Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 06:35 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I knew the whole story was nothing but propaganda. What kind of idiot pays $54 for insurance which covers only $50 worth of services?
She says: “What I have right now is what I’m happy with,” Barrette says in the report, “and I just want to know why I can’t keep what I have. Why do I have to be forced into something else.”

Obama said: “We will keep this promise to the American people. If you like your doctor you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your healthcare plan, you will be able to keep your healthcare plan. Period.”

As to the article above.

There are very good answers to her questions, answers which Crawford, either deliberately or through ignorance, failed to report, answers which are available to anyone with a passing familiarity with health insurance.

She didn't try and hide anything. She said she paid $54 a month for a health care plan that she liked and she heard the president say If you like your healthcare plan, you will be able to keep your healthcare plan. Period. And she is now asking why the president lied to her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 06:37 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I lifted this off another thread/post.

The 56 year old had a seriously sub prime policy that did not meet the ACA benchmark and she was clueless.

CBS News’ Misleading Obamacare Report: Woman’s Plan Paid $50 Per Service, Doesn’t Cover Hospitalization | Mediaite
Doh!

Thanks for the update.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:45 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
She says: “What I have right now is what I’m happy with,” Barrette says in the report, “and I just want to know why I can’t keep what I have. Why do I have to be forced into something else.”
I can do better. I'll sell you $100 a plan, which covers up to $25 worth of services.

This woman has been scammed.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
I can do better. I'll sell you $100 a plan, which covers up to $25 worth of services.
That doesn't begin to answer her question. She wants to know why the president lied.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:14 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:

This woman has been scammed.

She does not know what she does not know.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:43 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
For all that we are hearing, the people in this group who had substandard policies that are now being cancelled is a very small percentage of the insured. Many more people are going to come out far ahead in Obamacare due to the subsidies or they simply are unaffected because they have employer plans. Nevertheless, it is a blow to these folks. In the case of this woman the actual increase is to $209 because she gets a subsidy. Still, coming up with an additional $150 can be very hard even for people who make more than she does. I think there could have been some transitional plan to move these people toward fuller coverage rather than the quantum leap they face. Things like this could be addressed if we had Republicans in the House who were at least as interested in fixing issues as they are in bringing down Obama. But, we don't.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:50 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That doesn't begin to answer her question. She wants to know why the president lied.
She didn't have insurance. No where on the GoBlue site do they call their plans "insurance".

Florida Blue - Agents

Old 10-28-2013, 07:52 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
And the hits just keep on coming.

Have the people who came up with this scheme, explained where citizens will get the extra money they are required to pay for Obamacare?

----------------------------------------------------

Florida Woman's Insurance Rate Increases 10X Under Obamacare | The Weekly Standard

Florida Woman's Insurance Rate Increases 10X Under Obamacare

8:44 AM, Oct 28, 2013
by DANIEL HALPER

One Florida woman is going from paying $54 a month to $591 under Obamacare, CBS reports:

"For many, their introduction to the Affordable Care Act has been negative: A broken website, and now cancellation notices from insurance companies, followed by sticker shock over higher prices for the new plans," says a CBS reporter. "It's directly at odds from repeated assurances from the president."

"When I got this bill, I was outraged," CBS quotes a 56-year-old Florida resident who got dropped from her health care plan.

Her new plan will be 10 times higher than what she's paying now, jumping from $54 a month to $591.

"What I have right now is what I'm happy with, and I just want to know why I can't keep what I have," says the woman. "Why do I have to be forced into something else?"

basically obamscare is an economy killer that's 5 grand sucked right out of a fragile economy right there!!! now tally that up to 10s of millions of sheep that will have less grass to graze on

Old 10-28-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
For all that we are hearing, the people in this group who had substandard policies that are now being cancelled is a very small percentage of the insured.
No it isn't or at the very least it's not what we are being told now will be what happens.

Obama admin. knew millions could not keep their health insurance

Millions.

Obama admin. knew millions could not keep their health insurance - Investigations

Quote:
Many more people are going to come out far ahead in Obamacare due to the subsidies or they simply are unaffected because they have employer plans.
The employer plans are being cancelled also. (many more examples can be provided)

Trader Joe's To Drop Health Coverage For Part-Time Workers Under Obamacare: Memo

Quote:
Nevertheless, it is a blow to these folks. In the case of this woman the actual increase is to $209 because she gets a subsidy. Still, coming up with an additional $150 can be very hard even for people who make more than she does. I think there could have been some transitional plan to move these people toward fuller coverage rather than the quantum leap they face. Things like this could be addressed if we had Republicans in the House who were at least as interested in fixing issues as they are in bringing down Obama. But, we don't.
......We don't mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back."

Old 10-28-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
She didn't have insurance. No where on the GoBlue site do they call their plans "insurance".

Florida Blue - Agents
Obama admin. knew millions could not keep their health insurance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies