Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2013, 09:35 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,694,163 times

Advertisements

Stupid if true, God wants everyone to help, even atheists. But I bet there is more to this story than the information that is being presented. Maybe the atheists were being jerks and trying to convert people to atheism?

Come to think of it, there is no secular charity that does sound good of a job as Churches and other religious groups such as Jewish Synagogues etc... Atheists like to attack the Catholic Church a lot, some even make the claim that the world would be better off without the Church. But yet the Catholic Church (and I'm not Catholic) alone provides far more care for the homeless, the widows, the sick, the orphans, and all the downtrodden than any government or secular or atheist program ever. And that's just one church, not taking account the baptists or Lutherans or Mormons or non denominational groups. The Jewish community is also very charitable as well despite their small size.

Just something to ponder about....

Old 10-28-2013, 09:37 PM

545 posts, read 451,297 times
There needs to be an answer as to why the group engineered their incentive to include crashing an event, which was not introduced with at least the common sense of a call or notice for the offer in extra hands.

This question requires an answer in order to find any authenticity to the story.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:38 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,310,523 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by Katiana

I refuse to waste 4 min. of my life watching a
youtube video, so I'll take a wild guess. Perhaps the atheists wanted to
proselytize?
Proselytize what? Were they going to hand out blank pamphlets?

Old 10-28-2013, 09:45 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,161,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
And the Congressional Black Congress refuses to accept whites that want to help the blacks in their districts.
The word "black" is in their group name for a reason.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
I have no idea why you want to continually change the subject (yeah, I really do). I never said they would wear their t-shirts after saying they wouldn't. I said despite the claims to the contrary, they are trying to sell their beliefs.

Prejudice? I care less what others religious beliefs are. It's none of my business. I'm just wondring why this group feels the need to stick their beliefs in the faces of others. Isn't religion suppose to be a private thing? Keep it to yourself? Why the t-shirts to express that they don't believe in a god?

I mean I support their right to their religion as much as anyone but it's farcical to try and argue that they are any different than anyone else with a belief.

They don't HAVE a religion or "beliefs".

Old 10-28-2013, 09:48 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,161,845 times
As an atheist, I'd be all too happy if religious groups wanted nothing to do with me and made it a point to refuse my help.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:53 PM

33,518 posts, read 37,098,765 times
Quote:
Yeah, O.K. nothing to sell. LOL
That's right they have nothing to sell, unlike every religious charity that comes with strings attached...Namely an excuse to proselytize. That soup kitchen is run by hypocrites.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
At the very least, these Christians could have assigned washing dishes and taking out the garbage to those evil atheists.
Absolutely not! Just being near an atheist is a portal to hell.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:03 PM

33,518 posts, read 37,098,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Proselytize what? Were they going to hand out blank pamphlets?
Of course they were....

Old 10-28-2013, 10:03 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,502,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macpherson View Post
There needs to be an answer as to why the group engineered their incentive to include crashing an event, which was not introduced with at least the common sense of a call or notice for the offer in extra hands.

This question requires an answer in order to find any authenticity to the story.
A question to your strawman requires no answer. Anyway, why call? I've volunteered plenty and never needed to call ahead or explain my religious status. Why would one assume that they'd be turned away from helping the homeless because they disagree on an unrelated issue? Some of us just want to help and do it along side others in the community. I guess not all religious folk agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies