Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 10:47 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
....so you couldn't find a way to gain new customers and you didn't want to bust your ass to grow the business.

So then now you have a lot of time hands to post 8600 times in 1 year on CD here.

BTW..... how much did Obama raise taxes on businesses because I still see businesses starting up. Maybe business just isn't your thing.... maybe FOX news pundit?
hmm, customers keep coming, it just can't be helped. You see my business provides (supplies) things customer want and are willing to pay for. Keep trying, you are not getting anywhere.

So what value do you provide that people are willing to pay for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 10:48 AM

People think "I want to go into business to make a million dollars". Those people typically fail because they fail to realize that the customer comes first. If you provide a service or product that serves people well the result will be a successful business. If the business is successful this results in the company hiring people. Nothing like liberals demonizing the very people who can hire people contributing to your success.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:52 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,114,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
hmm, customers keep coming, it just can't be helped. You see my business provides (supplies) things customer want and are willing to pay for. Keep trying, you are not getting anywhere.

So what value do you provide that people are willing to pay for?
...so without these customers or demand there would be no one to provide "supplies to"

My value is in the pharmacy. I dispense patients' medication.

Quote:
People think "I want to go into business to make a million dollars". Those people typically fail because they fail to realize that the customer comes first. If you provide a service or product that serves people well the result will be a successful business. If the business is successful this usually results in hiring people.
.....so demand seems to be important then.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:54 AM

Quote:
People think "I want to go into business to make a million dollars". Those people typically fail because they fail to realize that the customer comes first. If you provide a service or product that serves people well the result will be a successful business. If the business is successful this results in the company hiring people. Nothing like liberals demonizing the very people who can hire people contributing to your success.
Or conservatives demonizing the very people who assisted you with that success. But hey, if you think you can take your business to Sudan and be just as successful be all means.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
...so without these customers or demand there would be no one to provide "supplies to"

My value is in the pharmacy. I dispense patients' medication.

.....so demand seems to be important then.
Hence my previous comment

Quote:
"When you buy a supply you are happy, I am happy. When you just take a supply, you are happy I am not happy. Both matter but forcibly taking from one to give to the other is not good."
So if you were forced to give me medication for nothing in return the pharmacy owner would not be happy. Keep forcing you to give me free medication the owner will have to cut back and you will lose your job.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Or conservatives demonizing the very people who assisted you with that success. But hey, if you think you can take your business to Sudan and be just as successful be all means.
Actually I probably can. There are people in Sudan who would love a paying job.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
No one demonizes the paying customer. It's the people who expect everything for free that is the problem.

When you buy a supply you are happy, I am happy. When you just take a supply, you are happy I am not happy. Both matter but forcibly taking from one to give to the other is not good.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Hence my previous comment

"When you buy a supply you are happy, I am happy. When you just take a supply, you are happy I am not happy. Both matter but forcibly taking from one to give to the other is not good."

So if you were forced to give me medication for nothing in return the pharmacy owner would not be happy. Keep forcing you to give me free medication the owner will have to cut back and you will lose your job.
Who is being forced to give uncompensated goods or services? Either the customer pays out of pocket or the ins pays us. People will always be sick and unhealthy for the foreseeable future so my demand is looking good. It's competition we are more worried about.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Who is being forced to give uncompensated goods or services? Either the customer pays out of pocket or the ins pays us. People will always be sick and unhealthy for the foreseeable future so my demand is looking good. It's competition we are more worried about.
People are forced to give up part of their profit to give to the government to give to the people who expect others to pay their way. And now with Obamacare responsible people are being kicked off their insurance because of those very people. Now we have to find a new policy, pay higher premiums and deductibles to subsidize them.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:01 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
No one gives you a job because you need one. Not because you are a good person, not because you are breathing, can fog a mirror and/or are entitled. You get a job because someone needs some work done and is willing and able to pay you for it.

Employees typically cash a paychecks. Entrepreneurs, don't cash a paycheck at all. They put up the capital, take responsibility for loans and other financing, pay the expenses (including your paycheck).

If, over the course of months or years there is more revenue than expense, they enjoy profits which enable them to live well and invest in another round of entrepreneurship. If there is less revenue than expenses, and if the losing trend is not reversed, the enterprise eventually fails, and the entrepreneur goes bankrupt

What you get paid as an employee is not a share of the profits that your work makes possible, but an advance on the speculation of the profit.

When heavy taxation, anti-business or anti-'rich' rhetoric from powerful politicians, instability and overbearing, unpredictable, and capricious regulation reaches a critical mass, the risks become too great for the investment to proceed. Capital goes on strike or looks for opportunities elsewhere, overseas. Kiss your job (or if you're lucky, your hours, your benefits and/or your raise) goodbye.

Articles: Where do Jobs come from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
They come from the wealthy. If working class Americans keep demonizing them and pressuring the government to tax them even more, they will take their business and jobs elsewhere. Just look at what's happening in France.

Yes, indeed. Jobs come from those almighty "job creators' that the Republicans looove to worship and lick their feet. Only guess what? They aren't 'creating' any jobs; they want to keep ALL the profit they have been making for the past 5 years.

Tell me, where have the so-called job creators been in this era of record profits? Hiding out counting money with their shareholders?

When they pi$$ on everyone - Republicans refer to it as 'trickle down' and drink it down like nectar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies