Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2013, 11:43 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly! I've asked numerous times WHO is going to pay for the subsidies, but the Obamacare cheerleaders won't answer the question.
An accurate statement . . . many of us in the healthcare industry were asking these questions of government officials -- through attorneys -- and still couldn't get an answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 11:45 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
What about all the folks that DO have secure jobs and are still losing coverage? I guess your sympathies only lie in the takers, not the doers?

As for those folks that can "finally get coverage" - with costs and deductibles through the roof, they STILL won't be able to afford it, even with subsidies. I had to get my own insurance (changed jobs), and have a pre-existing. I managed to find coverage. I was denied through one insurer, but got it with the next.

I almost puked this morning when Waxman went on and on during the hearing about those that "lose their insurance because they have an illness". No mention AT ALL about those that are losing it NOW, for no reason other than ObamaCare. I guess the middle class doesn't count?
Not with this Administration. And who ever thought it would? Obama's bail out of big banking interests should have made everyone aware from Day One where his loyalties (and big contributors!!!!) are.

Obama talks out of both sides of his mouth. Oh yeah, he is so concerned about the Little Guy. But when push comes to shove, his policies are all skewered to the Top 1% . . . or to figuring out how to squeeze the middle class further to accommodate the bottom.

Did you know that 1% of the country consumes 21% of all healthcare resources???? And it isn't the top 1%! It is by and large folks on medicaid and medicare and other government run programs.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:51 AM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
You got a link to back up what you are claiming? Obama promised affordable care not free.
Details, Jambo......details.

'Free health care' deleted - without notice, from Obamacare Web site - Politics & Policy - Catholic Online

Remember -- just because YOU are not aware of something, does not mean it isn't true.

What's hilarious is they failed to change the URL to that particular part of the website when they scrubbed the word "Free" from it:

https://www.healthcare.gov/where-can...low-cost-care/

Details, Barack........details.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:52 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
STOP THE MADNESS.

I work for a healthcare management company. We do not sell or manage insurance.

We made decisions within our own company based on our particular situation. This was not a decision lightly made and included input and discussion from all employees. I dare say many companies have actually held a discussion at that level, as to what was the "best of a bad situation" and how can we work it out within the framework and choices given.

If your employer and you and your family have been able to keep the same policy and no increases and everyone is satisfied, GOOD FOR YOU!

As evidenced by the discussion in the media, on forums such as this one, I AM NOT THE ONLY PERSON DEALING WITH A DISAPPOINTING SITUATION IN RE: TO HEALTHCARE INSURANCE.
You must not know what the word "advise" mean.

So you decided to shoot yourself in the foot by getting rid of your insurance instead of paying for the small increase that it might have seen? Well it is good that you can still buy insurance through ACA since your employer choose to pocket your insurance money rather than take care of their employees.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:23 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,963,273 times
The reality is that any "plan" issuing forth from the Republicans could indeed be just as disastrous, but for different classes.

Our country is already paying for both the poor and the uber rich including corporations. When the middle class finally wakes up to the second half of the previous sentence, we might get somewhere in this national healthcare fiasco. I repeat, if health insurance subsidies are not there, it would be another humongous public assistance program that would have to take its place. Taxpayers have to pay in any case.

The problem is that we've gotten too big a population with unrealistic public assistance systems all while the so-called health industry has failed to keep us healthy and has made affordability a thing of the past.

My dad had a low paying job but had BCBS that covered our whole family from head to toe. Any out of pocket expense was easily met. That was only one generation ago. When we start to examine what's really going on today in this "industry," we can perhaps point our fingers in the right direction.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:35 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,963,273 times
At any rate for better or worse it's a law, not a bill. Moot point to argue it now.

Maher: "it's the law, you're supposed to help it along." - CNN.com Video

(interrupted by commercials)

Old 10-30-2013, 12:41 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Our country is already paying for both the poor and the uber rich including corporations.
The poor, yes. The uber rich? How is that so?

Old 10-30-2013, 12:45 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,171,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Would those be the same people who voted for Obama because they thought, and said when interviewed by a reporter, that Obama was going to help pay their mortgage and put gas in their cars? Yep, I believe you are correct.

The fact is, ChristineVA, there ARE people out there who think they are getting free healthcare. Do you spend any time on any other place on the internet besides CD? If you had, you would have seen that all over the place.

The ghetto trash say the same thing every Thanksgiving when the neighborhood drug dealer or pimp pulls up with a Cadillac full of frozen turkeys.

Old 10-30-2013, 01:16 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You must not know what the word "advise" mean.

So you decided to shoot yourself in the foot by getting rid of your insurance instead of paying for the small increase that it might have seen? Well it is good that you can still buy insurance through ACA since your employer choose to pocket your insurance money rather than take care of their employees.
Oh good Lord. Since you can't understand professional talk, let's break it down to you at Kindergarten levels.

Anifani's company used to have health insurance that cost the employees x dollars a month. I will put in numbers so that you finally GET what the person is saying.

Old insurance policy through the company: $100 a month. That covered catastrophic situations, and the co-pay was $25 a visit. Deductibles were $5500 a year. Coverage was 90-100%.

With me so far? Or are you going to whine about these numbers, even though I said they were examples?

Because of the Obamacare horse crap, the employers are now REQUIRED to get new policies for their employees. The new policy will cost:

$230 a month. That covers everything known to man, including procedures that they do NOT need. They are paying for things that they will never use because it is not humanly possible based on their gender. But they still have to pay for it. The co-pays are now $40. Deductibles are $5000 a year. Coverage is now 80%.

Please do the math.

SO! What the employer decided was, instead of making their employees use this new policy that was FORCED ON THEM*, that will cost the employers, AND the employees, a whole hell of a lot more money, they decided to let the employees make their own choice, (a word that you libs seem to fear), and try the exchanges. THAT WAY, the employers could use the money that they saved, (since they pay part of the insurance for their employees, times however many employees they have...let's say it's 300 people), they can use that money to give raises, or keep people on, at all. So, they decided to drop the new policy, THAT WAS FORCED ON TO THEM by OpressiveCare, in order to keep people working, and hopefully still be able to give them raises.

The employees now can use the exchange...which will STILL cost them more than their old policy, that everyone liked, everyone was happy with, and everyone could afford.

They were NOT allowed to keep their old policy. The company was FORCED to purchase new policy under Opressive Care. They were FORCED to purchase a new policy, that was more expensive. The company was NOT ALLOWED to keep the policy that they had before. The new policy, that they were FORCED to take, costs a lot of money, including the employer, because the employer pays for part of that policy as a benefit to employees. That is why it is called a "benefit". But now, they can't really afford to do that, AND keep the same people on the payroll, and, give them raises. It is not financially possible. So they chose to drop the FORCED policy, and allow employees to use the exchanges. No matter what, the employees have to pay more for their health insurance, and they will get covered for things they don't need, and it will be way more out of pocket, but AT LEAST they can keep their jobs and still get raises because their EMPLOYER IS NOT ALSO BEING RAKED OVER THE COALS. The one who pays for part of their policy if it is done through the company.

You are either being obtuse on purpose, or you have ZERO understanding of how this world works. It isn't about "corporate fat cats" sitting on their mountains of wealth. Stop trying to put the blame on to anyone else but Obama. Because of his STUPID idea of OppressiveCare, that he FORCED down our throats, these people do NOT get to keep the policies that they had before.

If I used to pay $40 a month for my health insurance, but now, because OppressiveCare, I have to pay $100 a month for it, THAT IS NOT the same policy. If my deductible changed from $5500 with 90-100% coverage, to $5000 with 80% coverage, that is NOT the same policy. If I once paid for catastrophic insurance, but now have to pay for insurance that covers everything, including prostate exams, that is NOT the same policy.

Stop acting like you don't understand this. Stop acting like it's the employers fault that health insurance has risen for the employees. Stop acting like it's anyone elses fault but that tool shed that you drool over, named Obama. It is his, and his alone.

* "Forced" means, they didn't have a choice to keep their old policies. It means that they were forced to get new policies, if they wanted to continue offering health insurance through them.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 10-30-2013 at 01:30 PM..

Old 10-30-2013, 01:19 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
So has the OP seen any raises from his employer to cover canceling his insurance policy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies