Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2013, 10:56 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Sex isn't. End of discussion.
You can drop out of the conversation, however, your declaration "end of discussion" does not make it so. BIOLOGICAL IMPERATIVE. I know you don't like to adhere to the same definitions and information the rest of us accept, but your burying your head does not change the truth. BIOLOGICAL IMPERATIVE. Sex. Look it up.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:03 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
What arguments have you made that haven't been countered?
Oh yeah....you only 'talk' to hear yourself 'talk' and only 'listen' to yourself.
(Not doing very well at that, either, since you contradict yourself within a few minutes)
I might read more of your inane scribblings again when I need a chuckle.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Exactly so, which is why I have EARNED and provided an emergency fund for myself.

Obamacare SUCKS!!! My spouse is a cancer survivor. We had GREAT insurance that covered all of the treatment after a $2,500 deductible. With Obamacare, not only is our premium going up, but we now have a $5,000 per person deductible. We'll be paying MORE, and possibly for less as there's no guarantee my spouse's doctors are included in any of the Obamacare plans.

Exactly. Why does one deserve more than they have earned?

We all know conservatives are more generous. For example...
RealClearPolitics - Conservatives More Liberal Givers
Why does one deserve more than they have earned? Because HUMAN BEINGS have INTRINSIC VALUE because they are human. If a person is not capable of earning enough money to feed him/herself and/or family, we, as civilized human beings, do NOT let them starve and die a slow torturous death. We don't let hungry children starve because of mistakes made by their parents. ADDITIONALLY, what is it you don't get about the word QUALIFY? One must qualify for food stamps, which means they have to prove that they don't have enough income to provide the basic necessities of life and need assistance feeding themselves and their families. People don't just walk into an agency and say, I want some money to buy food, and then they are given the assistance.

Not all human beings are born with equal intelligence nor equal opportunities. If a child does not receive good nutrition, they do not have a fair start or chance in life.

I think your position about your healtcare plan is actually rather selfish and only self-concerned. With Obamacare MANY MORE people out there with cancer will be able to receive treatment and survive.

Since you're earned so much money, the extra cost to you for health insurance should not be a problem; in fact, you can look at this situation as an emergency for which you have planned. Do you think your spouse's doctor is the ONLY doctor out there who is well qualified to treat the condition? Do you think the medical records will not be made available to a new doctor, IF IN FACT your spouse is forced to give up the doctor who has been administering treatment. WHY do you think that particular doctor would not accept the Obamacare insurance? After all, the insurance is still being provided by insurance companies? Where are you getting this idea that you will lose your doctor? Any hard evidence of that?

Old 11-06-2013, 11:08 AM

872 posts, read 827,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
What arguments have you made that haven't been countered?
Oh yeah....you only 'talk' to hear yourself 'talk' and only 'listen' to yourself.
(Not doing very well at that, either, since you contradict yourself within a few minutes)
I might read more of your inane scribblings again when I need a chuckle.
FancyFeast5000 arguments:It is too expensive for someone to drive to planned parenthood to get an exam, to obtain a prescription for birth control. Their answer, lets include it with their food stamps, to make it easier, this way they do not have to pay the gas or possible baby sitter for their kids.

Compassionate....just hand out birth control to any Mary, Jane and Ann....never mind an exam, it's too expensive and inconvenient.

And you talk about conservatives not caring....

Old 11-06-2013, 11:13 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
LOL. I've had years of experience in adversarial situations where questions are asked to people regarding their positions and their previous statements. I've done quite a number of witness interviews in my lifetime as well. I'm self employed and don't work every day. Just when I have a case and deadlines to meet.

You're just upset that you have a hard time countering the arguments.
Maybe he is upset with your constant haranguing. You keep countering everyone else's opinion with your own. That is fine, but you refuse to admit that not everyone feels as you do. Why should my taxes go pay for things I disagree with? It is ok, just because you say so? What about my right to disagree? Do you believe that the wealthy should have their wealth confiscated and redistributed? That seems to be the believe of many liberals? How about you?

Old 11-06-2013, 11:16 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
The grocery store where I shop has a pharmacy.....and it's a chain store in Florida. I can get my prescriptions when I have one filled there easily when I shop for food. So, what? Do you think I'm suggesting that birth control pills be placed on the shelves for people to buy without a prescription?

Additionally, WalMarts have pharmacies.
So... why can't they pick up their BC pills when they're looting Walmart?

[Raw-ORIGINAL VIDEO] Walmart Shelves in Springhill-Louisiana cleared in EBT Glitch - YouTube

Old 11-06-2013, 11:18 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
So... why can't they pick up their BC pills when they're looting Walmart? [/url]
Because big screen TV's and other electronics require 2 hands.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassy001 View Post
FancyFeast5000 arguments:It is too expensive for someone to drive to planned parenthood to get an exam, to obtain a prescription for birth control. Their answer, lets include it with their food stamps, to make it easier, this way they do not have to pay the gas or possible baby sitter for their kids.

Compassionate....just hand out birth control to any Mary, Jane and Ann....never mind an exam, it's too expensive and inconvenient.

And you talk about conservatives not caring....
LOL You're really getting overwrought.

I never said that a person should NOT get a prescription for birth control pills. I said that payment for birth control pills should be included with the food stamps so that ALL THOSE LAZY women who just have babies so they get another food stamp benefit could pick up those prescriptions easily at the grocery store WITHOUT having to make extra trips. I'm not objecting to a trip to Planned Parenthood to get the initial exam and prescription.

Many of the extremist conservatives are indeed selfish, stingy, greedy, and they use the "personal responsibility" mantra to justify being so totally self concerned.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because big screen TV's and other electronics require 2 hands.

How very narrow minded.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
So... why can't they pick up their BC pills when they're looting Walmart?

[Raw-ORIGINAL VIDEO] Walmart Shelves in Springhill-Louisiana cleared in EBT Glitch - YouTube
You PROVE to me that the majority of food stamp users are minority looters and I'll agree with your position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies