Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 04:45 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,695,008 times

Advertisements

Can we please just call the ACA and the President for what they are? Complete and utter failures? Who cares if Obama passed this law? This country still belongs to We The People last time I checked, why not protest and demand that Obamacare get defunded and the President get's kicked out of the White House? After all, the ACA was passed without any bi-partisan or public support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 04:46 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
The insurance plan I had with a 5000 dollar deductible was 159.00 a month. The new "Affordable care act" plan has a 6000 dollar deductible and costs 260.00 dollars a month.

I can not keep my previous plan. I was lied to. I was told I could keep my current plan if I wanted to. This was not true.

I did not vote for Obama OR Romney. I hate both political crime families equally.
Jay Carney is on record as saying policies are being canceled because they don't meet Obamacare minimums. I found out today that the reason my policy is being terminated because it was a medical underwritten policy but I was grandfathered in and as long as I continue to make payments but my policy will be terminated Dec 31st of 2014.

I don't have maternity care of child dental care so it does not meet Obamacare minimum requirements. If what Jay Carney says is true then you would think they would cancel my policy in Dec 2013

Old 10-28-2013, 04:51 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,736,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
And the hits just keep on coming.

Have the people who came up with this scheme, explained where citizens will get the extra money they are required to pay for Obamacare?

----------------------------------------------------

Florida Woman's Insurance Rate Increases 10X Under Obamacare | The Weekly Standard

Florida Woman's Insurance Rate Increases 10X Under Obamacare

8:44 AM, Oct 28, 2013
by DANIEL HALPER

One Florida woman is going from paying $54 a month to $591 under Obamacare, CBS reports:

"For many, their introduction to the Affordable Care Act has been negative: A broken website, and now cancellation notices from insurance companies, followed by sticker shock over higher prices for the new plans," says a CBS reporter. "It's directly at odds from repeated assurances from the president."

"When I got this bill, I was outraged," CBS quotes a 56-year-old Florida resident who got dropped from her health care plan.

Her new plan will be 10 times higher than what she's paying now, jumping from $54 a month to $591.

"What I have right now is what I'm happy with, and I just want to know why I can't keep what I have," says the woman. "Why do I have to be forced into something else?"
...and when you find some data that shows what is happening to rates overall and contrast that to what usually happens when rates go up every year then feel free to let the rest of us know. Until then, one specific example really means nothing. I mean, you can probably find someone with an original Edsel that's never needed anything other than an oil change, but that doesn't have any reflection on the reliability of the car in general. Someone intelligent would know this.

Quote:
Can we please just call the ACA and the President for what they are? Complete and utter failures? Who cares if Obama passed this law? This country still belongs to We The People last time I checked, why not protest and demand that Obamacare get defunded and the President get's kicked out of the White House? After all, the ACA was passed without any bi-partisan or public support.
The ACA was dreamed up by conservatives in the 90's and the Republican congress tried to pass it back then, so why are you whining?

Old 10-28-2013, 04:52 PM

9,137 posts, read 5,798,959 times
I dunno if she was paying $54 or not, although that right wing CBS reported it.
Heck, somebody has to pay for all those "subsidies."

Old 10-28-2013, 05:00 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
She's 56 and I cannot fathom what the heck she bought for $54 a month.
So, your inability to fathom what she has, means that SHE must change?

Quote:
the lousiest healthcare policy in the nation
What part of "she is happy with the plan she has" don't you understand?

Apparently you seem to feel you are qualified to overrule her decision on what she wants.

And then, you further decide to impose your own decision on her, whether she likes it or not.

As I have long suspected, liberals are simply dictators in sheep's clothing.

Quote:
Her premiums for the bronze or silver plans would be $174-215/mo*.
So her premiums would triple or quadruple?

And you say that like it somehow a GOOD thing?

Again, what part of "She is happy with the plan she has" don't you understand?

Old 10-28-2013, 05:20 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I don't have maternity care of child dental care so it does not meet Obamacare minimum requirements. If what Jay Carney says is true then you would think they would cancel my policy in Dec 2013
And what of your soon to be former policy lifetime caps?

Old 10-28-2013, 05:56 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
I lifted this off another thread/post.

The 56 year old had a seriously sub prime policy that did not meet the ACA benchmark and she was clueless.

CBS News’ Misleading Obamacare Report: Woman’s Plan Paid $50 Per Service, Doesn’t Cover Hospitalization | Mediaite

Old 10-28-2013, 06:01 PM

8,048 posts, read 12,761,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Jay Carney is on record as saying policies are being canceled because they don't meet Obamacare minimums. I found out today that the reason my policy is being terminated because it was a medical underwritten policy but I was grandfathered in and as long as I continue to make payments but my policy will be terminated Dec 31st of 2014.

I don't have kids and am a older male not in need of maternity care. Why would I "need" this coverage?

Old 10-28-2013, 06:04 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,457,152 times
Quote:
The 56 year old had a seriously sub prime policy that did not meet the ACA benchmark and she was clueless.

CBS News’ Misleading Obamacare Report: Woman’s Plan Paid $50 Per Service, Doesn’t Cover Hospitalization | Mediaite
LOL, her Go Blue 90 plan only covers $50 for each doctor's visit , $5 or $15 for each prescription, and routine oral exams and cleanings twice a year.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:19 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
I lifted this off another thread/post.

I knew the whole story was nothing but propaganda. What kind of idiot pays $54 for insurance which covers only $50 worth of services?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies