Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 09:00 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Wow, Congressman Michael Doyle (D) just said his 33 year old self-employed son was going to get subsidies so his insurance would go down, and Doyle was excited because he pays for his son's insurance, so Doyle will save money.

He just admitted, without any embarrassment:

1. That his 33 year old son can't support himself.

2. That he, as a Congressman with plenty of money, is excited that tax payers will be paying for his son so Doyle doesn't have to pay as much.

I would be mortified to admit I was paying my 33 year old's bills and would not be celebrating passing on the buck to the taxpayers. No wonder Doyle's a Democrat.
So your 33 year old kid now qualifies for the latest form of welfare? Now there's something to be proud of. Pretty pathetic when a member of congress both accepts that behavior from a child (granted, parents don't control their parent's lives)...but actually seems somewhat proud of it and is willing to "tell the world". I don't have kids, but if I did, if at 33 they were getting welfare and I still had to support them, I'd regard them as failures, and myself as a failure as a parent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 09:00 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Sebelius- "Hold me accountable for this DEBACLE"

Fine your fired and your government pension no more.

Hold me accountable. HA! *******s is so funny.

Hey Mr Onumbmers I thought no one is madder than you.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:15 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,856,922 times
Quote:
Wow, Congressman Michael Doyle (D) just said his 33 year old self-employed son was going to get subsidies so his insurance would go down, and Doyle was excited because he pays for his son's insurance, so Doyle will save money.

He just admitted, without any embarrassment:

1. That his 33 year old son can't support himself.

2. That he, as a Congressman with plenty of money, is excited that tax payers will be paying for his son so Doyle doesn't have to pay as much.

I would be mortified to admit I was paying my 33 year old's bills and would not be celebrating passing on the buck to the taxpayers. No wonder Doyle's a Democrat.

What's truly pathetic is that Doyle does not recognize how incompetent he is as a parent. 33 years old and you can't support yourself? And Doyle is excited because the tax payers are going to be helping to support his 33 year-old moron.

Classy, Doyle, VERY classy.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:23 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Default It turned into a sales pitch with false information

Listening to the hearing on capital hill for Democrats it turned into a sales pitch and the Dems are giving misleading information. I will use my situation as a case in point.

My insurance policy will be terminated. I did research in an effort to

a.) to find out why
b.) to replace my current insurance.

Why Insurance Canceled (facts about my coverage):
My policy a private insurance, was cancelled because all medically underwritten policies were being canceled.

Democrats are saying I bought a skeleton policy. This is NOT true. If and when I became ill I wanted to be prepared so I bought excellent insurance. I fully funded my health care savings account. The day came, I became very ill and had to have 2 surgeries. My insurance company authorized treatments quickly. The health care was excellent. My insurance paid their agreed portion of my medical bills were also paid quickly and I paid my required amount.

Democrats are demonizing and blaming insurance company. They had no choice. I liked my insurance company and when a company does right by me I want to stay with them. Unfortunately to stay with them the options the prices have increased (not decreased). I attended a seminar provided by my insurance company explaining the changes. And yes I do know that I can shop around.

Shopping For A Replacement Policy:

Note: I am not eligible for a subsidy.

My current policy:
Monthly Payments: $478.25
Deductible: $2500 deduct
Out of pocket max: $2000
Co-Insurance (Co-Pay): 90/10
Quote:
Since I will not be able to keep my policy and when I am forced to buy another policy if I stay with Highmark my options are below. Note: I do not qualify for a subsidy.

Obamacare Compliant Policy Options:

Monthly Payment: $672.00
Deductible: $2000
Out of Pocket Maximum: $9000.00
Co-Insurance (Co-Pay): 80/20

Monthly Payment: $784.65
Deductible: $5000
Out of Pocket Maximum: $7000.00
Co-Insurance (Co-Pay): 90/10

Monthly Payment: $770.59
Deductible: $6400
Out of Pocket Maximum: $12,7000.00
Co-Insurance (Co-Pay): 80/20[/quote]

Last edited by petch751; 10-30-2013 at 10:33 AM..

Old 10-30-2013, 10:28 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Oh suck it up.. You only have to pay $200 more a month, and your maximum out of pocket goes up $7,000, but your deductible drops $500. See, you're saving $500 right there and should be thanking Obama.

Why you so greedy anyways, thinking you should be allowed to keep anything you earn..

Says the average Democrat

Old 10-30-2013, 10:29 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,165 times
Ms.Sebelius offers up apologies then insults half of the American public by saying they are not internet knowledgeable or trusting of the system to enroll.
She doesn't have the real numbers of enrollments today but will by next month...right.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:32 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,173,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Ms.Sebelius offers up apologies then insults half of the American public by saying they are not internet knowledgeable or trusting of the system to enroll.
She doesn't have the real numbers of enrollments today but will by next month...right.

By the she will have her affairs in order and will submit her resignation to protect her ill-gotten gains and pension. That way the buck stops with her instead of with the Barry or whoever told CGI to "go live" with the website rollout without it being sufficiently stress tested.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:35 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Oh suck it up.. You only have to pay $200 more a month, and your maximum out of pocket goes up $7,000, but your deductible drops $500. See, you're saving $500 right there and should be thanking Obama.

Why you so greedy anyways, thinking you should be allowed to keep anything you earn..

Says the average Democrat
LOL, and that is the lowest cost option. So not only is my monthly payment higher (low cost option) now if I become ill again I have to pay $9000 deductible, $7000 more.

And democrats said my cost would go down. Why do they continue to get away with these lies.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:36 AM

5,340 posts, read 4,427,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
Entire hearing is a mockery on the dem side.

How partisan of you!

This whole thing is a sham. It's like sitting center court at a tennis match.

On one hand you have the Republicans detailing the letters they have received that state the ACA sucks.
On the other hand you have the Democrats detailing the letters that laud the ACA and go on and on about how wonderful this is going to be for them.

The first person that has the gumption to say, "Madam Secretary, I have received many letters from my constituents. Some are positive and others are negative," should be the next president. Maybe then we will get an honest one. Why they ALL have to be so damn sectarian is beyond me.

I am sick and tired of all the partisan crap. One side is no better than the other. There are positives and negatives in all things. Until everyone gets off of their high horse and stops this BULL, we will never get anything worthwhile accomplished.

Come Together- The Beatles - YouTube
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:50 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,880,990 times
Quote:
The irony is hilarious. And she knows it's down. But she is continuously saying it it "much better now and getting better every day." Meanwhile, the enrollment and shopping side of the site is completely down.

https://www.healthcare.gov/pre-registration.html

From Politico: Healthcare.gov goes down as Sebelius testifies:
HealthCare.gov goes down

Can any liberal in good conscience admit that this woman would have been out a job along time ago had she had these results as a ceo in the pvt sector?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies