U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-01-2013, 02:49 PM
 
17,683 posts, read 4,525,146 times
Reputation: 3849
Default A strange Obamacare quirk - Maternity Care

James Taranto, author of the WSJ's Best of the Web notes that the only people not required to have maternity coverage in their health insurance are men and women under 30 years old, that is the tranche of the most likely child bearing citizens.

Second, under-30s are exempt. That's right, the geniuses who wrote ObamaCare are forcing everyone to buy maternity care except the age cohort that includes women at peak fertility."

Best of the Web Today: President Haze - WSJ.com

Blog: Another -- really bizarre -- Obamacare quirk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-01-2013, 02:59 PM
 
7,421 posts, read 2,434,151 times
Reputation: 2262
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
James Taranto, author of the WSJ's Best of the Web notes that the only people not required to have maternity coverage in their health insurance are men and women under 30 years old, that is the tranche of the most likely child bearing citizens.

Second, under-30s are exempt. That's right, the geniuses who wrote ObamaCare are forcing everyone to buy maternity care except the age cohort that includes women at peak fertility."

Best of the Web Today: President Haze - WSJ.com

Blog: Another -- really bizarre -- Obamacare quirk
Lower prices for younger people to get as they are important in making this thing work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2013, 03:02 PM
 
2,175 posts, read 1,237,945 times
Reputation: 826
If it wasnt so funny!

So who pays for out of insurance babies of 14-29yr olds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2013, 03:47 PM
 
8,343 posts, read 3,346,973 times
Reputation: 4287
Three guesses, the rest of us. Maternity coverage should be an option not a requirement. What if it's a woman of childbearing age who is sterilized? Or an older woman?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2013, 03:49 PM
 
5,425 posts, read 1,745,812 times
Reputation: 2393
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
James Taranto, author of the WSJ's Best of the Web notes that the only people not required to have maternity coverage in their health insurance are men and women under 30 years old, that is the tranche of the most likely child bearing citizens.

Second, under-30s are exempt. That's right, the geniuses who wrote ObamaCare are forcing everyone to buy maternity care except the age cohort that includes women at peak fertility."

Best of the Web Today: President Haze - WSJ.com

Blog: Another -- really bizarre -- Obamacare quirk
Single mothers are the Dem base. They have kids for welfare purposes. Why would Dems make them pay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2013, 03:55 PM
 
47,586 posts, read 34,426,613 times
Reputation: 21539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Single mothers are the Dem base. They have kids for welfare purposes. Why would Dems make them pay?
Exactly. Plus now most under 27 year olds won't have to pay, Obama reclassified them as children that can stay on their parents' insurance until they reach age 27.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2013, 04:01 PM
 
5,425 posts, read 1,745,812 times
Reputation: 2393
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Exactly. Plus now most under 27 year olds won't have to pay, Obama reclassified them as children that can stay on their parents' insurance until they reach age 27.
Not all parents are stupid enough to allow a bunch of basement dwellers to stay on their policies.

But I'll bet the ones that do are all Dems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2013, 04:06 PM
 
3,519 posts, read 1,801,070 times
Reputation: 2128
Wait a second, every policy is supposed to be the same. That's what they have been telling people they cancel. Don't tell me they are lying again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2013, 04:07 PM
 
Location: Long Island
8,389 posts, read 2,740,783 times
Reputation: 1574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Three guesses, the rest of us. Maternity coverage should be an option not a requirement. What if it's a woman of childbearing age who is sterilized? Or an older woman?
You can't have a plan and price for every alternative, most decent plans include a maternity program.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2013, 04:21 PM
Status: "Happy Halloween!" (set 6 days ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
69,141 posts, read 58,270,444 times
Reputation: 19697
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Exactly. Plus now most under 27 year olds won't have to pay, Obama reclassified them as children that can stay on their parents' insurance until they reach age 27.
It's 26, not 27. Don't think that if you repeat age 27 often enough it will be true. Also, you have no idea how many parents charge their kids for the extra insurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top