Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 03:21 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,175,484 times

Advertisements

I'm still amazed that so many people voted for this guy, twice. There was more than adequate amount of information available showing Obama's true nature and how totally unqualified he was for any political office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 03:23 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I didn't vote for this turd. Why should I suffer? Maybe the older parents should have raised their children right and proper. Is that too much to ask?

So thanks a lot babyboomers. Because you raised my peers to be a bunch of communists, my employer has to pay more to insure me. Worse yet, employers have even less incentive to hire younger employees like me.

I'm a "boomer" who raised two of your peers, neither of whom thought much of Obama from the start, or voted for him, and neither are communist. I don't know if the way we raised them was "right and proper", but we did the best we could and let them have their own opinions. One's a business owner who's really feeling the crunch right now.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:22 AM

29,796 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Nope. We pay very well, above the industry average, and bonuses are awesome. We are extremely profitable-to the extent if my 401k contains corps with 2/3rd of our operating profit percentage, I'd be extremely happy.
So $10-$12/hr is considered good money in TN? Makes ya wonder how those folks afford the 10% cost of the health insurance premiums...

Old 11-03-2013, 08:43 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
So $10-$12/hr is considered good money in TN? Makes ya wonder how those folks afford the 10% cost of the health insurance premiums...

That is a typical low skill wage, just as it is nationwide. You've talked of the tons of basic mfg jobs everywhere at that rate.

A McJob merits a McWage..in all 50 states.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:20 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
80% of the country will be unaffected by Obamacare changes to insurance programs.

14% of the country will see their situation improved.

About 3% will see their premiums go up.

Most of those people had 'junk insurance' that did little or nothing when needed.

Experience thus far begs to argue with this.
Many had very good insurance that they now can't keep.
Of course they also weren't paying for the insurance of others and things they didn't need as well.

The Employer Mandate also is not upon us yet (political expediency anyone?).

Old 11-03-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Most single, young people do not really care.

My company subsidizes 80% of insurance cost, and thus I pay tens of dollars (I do not even remember how much) per month for a pretty good deal. I never think about it.

My company pays 79% of it, all the years before and currently too.

My part rose 93.7%.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Anecdotes don't mean anything. There's no ratings in publishing or talking about positive anecdotes.

Why does that "anecdote" always stand behind Obama at the Podium during his Pep Rally speeches?

Old 11-04-2013, 08:39 AM

2,479 posts, read 2,211,652 times
Default Yep. The new normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
I know, just another anecdote,but they are starting to add up:

Obamacare: Unfair to the young middle class, punished enough already - latimes.com

Obama is just pushing the hurt a little further up the class structure. Wicked bad. "A?"

Old 11-04-2013, 08:49 AM

11,237 posts, read 11,015,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
I'm still amazed that so many people voted for this guy, twice. There was more than adequate amount of information available showing Obama's true nature and how totally unqualified he was for any political office.
Please forgive them. They're not extremely bright. Sadly, there's many of them out there too. Anybody can make a mistake the first time around, but twice?.........

Old 11-04-2013, 08:50 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,011,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
Obama is just pushing the hurt a little further up the class structure. Wicked bad. "A?"
You bet. WAPO is noticing that the anger is building among those self-employed and professional types who make too much to qualify for subsidies but not enough to shell out, in one lady's case, an additional $5k a year for health insurance without feeling real pain:

For consumers whose health premiums will go up under new law, sticker shock leads to anger - The Washington Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies