Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2013, 10:54 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Some folks ran two separate plans, one that was high co-pay and one that covered all catastrophic illnesses.

Best not to allow stooopid people to choose their own plans, some loser bureaucrat will just mandate what he thinks we should have.
And that is different from your employer making this decision how?

Was it somehow better because it "came with the job?"

See, this is what I am having a really hard time understanding.
For years and years and years, people would just sign up for whatever insurance their employer provided and probably didn't even think twice about it. Biggest decision people made was whether to take their own employer's insurance or take the spouse's.

If you wanted insurance, you checked the box, money came out of your check and voila you considered yourself covered.
And, it was all good just because.

Maybe people just aren't capable of making these decisions for themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 11:06 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,011,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

For years and years and years, people would just sign up for whatever insurance their employer provided and probably didn't even think twice about it. Biggest decision people made was whether to take their own employer's insurance or take the spouse's.

If you wanted insurance, you checked the box, money came out of your check and voila you considered yourself covered.

For one, if you don't like the health plan the employer is offering you can switch jobs.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:08 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I wonder how many people were faked out by Obama and the Democrats...because I'm dealing with people like this every day. They thought they would fill out a form, be given a card and they could just start hitting up doctors. People are shocked that not only do they have to pay for healthcare, they're paying for everyone else's healthcare too. Like this gal, from the LA Times, who'd been paying $90 a month -

"Now Harris, a self-employed lawyer, must shop for replacement insurance. The cheapest plan she has found will cost her $238 a month. She and her husband don't qualify for federal premium subsidies because they earn too much money, about $80,000 a year combined."

"It doesn't seem right to make the middle class pay so much more in order to give health insurance to everybody else," said Harris, who is three months pregnant. "This increase is simply not affordable."

LA Times

The LAT assures us that of course "The federal government picks up much of the tab", but where the hell do they think that money comes from.

They also explain where most of the pain is going to fall - "But middle-income consumers face an estimated 30% rate increase, on average, in California due to several factors tied to the healthcare law."

The middle class is being rolled again. Thanks Democrats. I hope you are enjoying your rate increase.

Ahhh.................... liberalism. With all of the best intentions and desire to benefit the average man, disaster seems to occur instead.

Liberalism is akin to a Three Stooges skit. The Stooges as well never meant any harm, but ineptitude and idiocy combine with arrogance to create mayhem.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:16 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

Again, if you are dumb enough to pay for somethnig and not find out what is in your insurance plan....what is going to be any different now? Except that you have a min.

So, if they don't know what in it then, what make you think they will know whats in it now?

Old 10-28-2013, 12:18 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Can you link me to this Schedule A to receive free money?
Publication 936 (2012), Home Mortgage Interest Deduction

Old 10-28-2013, 12:42 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
Default "What I have right now is what I am happy with and I just want to know why I can't keep what I have.

"Why do I have to be forced into something else?"

"This Morning" Report: Policy Cancellations, Premium Increases Add To Obamacare Frustration | RealClearPolitics

Poor baby. It just ain't fair, is it? I wonder if she voted for Obama? I wonder how many of you who voted for him honestly realized how bad Obama was going to shaft the middle class. I hope she remembers come 2014 which party screwed her.

Old 10-28-2013, 02:43 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
I heard a young educated professional woman on the street in DC interviewed on NPR last week and she said she wasn't worried about it because Obama will fix it and she trusts Obama. I think if he told her it was time to drink the kool aid she would do it. It is almost cult like.
Those people are drones, they believe the Utopian promises made by Obama, and each time Obama breaks one of those promises, the drones willingly believe the next promise, and then the next and the next and the next... Like sheep being led to the slaughter.

Old 10-28-2013, 03:13 PM

3,599 posts, read 6,781,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
The AMT cancels out a lot of deductions many "middle class" people who deduct home mortgage. How do u feel when u lose your personal exemptions and state income tax deductions?

"No deduction is allowed for state taxes or miscellaneous itemized deductions in computing AMT income."

Alternative Minimum Tax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Many middle class Americans get hit with the AMT. A brilliant tax devised by the Dems in the 60s to tax the super rich to make them pay. It comes back to hurt the middle class.

Old 10-28-2013, 03:17 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
A deduction, isnt free money.. Its YOUR MONEY, that they ALLOW YOU TO KEEP..

Like I said, Show me where owning a home, takes money from SOMEONE ELSE, who does not own a home..

That was YOUR claim...

Try again..

Old 10-28-2013, 03:19 PM

20,124 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Married couples pay lower taxes than single people.
You need to work on either your chart reading skills or your math skills - start with the 25% rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies