Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 08:20 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
See if Sowell was right... this is 4 years old.

"Not one of us". This is the perfect elitist attitude. No liberal argues with her accomplishments as a governor. They try to pretend she didn't have any, and they lie about them with impunity... but why go through such efforts to continue the personal attacks? Easy... She broke into the "the club" and didn't pay the dues. A blue collar family, where the woman became governor of the state. With an approval rating few governors ever matched, ever. Palin's approval rating was near 80% in Alaska until the partisans from the lower 48 started their campaign.

Imagine if she were VP... Or POTUS. A blue collar type. That's what it's all about, you know. To a liberal "dumb" is "not having learned our superior ways". And that's to get all the right names on your resume, and then pay the dues to the insiders club.

"Not One of Us" | RealClearPolitics

Over the years, I've gotten into a lot of discussions with a lot of libs... An interesting phenomenon occurs... the moment you disagree, the response is "Let's compare resumes..." An idea is valid because of a resume? Not because it's good and has merit?
When Palin made comments about "real" Americans, and "the Best of America", that's not elitism?

Old 10-31-2013, 08:21 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,968,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
This thread (which, granted, is pretty pointless) is about the former half-term governor of Alaska, not the current occupant in the White House. Try to stay on topic.
No, the topic has become "what is the definition of moron", since someone used that word.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:21 AM

525 posts, read 508,545 times
Quote:
See if Sowell was right... this is 4 years old.

"Not one of us". This is the perfect elitist attitude. No liberal argues with her accomplishments as a governor. They try to pretend she didn't have any, and they lie about them with impunity... but why go through such efforts to continue the personal attacks? Easy... She broke into the "the club" and didn't pay the dues. A blue collar family, where the woman became governor of the state. With an approval rating few governors ever matched, ever. Palin's approval rating was near 80% in Alaska until the partisans from the lower 48 started their campaign.

Imagine if she were VP... Or POTUS. A blue collar type. That's what it's all about, you know. To a liberal "dumb" is "not having learned our superior ways". And that's to get all the right names on your resume, and then pay the dues to the insiders club.

"Not One of Us" | RealClearPolitics

Over the years, I've gotten into a lot of discussions with a lot of libs... An interesting phenomenon occurs... the moment you disagree, the response is "Let's compare resumes..." An idea is valid because of a resume? Not because it's good and has merit?
Um....yeah.....I've been a card carrying member of the GOP since I've been old enough to give a hoot about politics and I can't stand Palin. She's just not a bright woman. At all. On top of that she has damages the party any time she opens her mouth. People like her, Bachmann, Santorum, Cain all need to fall by the wayside where they belong.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
When Palin made comments about "real" Americans, and "the Best of America", that's not elitism?
Not at all. It's not a class of something to aspire to. It's a dedication to the ideals that created the country.. industriousness, independence, hard work, productivity, a commitment to liberty, and respect for the liberties of others.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
Um....yeah.....I've been a card carrying member of the GOP since I've been old enough to give a hoot about politics and I can't stand Palin. She's just not a bright woman. At all.
LOL!!!!

Then, tell me, who is "bright", in your estimation? How do you define "bright"?

Old 10-31-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
LOL!!!!

I define bright by being able to thoughfully articulate a relevant position on world events, and solutions on managing our problems. Palin is just a mouthpiece. I'm ok with the fact that she is a mouthpiece for my team, but she has no political relevance other than being a punchline.

She is nationally unelectable and polarizing. Any person that creates major divisions in the party is bad for us.

She needs to acknowledge that she is polarizing...and bow out.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:29 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
LOL!!!!

I don't think anyone would go wrong by just going diametricaly opposite of most, if not all of your posts.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:30 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times
FWIW, I don't think Palin is "a moron", even though I would certainly never vote for her. Anyone who is able to make millions writing books, giving speeches, and being on TV must be fairly smart to generate that kind of revenue.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:32 AM

Quote:
LOL!!!!

You can't sincerely tell me that you think she is a positive influence on conservatism in America?

Old 10-31-2013, 08:34 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
She was governor of Alaska for 2-1/2 years. I can't recall her accomplishments.

Liberals don't explode over PAlin. In fact, we love that she is out there in front to show the public what the Tea Party movement is like.
And Hillary's accomplishments? What besides a husband who cheats on her always and the slaughter in Benghazi?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies