Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 08:43 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,171,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Just like the captain, going down with the ship, even if its your own fault you went full steam ahead, directly into the iceberg shouting, "people can still get in the rafts, whats the problem"?
... or we still serve the best chicken on the high seas!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 08:44 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
That's ridiculous.

I'm surprised Obamacare won't require PAP smear coverage for men and prostate wellness for women.

Where we live, you're only required to buy flood insurance if you live in a floodplain. Otherwise, it's optional.
But that concept is too easy and doesn't involve enough government control for this administration's liking...
Hey, I was going through the healthcare.gov application and when they asked me if my 13 year old son was pregnant, and my 10 year old daughter paid alimony, I gave up

Old 10-29-2013, 08:49 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Hey, I was going through the healthcare.gov application and when they asked me if my 13 year old son was pregnant, and my 10 year old daughter paid alimony, I gave up
I wouldn't go near that site. If they can't handle the basics it surely isn't handling security and your personal information like your social security number can be at risk. Every website can be hacked and this site is no different in fact more susceptible to it because of the gold mine it holds and it is not working right.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:55 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
Obama lied people died will be the chant??

Actually, now we have a quote for Obama, just like the other presidents.

Kennedy: Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.(shows how times have changed)
Johnson: I'm not going to be the first American President to lose a war.
Nixon: I'm not a crook.
Carter:"I asked Amy what was the most important issue of the day"
Reagan: Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall.
Bush 41: Read my lips, no new taxes.
Clinton: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." or "it depends on what the definition of is is."
Bush 43: ????
Obama: If you like your health plan, you can keep it.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:01 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
If you believed that then you are the mark they were looking to hit.
Well they hit a lot of marks didn't they? Most of the poor and middle class and youth who voted for him in mass numbers were the marks you talk about. Just like Stalin who used the peasants and called them "useful fools"...I guess the new age term is now....marks. Good to know, thank you.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:04 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
In other words, Barack Obama is a goddamned liar, and NBC has exposed his blatant lies for the whole world to see.
Obama had no basis in reality from which to make his Utopian promises. he may as well have declared that under his health care plan, everyone who was overweight would lose 50 lbs, and unemployment would drop to 4%.

He knowingly misled people by deceitfully making promises he knew where without merit or substance, because there was no final health care plan yet. It's like scamming people to invest billions of dollars, because you have designed a car that gets 100 mpg, seats five adults, and costs $8,000 to build, and not informing anyone that this car does not exist, and it's nothing but a Utopian pipe dream.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:06 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,490,492 times
Older men and women are covered by existing Medicare programs and have or will benefit greatly by the impact of ACA, according to what I'm reading and listening to.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Obama lied people died will be the chant??

Actually, now we have a quote for Obama, just like the other presidents.

Kennedy: Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.(shows how times have changed)
Johnson: I'm not going to be the first American President to lose a war.
Nixon: I'm not a crook.
Carter:"I asked Amy what was the most important issue of the day"
Reagan: Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall.
Bush 41: Read my lips, no new taxes.
Clinton: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." or "it depends on what the definition of is is."
Bush 43: ????
Obama: If you like your health plan, you can keep it.
Bush 43 "I'm the decider."

Old 10-29-2013, 09:10 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,629,314 times
I woke up to this news headline today on both the radio and television. "Two Million Americans Have Lost Their Health Insurance Under Obamacare. It seems confirmed by NBC News and other news sources that Obama knew about this. Yet the hardcore leftists still tout this individual and his programs as the greatest thing that happened to america since sliced bread. When are people going to wake up and realize that our dictator-in-chief is a liar and doesn't care for the average american? This isn't the only thing he has lied about. Anyone remember Benghazi? How about NSA spying? What will it take to convince people that our country is heading down the wrong path?Obama administration knew millions could not keep their health insurance - Investigations

Old 10-29-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Older men and women are covered by existing Medicare programs and have or will benefit greatly by the impact of ACA, according to what I'm reading and listening to.
We are stealing $700 billion from Medicare to pump into the ACA, so tell me again how the Medicare folks benefit, and then tell that to the lower income earners who used to have Medicare Advantage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies