Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 09:59 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,376,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
The Dems have been lied to by Obama for so long they now consider it normal behavior.

Yes democrats, the loyal supporters, feel that lying is now the new norm. And they accept it, that is what is so disturbing. I would not save face for anyone, even someone in my party, no way.

What for, a liar is a liar, and within their lies, lies something bigger deeper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 10:00 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,419,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2beAMom View Post
Cadillac plans were designed to be "cheap"... although in this case they were sold a "cadillac" plan that was basically crap if they had to pay a lot of out pocket. If the ACA was in place and the plan that they will now have was in place then they wouldn't have had to pay so much out of pocket because the ACA guidelines set a standard that prevents just such things..

And.. if their "cadillac" plan had to change to comply.. it meant that they were not up to the standard (in otherwords, they were BELOW minimum standards.. ie.. it was crap)

And yes, it may cost them more in the short run.. but long run.. they are better off..

WE are ALL better off. ACA came about for JUST THE REASON illustrated in the story you referenced .. its so that from now on no one has to go through that kind of situation.

AND.. most likely the subsidies they qualify for would ease the difference between what they had and what they will have ..
Crazy rational of the libs are crazy. They paid a million dollars on her husband's illness. Most people should have such a "crappy" plan. Tell her she is better off now.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:01 PM

577 posts, read 433,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So you are OK with a president that tells us lies over and over again? Pathetic.

But I understand. Obama lies so often that it has become normal behavior.

Don't put words in my mouth. I'm not okay with that...

Nor am I okay with any news idiot or any other politician from either side lying..

That is the problem.

I can tell you this much. .having read the law and referenced back to it every time I "heard" something "awful" about it I can tell you that there are far more lies coming from the opposition than there are those in support of Obamacare !

Lies are awful.. lies are what is tearing this nation into left and right..

Facts don't seem to matter anymore.. people have become so entrenched in their ideology that anything that is a fact suddenly gets dismissed as "leaning"... it's horrible.

All i can say is FACT CHECK FOR YOURSELF everything you hear or have heard about Obamacare.. you'd be amazed ... maybe your opinion will change and maybe it won't and I can respect that.. as long as your opinions come after you have the facts..

Old 10-31-2013, 10:02 PM

NOTE TO MODS. DIXON DIAZ WANTS HIS CARTOONS TO BE REPUBLISHED TO AS MANY SITES AS POSSIBLE.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:07 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,029,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2beAMom View Post
Don't put words in my mouth. I'm not okay with that...

Nor am I okay with any news idiot or any other politician from either side lying..

That is the problem.

I can tell you this much. .having read the law and referenced back to it every time I "heard" something "awful" about it I can tell you that there are far more lies coming from the opposition than there are those in support of Obamacare !

Lies are awful.. lies are what is tearing this nation into left and right..

Facts don't seem to matter anymore.. people have become so entrenched in their ideology that anything that is a fact suddenly gets dismissed as "leaning"... it's horrible.

All i can say is FACT CHECK FOR YOURSELF everything you hear or have heard about Obamacare.. you'd be amazed ... maybe your opinion will change and maybe it won't and I can respect that.. as long as your opinions come after you have the facts..
Here's a perfect example...

Quote:
Yet Another Obamacare Horror Story Debunked

Deborah Cavallaro was all over the news on Wednesday as an example of someone who lost her existing health insurance thanks to Obamacare. Except one problem -- the plan she qualifies for is better.

"The sad truth is that Cavallaro has been very poorly served by the health insurance industry and the news media. It seems that Anthem didn't adequately explain her options for 2014 when it disclosed that her current plan is being canceled. If her insurance brokers told her what she says they did, they failed her. And the reporters who interviewed her without getting all the facts produced inexcusably shoddy work -- from Maria Bartiromo on down. They not only did her a disservice, but failed the rest of us too."

Yet Another Obamacare Horror Story Debunked | Occupy America

Old 10-31-2013, 10:09 PM

577 posts, read 433,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Crazy rational of the libs are crazy. They paid a million dollars on her husband's illness. Most people should have such a "crappy" plan. Tell her she is better off now.

Wait a second.. did I misunderstand your original post? because I thought you said they had to pay out of pocket for a lot of the care.. or did you mean that the insurance company paid for a lot of their care?.

I thought they were told it was a cadillac plan and it wasn't..so I think I misunderstood.

Indeed then this would be a case of someone adversely affected.

I never believed there wouldn't be people that would loose out in this.

As someone that undertands how insurance works and the problems of our healthcare system in the U.S I know of the negative impact that Cadillac plans ultimately have on the system of healthcare and actually contributing to the rising cost of care for in this country.

However, I do believe that their coverage would be equal to what they had in the exchanges (probably a Gold pan) to what they had in the cadillac plan.. but yes, they will ultimately pay more...

There was an article that pointed out the percentage of losers to winners in Obamacare ..with the loosers being in the 3%.. but the rest of the nation benefits... a trade off I guess.... and they were very lucky to have such a great plan on the cheap.. but just so that a few can get such a great plan so cheap. .is that worth so many not being able to have a great plan as well or having a plan at all. Because that is what it boils down to.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:10 PM

11,011 posts, read 10,968,345 times
Something similar happening in my area. The largest insurer by far is Blue Cross Blue Shield. We have two major hospitals and then smaller ones about 40 miles away. As it stands right now, only one of the insurers offering the new Obamacare policies are in-network for just one of area hospitals.

This wouldn't be as egregious if 90% of the doctors weren't part of the hospital too (e.g. Physician Partners). Those are out of network too now. So, the only people who will be in-network for our area are people with insurance from their employers since Obamacare was delayed for a year with them. There was an article in our local paper and the hospitals claimed that the reimbursement rates were SO low, there was no way they could come to an agreement.

We're not a tiny podunk town either - we're actually a mid-sized city. So for someone like me and others that had individual plans - I first got my plan cancelled. Then if I wanted a new one that wasn't as good as my own, the cost increased substantially. Now, I find out that the in-network doctors and hospitals are 50 miles away. Yeah, what was that about how I could keep my plan AND my doctor? Can't keep either, it turns out.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:11 PM

Too bad the web site is so screwed or we would know just how wonderful these insurance policies that make people pay up to 400% more is for them, huh?

Old 10-31-2013, 10:16 PM

76,913 posts, read 47,227,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Hospitals should accept any insurance, and do.
Some do, some don't. Nothing new under the sun.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:17 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,504,077 times
I love the LWNJ talking points. They change daily and are repeated ad nauseam by the useful idiots here who parrot whatever they're told to. Original thought? Not in LWNJ world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies