U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 09:26 AM

4,989 posts, read 4,493,507 times

Advertisements

The irony is hilarious. And she knows it's down. But she is continuously saying it it "much better now and getting better every day." Meanwhile, the enrollment and shopping side of the site is completely down.

https://www.healthcare.gov/pre-registration.html
Quote:
The system is down at the moment.
We are experiencing technical difficulties and hope to have them resolved soon. Please try again later.
In a hurry? You might be able to apply faster at our Marketplace call center. Call 1-800-318-2596 to talk with one of our trained representatives about applying over the phone.
From Politico: Healthcare.gov goes down as Sebelius testifies:
HealthCare.gov goes down
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 09:33 AM

39,075 posts, read 23,178,974 times
Verizon had a problem that impacted the federal website as well as other sites.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:33 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,405,510 times
That never happens in the private sector.

Bill Gates Windows Crash Movie - YouTube

Old 10-30-2013, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Verizon had a problem that impacted the federal website as well as other sites.
The federal government is accountable for this system. They chose Verizon. I own a business. If there is a problem somewhere along a supply chain, it falls on me to make things right for my customers. I don't get to say, "Sorry, the supplier I chose screwed up, you don't get your stuff." I'm responsible for making sure things are handled correctly.

Obama, Sebelius and Dems made this law, wrote the rules, chose the contractors, and are forcing people to get coverage or pay a fee. They are accountable for making sure the site works.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:36 AM

5,098 posts, read 4,128,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
That never happens in the private sector.

Bill Gates Windows Crash Movie - YouTube

In the private sector, we keep our failures "in house".

Old 10-30-2013, 09:45 AM

Wow, Congressman Michael Doyle (D) just said his 33 year old self-employed son was going to get subsidies so his insurance would go down, and Doyle was excited because he pays for his son's insurance, so Doyle will save money.

He just admitted, without any embarrassment:

1. That his 33 year old son can't support himself.

2. That he, as a Congressman with plenty of money, is excited that tax payers will be paying for his son so Doyle doesn't have to pay as much.

I would be mortified to admit I was paying my 33 year old's bills and would not be celebrating passing on the buck to the taxpayers. No wonder Doyle's a Democrat.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:52 AM

8,031 posts, read 7,361,761 times
Stopped watching the hearing.

What I mostly saw was just one side actually asking questions (R) and the other side (D) making speeches about basically how much they hate their colleagues on the other side for disagreeing with them, while throwing in some propaganda about how "great" ACA is so far.

No thanks.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:53 AM

583 posts, read 414,738 times
Entire hearing is a mockery on the dem side.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:56 AM

25,384 posts, read 16,318,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
The federal government is accountable for this system. They chose Verizon. I own a business. If there is a problem somewhere along a supply chain, it falls on me to make things right for my customers. I don't get to say, "Sorry, the supplier I chose screwed up, you don't get your stuff." I'm responsible for making sure things are handled correctly.

Obama, Sebelius and Dems made this law, wrote the rules, chose the contractors, and are forcing people to get coverage or pay a fee. They are accountable for making sure the site works.
And that is the primary difference. YOU own the business and accept responsiblity and accountability. Government workers and elected officials, accept no responsibility and are never held accountable for any failure. I was listening to the Sebelius questioning in congress this morning on the way to work. Even knowing there was a "hard" deadline for implementation of a web site, there was no penalty clause written into any of the contracts. Funny how that works...as a private business, if we commit to having a job done on time, our contracts DO have penalties if we fail to deliver on the terms of the contract. If you're a government worker, or even contractor it seems, failure and incompetance are both acceptable and actually encouraged.

On another note with regard to her testimony....makes me realize what a bunch of douches we have in congress, on both sides of the aisle. Most seem to be dottering old fools or idiots incapable of putting together a coherant sentence, just asking questions for the purpose of getting on camera, not "fixing" anything. Sebilius was little better, dodging questions and providing no solid answers...but I actually did feel a bit sorry for her. Some in congress are like little children. Like I said, that includes members on both sides of the aisle.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:59 AM

6,502 posts, read 4,869,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Wow, Congressman Michael Doyle (D) just said his 33 year old self-employed son was going to get subsidies so his insurance would go down, and Doyle was excited because he pays for his son's insurance, so Doyle will save money.

He just admitted, without any embarrassment:

1. That his 33 year old son can't support himself.

2. That he, as a Congressman with plenty of money, is excited that tax payers will be paying for his son so Doyle doesn't have to pay as much.

I would be mortified to admit I was paying my 33 year old's bills and would not be celebrating passing on the buck to the taxpayers. No wonder Doyle's a Democrat.

Wow. There are no words except shameful and pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies