Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 08:05 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yes, it was.

President Clinton orders attack on Iraq - YouTube

Low-information voters, the bane of the U.S.
I tried to tell NJM, but he wouldn't listen. It gets very tiring reading all of the revisionist history liberals try to throw around. Its as if they forget that they can be proven wrong with a few simple mouse clicks. Liberalism is a mental disease. How else do you explain the idiocy?

Old 11-02-2013, 08:08 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Its funny that liberals were FOR it before they were against it... now all of a sudden they leave the Republicans holding their bag as well and "conveniently" forget they were part of the problem... I can honestly say that I was AGAINST it when you liberals were for the war in Iraq... let me know how Egypt is doing btw... or Libya down the line...
Our current POTUS can also say he was against it, nice job of conveniently forgetting that fact.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:14 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Gullible yes, idiots, no.

No. Please, spare me your rhetoric.

What's actually pathetic is that hundreds of American's blood was spilled, and trillions of dollars were blown for naught. Because Bush had a higher calling, like from Jesus or God?
It's actually thousands. Your ignorance is shining through again. What calling lead the Dems to vote for it? Jesus? God?

Old 11-02-2013, 08:17 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
It's actually thousands. Your ignorance is shining through again. What calling lead the Dems to vote for it? Jesus? God?
Fear-mongering righties spreading cow manure?

Old 11-02-2013, 08:25 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
We're sort of discussing the Iraq war here
Yep. My response was to this:
Quote:
It wasn't a democrat that got up on podiums and proclaimed that America was threatened by the use of WMD's
You're just upset to learn that it was, in fact, a Democrat who warned about America being threatened by Iraq's use of WMDs.

Watch it again. Maybe this time it will cut through the fog of delusion...

President Clinton orders attack on Iraq - YouTube

Clinton was SO concerned about Iraq's WMDs that he signed the Iraq Liberation Act during his presidency, the goal of which was regime change in Iraq. The Bush Admin merely accomplished the Act's goal.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:48 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Fear-mongering righties spreading cow manure?
Those moonbtas must be pretty weak willed to be easily manipulated like that.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:50 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,283,757 times
Quote:
We're sort of discussing the Iraq war here, the invasion of Iraq by US troops for WMD's, (none found) (faulty intelligence?) and a possible return to that country to mop us Bush's mess and stabilize it, please do try to keep up.

One of the main problems with that invasion was the lack of command/control, the first thing the military should have done was to seize and secure all weaponry, which was the reason/mission for the invasion in the first place, big mistake. Whose fault was that? the generals running the show on the ground, or was it Bush's order to just track down and dispose of the dictator? What was the real mission?
US soldiers made a beeline for the oil ministry building, ignoring alleged WMD depots. Make of that what you will.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:38 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
US soldiers made a beeline for the oil ministry building, ignoring alleged WMD depots. Make of that what you will.
Seems I do recall some Bush regime lap dogs stating Iraqi oil was going to pay for the war the US started, but I can't find the video of it anymore. I wonder why?

I hope Obama doesn't give the Maliki government anything other than money and advice to just go away and ask some other nation with a bleeding heart to help them. He should go ask the Brits for help, where the doctored intelligence came from.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:41 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
It wasn't a democrat that got up on podiums and proclaimed that America was threatened by the use of WMD's, democrats, like all Americans were sold a package containing bull feces.
I'm sorry, what?

Democrats before Iraq War started.... - YouTube

Old 11-02-2013, 02:45 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,631,619 times
At least we all acknowledge that the Iraq war was a huge mistake. Up until a few years ago, the war actually still had a group of strident defenders who claimed that peace and democracy were ready to flourish in Iraq, but we just had to give it "more time." But as 2013 comes to an end, and Iraq is still in a state of civil war, most of them have given up.

The real lesson is not to repeat the same mistakes elsewhere - we almost got involved in the Syrian civil war a few weeks ago (even more than we already are, behind-the-scenes...). And there are quite a few warmongers who think that invading Iran would be a great idea even today.

There is a one-word rejoinder to them - "Iraq." They have no real response to that anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies