the in network rate.

So many families under the ACA will have a $25000 out of network cap.
It is my understanding that out of pocket caps for out of network medical care remains in a speculative state. Has there been a final ruling?

Regardless,

Out of network does not apply to the ER or resulting hospitalization, if required.

Out of network does not apply if a plan or issuer does not have in its network a provider who can provide the particular service, then the plan or issuer must cover the item or service when performed by an out-of-network provider and not impose cost-sharing with respect to the item or service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 10:03 AM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Scrap Government Meddling in Health care - completely.
End all licensing, regulations, etc.
Go Free Market.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
That's only true because of ideology. The better plan would be Medicare for all, since Medicare controls costs better than private insurance. However, the insurance lobby is powerful and wouldn't allow that to happen.
Healthcare costs have been increasing since forever. The entire world is challenged by rising healthcare costs. Each nation deals with the challenge differently. There is nothing universal about universal healthcare which ACA is not.

Government, via Medicare, does the best job of controlling costs in the U.S. Despite this, some people believe 20% of Medicare spending is due to fraud by hospitals and medical practices. Those factions who are anti-Medicare use this as rational to end Medicare.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:31 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Government, via Medicare, does the best job of controlling costs in the U.S. Despite this, some people believe 20% of Medicare spending is due to fraud by hospitals and medical practices. Those factions who are anti-Medicare use this as rational to end Medicare.
no it does not.. Government via medicare does the best job at not paying "its fair share", and moving those costs onto the rest of society

I've seen $50K hospital stay bills get reinbursed at $2-$3K.

There is NOTHING in medicare to control costs, only the reinbursement rate..

Old 10-28-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Once again, as it relates toTHIS THREAD... yes it does.. because the government was relying upon these individuals to pay into the government, to support paying the subsidies of others..
Opinions are not facts.

According to the Kaiser Institute calculator, there is an incremental cost for every person added to the policy age 21 and over. This is consistent with my state's BCBS online calculator.

'How Much Will Obamacare Cost Me?' Try Our Calculator : Shots - Health News : NPR

Old 10-28-2013, 10:43 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
It's the decision tree poster who appears at her assigned hours to lie about Obamacare.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Romneycare doesnt rely upon others not obtaining insurance in order to pay for subsidies of others who do..

In order for Obamacare to work, people need to be UNINSURED.. For Romneycare to work, it relied upon people being insured..

Do you not comprehend the vast difference in that statement?
I am not tracking this.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:46 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Opinions are not facts.

According to the Kaiser Institute calculator, there is an incremental cost for every person added to the policy age 21 and over. This is consistent with my state's BCBS online calculator.

'How Much Will Obamacare Cost Me?' Try Our Calculator : Shots - Health News : NPR
How much Obama will cost "me", isnt the discussion taking place.. Its how the GOVERNMENT will pay for the costs, things like the subsidies..
Quote:
I am not tracking this.
So you really dont know a dam thing about Obamacare, do you?

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-28-2013 at 11:27 AM..

Old 10-28-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
how can the ACA be responsible for reducing the increase beginning in 2010 if it doesnt become law until 2014? If the ACA supporters are saying that the lack of increases was responsible, then why are they running around now pretending that the skyrocketing premiums have always existed and thus its nothing new now that ACA is kicking in?
Did you note that I took no position as to why after a decade of insurance costs rising by 90%, increases suddenly flat lined? I don't buy into either talking point.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
So, not only is health care insurance for most people going up dramatically, but so are taxpayer costs for state and federal budgets.

they need to rename the Affordable Care Act to the "How Can We Mess Up the U.S. Health Care, Act"
The naming of this act was an abomination and I say this as someone who would save 35-50% if I needed to buy an individual policy.

The only way anything is affordable to everyone is if it's free and there's no such thing as free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies