Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 07:08 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If they really just wanted to help why didn't they donate their care packages and leave? Instead they are planning on setting up across the street from the soup kitchen and giving out their care packages on their own. Sounds like they had other plans to me.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:10 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,503,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I refuse to waste 4 min. of my life watching a youtube video, so I'll take a wild guess. Perhaps the atheists wanted to proselytize?
Proselytize what? There's nothing to sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
It has nothing to do with accepting their help, they're very open and clear about their mission.

Why would an atheist group want to help a group which they clearly don't agree with? Oh wait I know, so that the liberal media puppets repost this link over and over again, so that the soup kitchen gets hate mail, so that people start to attack their non profit status and so that eventually the soup kitchen gives up their evil work of trying to feed people in the name of God.
Most atheists identify as humanist so all that matters is that you're human and in need. Just because people don't agree on ONE issue doesn't mean they can't work together, unless you're this soup kitchen.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:16 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
It has nothing to do with accepting their help, they're very open and clear about their mission.

Why would an atheist group want to help a group which they clearly don't agree with? Oh wait I know, so that the liberal media puppets repost this link over and over again, so that the soup kitchen gets hate mail, so that people start to attack their non profit status and so that eventually the soup kitchen gives up their evil work of trying to feed people in the name of God.
I don't think the hungry care what the belief system is of those who help them. They only see the humanity.

The directer of this soup kitchen would do good by reviewing the parable of the Good Samaritan.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:18 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Proselytize what? There's nothing to sell.
Then why the need for the t-shirts?

Old 10-28-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I don't think the hungry care what the belief system is of those who help them. They only see the humanity.

The directer of this soup kitchen would do good by reviewing the parable of the Good Samaritan.
None of that has anything to do with this situation. This religious organization has every right to refuse volunteer assistance from an openly anti-religious group. The hungry folks who are offended by that choice can walk down the street to the atheist group's front door and see if they have anything to eat.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They want to make sure that everyone knows 100% that they don't believe there's anything to sell and that if you do believe there's anything to sell that you are wrong. Come on, you know how these groups act.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
They want to make sure that everyone knows 100% that they don't believe there's anything to sell and that if you do believe there's anything to sell that you are wrong. Come on, you know how these groups act.
Did you watch the video? The head of the atheist group explicitly stated they wouldn't wear t-shirts. I mean, It's not like religious folks wear crosses everywhere or anything..And what's so scary about a t-shirt identifying an organization? I know, it goes against the silly stereotype that atheists are evil, heartless baby eaters.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:35 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Did you watch the video? The head of the atheist group explicitly stated they wouldn't wear t-shirts.
But they had them made up. Why have them made up? Why wear them there in the first place if you have nothing to sell?

Quote:
I mean, It's not like religious folks wear crosses everywhere or anything..And what's so scary about a t-shirt identifying an organization? I know, it goes against the silly stereotype that atheists are evil, heartless baby eaters.
Scary? I have no problem with them only in the idea that they have nothing to sell.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:41 PM

3,160 posts, read 4,365,078 times
good.
send those losers home, if they truly want to help the homeless why is it necessary to call the MSM for attention ?

typical liberal parasite attitude.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
But they had them made up. Why have them made up? Why wear them there in the first place if you have nothing to sell?

Scary? I have no problem with them only in the idea that they have nothing to sell.
Of course they had t-shirts..Do you think they were made just for the soup kitchen? Are atheist groups not allowed to have group insignia made up? Calm down. They weren't going to wear what they already had to the soup kitchen.

Please, tell me what they plan on selling. I've never had an atheist knock on my door or stop me on the street and try to sell me, what exactly? I've had religious groups do that all my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies