Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2007, 09:43 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,806,527 times

Advertisements

Not to sound horrible but what do you DO with homeless crazy people??

Also she wasn't DENIED treatment,she was given three days worth of treatment after falling...

It does look like the hospital failed to follow California guidelines.

What would you have wanted the hospital to do more?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 09:50 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,438,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Not to sound horrible but what do you DO with homeless crazy people??

Also she wasn't DENIED treatment,she was given three days worth of treatment after falling...

It does look like the hospital failed to follow California guidelines.

What would you have wanted the hospital to do more?
She wasn't fully treated though to a good health, this happens a lot. The hospital could have called the police to have them find a relative or a social program to house her, not just dump her out on a dangerous street.

All in all, I think if we had social medicine we might have a lot less sick people and probably a lot less homeless (I cannot quantify that though).

Maybe our War Vets could actually get treatment too since the VA hospital is so backlogged?

Old 11-28-2007, 09:51 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,149,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Maybe our War Vets could actually get treatment too since the VA hospital is so backlogged?
Could we use the VA as an example of a Government run health care system?

Old 11-28-2007, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Could we use the VA as an example of a Government run health care system?
Sure you could, but I would rather use the actual Active Duty Hospitals which are ran very nicely.
VA is horrible.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:56 AM

Quote:
VA is horrible.
The VA is a great example of what many are seeking everyone have

Old 11-28-2007, 10:00 AM

5,408 posts, read 7,775,705 times
The VA is overloaded with vets recently traumatized by war and insufficient resources have been dedicated to handle them.

As mach mentioned, the active military care is run very efficiently for the most part.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:01 AM

Quote:
The VA is a great example of what many are seeking everyone have
VA is a really bad example. I would not seek that in any way. I worked in a VA hospital before, they are understaffed by civilians and contractors, and facilities are not maintained properly IMO.

I have not seen or heard anyone asking to have a social plan appearing like the VA.

I think what people want is to be healthy and know their country cares about their health. I just think there are so many things wrong with the way we handle health, defensive medicine ruled by law and insurance companies avoiding lawsuits. It is all hazardous to Americans health.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:08 AM

Quote:
VA is a really bad example. I would not seek that in any way. I worked in a VA hospital before, they are understaffed by civilians and contractors, and facilities are not maintained properly IMO.

I have not seen or heard anyone asking to have a social plan appearing like the VA.

I think what people want is to be healthy and know their country cares about their health. I just think there are so many things wrong with the way we handle health, defensive medicine ruled by law and insurance companies avoiding lawsuits. It is all hazardous to Americans health.
A Government run healthcare system could very well end up looking like the VA - long waits for surgeries (sound familiar (read Canada)), lack of trained professionals (willing to work for low government wages) etc

Old 11-28-2007, 10:10 AM

Quote:
A Government run healthcare system could very well end up looking like the VA - long waits for surgeries (sound familiar (read Canada)), lack of trained professionals (willing to work for low government wages) etc
Who says Canada has it right? Why can't we be better than that?

Active Duty Military, Firemen, School Teachers, Police Officers all have social plans don't they?

Old 11-28-2007, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Who says Canada has it right? Why can't we be better than that?

Active Duty Military, Firemen, School Teachers, Police Officers all have social plans don't they?
I did not say Canada has it right - I was referring to their long waits

And yes, Active Duty Military have medical - But the others you mentioned do not have "social plans" - they may get private health insurance as part of their employment package
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies