Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 10:23 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
He told the truth.
Durbin said it.

Finito.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 10:26 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
You do understand who "The Ministry of Truth" was, right?
Once I understand what you mean by your conspiracies and babble, it is a sign that I need to seek professional help.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:39 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
I don't care if it is true or not - the real story here is . . . DURBIN purposely posted something he really knew nothing about on the biggest social media platform in the world . . . after being told to GO GET THIS OUT THERE!!! by a White House staffer. If this isn't a concerted effort to keep the devisive politics going, I don't know what is. This was simply an inside look at how this White House and DEMs in particular are stirring the pot trying to cause contention in between Congressmen, Senators and the voting public. That is the story. And it is shameful.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:45 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Once I understand what you mean by your conspiracies and babble, it is a sign that I need to seek professional help.
Sigh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ministry_of_Truth

Old 10-29-2013, 11:18 AM

641 posts, read 240,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I don't care if it is true or not - the real story here is . . . DURBIN purposely posted something he really knew nothing about on the biggest social media platform in the world . . . after being told to GO GET THIS OUT THERE!!! by a White House staffer. If this isn't a concerted effort to keep the devisive politics going, I don't know what is. This was simply an inside look at how this White House and DEMs in particular are stirring the pot trying to cause contention in between Congressmen, Senators and the voting public. That is the story. And it is shameful.
From a 10/23 posting, I found that President Obama's spokesperson told reporters that he spoke to members in that meeting and the comment was never said. If there'd been no denial, then yes it would have been a bad sign re' this President. But the comment was denied by his office. That's not to say a staffer didn't do something wrong here. I imagine the going-ons between the Office and Congress has brought them to near boiling points (both sides). We, the voters have to well informed, and that means understanding all sides stories. I admit my tolerance for the tea party is very low, but I'll try.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:21 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah, because it was so far-fetched to believe that hostile Republican partisans would ever say anything like that.

BTW..anyone seen Joe Wilson lately?
Joe Wilson was right.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:26 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
The way I read Durbin's quote, the White House was actually complicit in communicating this lie, and Durbin was simply the messenger on behalf of the White House. If this is the case, then the US media should hound-dog it to death to figure out why the President and his cronies would want to perpetuate such a lie. This is unbelievable!

Old 10-29-2013, 11:32 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moscowborn View Post
From a 10/23 posting, I found that President Obama's spokesperson told reporters that he spoke to members in that meeting and the comment was never said. If there'd been no denial, then yes it would have been a bad sign re' this President. But the comment was denied by his office. That's not to say a staffer didn't do something wrong here. I imagine the going-ons between the Office and Congress has brought them to near boiling points (both sides). We, the voters have to well informed, and that means understanding all sides stories. I admit my tolerance for the tea party is very low, but I'll try.
What it means is that the White House asked Durbin to feed it to reporters, so it could be used as talking points, when they desperately needed a diversion. Durbin does what they say and the White House says "what, we don't think it happened".

The goal was the result, which was to demonize Republicans in the media, and divert from the present political crisis. And the dutiful C-D libs repeated it as did all the media democrats who put party first and truth last.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:37 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Why are they even babbling about crap they didn't personally hear a fellow congressman say? If they didn't personally hear it, they should keep their flapping traps shut.
Social media has changed the world. Posting/tweeting hearsay becomes news.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:45 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
'They gave me a bad quote and then they said it didn't occur,' Durbin said Monday, speaking to reporters after he and U.S. Sen. John McCain spoke to a civic group about immigration reform in Chicago. 'Now it's history, it's behind'
Somebody lied here. If it had been on the conservative side, the media would track that person down like a bloodhound and demand a pound of flesh, but since these were liberal democrats caught in the lie, "it's history, it's behind."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies