Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 10:46 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
“There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him.”
― Robert A. Heinlein,
I'd say people of low intelligence posting things that they never prove is far worse. It's funny how you've now made a few dozen posts about this, but you have no data showing that the ACA drove up the costs for people or that, on the overall, people's premiums are increasing more than they usually do.

People who assume that a bunch of anecdotes are proof of an actual pattern or show causation are stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 10:49 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,934,551 times
Quote:
But there is one more thing that they must do, they must get you over the bridge to the Obamacare exchanges. That means that your insurance policy must be terminated. First (now) it is people who are privately insured. Next it will be those who have employer based insurance.

Under ObamaCare, those who work for a living, the responsible class, incur massive premium and deductible increases to subsidize those that cannot or will not provide their own insurance. In the universe of ObamaCare, unless you are among the privileged dependency class.
For some of us it may work out very well to be become the dependent class.

This photo makes me laugh every time I see it because they all voted for Obama in overwhelming numbers and now they are getting exactly what they voted for.

Funny stuff, huh?

All I would tell the kiddies is to put a smile on their faces because they are getting change!

And why wouldn't I take advantage of free health care seeing as how the kiddies want to pay it for me?

I am 62 my wife is 60. We both work because our health insurance would cost $14k annually and while we have the money saved we don't want to spend it right now.

Our house is paid for, we do not have any debts and we have $350,000 in IRA retirement funds and why would we want to spend $50k on healthcare when the kiddies will pay for it?

So we quit work and declare our income from two small rentals we have so we qualify for a subsidy!

We pay $59.66 monthly for health insurance with the rest paid for by the future generation of working stiffs!

Work is for suckers and those <40. I love it, no more work for us, change!

Serious question, if you are under 30 and voted for Obama are you feeling the shaft right about now?

//Sarcasm off, if you haven't figured it out those that will pay the biggest price are those middle income earners that supported Obama. I take no pleasure in this other than you voted for it, I hope you learned something.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:54 AM

7,528 posts, read 11,363,895 times
Yes they are more expensive than before because they cover more than before.

Quote:

The individual health insurance plans being cancelled this fall are generally being discontinued because they do not meet new ACA standards for insurance. The law requires that plans cover a package of what the federal government defines as “essential health benefits.” These include basic categories of care, including hospitalization, emergency care, maternity services, mental health services and prescription drugs.

These new standards will lead to more comprehensive coverage for many people. Previously, many plans sold on the open market offered coverage so skimpy that it did not protect consumers from financial ruin...

Obamacare Health Plans: Who Needs New Coverage | TIME.com

Old 11-04-2013, 10:54 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,968,512 times
Ct Gov Malloy on Morning Joe 11/4 reported to date, over 7,600 Ct residents have enrolled in an ACA plan. He is on top of it, getting daily updates.

I'm not a fan of his overall, but I am very impressed at the well thought out rollout process in Ct. I wish other states did their homework equally well on this important issue.

Connecticut Obamacare Rollout Is Remarkably Breakdown-Free - The Daily Beast

Old 11-04-2013, 11:04 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
“There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him.”
― Robert A. Heinlein,
Quoting a science fiction writer?

Do you work for the RNC or the Tea Party or both?

Old 11-04-2013, 11:11 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
Jackie Mason just eviscerated Obama in an interview they had on Drudge. I always liked that guy, he has a way of telling the truth and being honest in a wise but always funny way.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:53 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,462 times
Quote:
― Robert A. Heinlein,
You voted for John Kerry in 2004. He had a very very similar health care plan he proposed while campaigning. Now you think it's a bad idea?

Old 11-04-2013, 04:12 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Default need to be dying before you would start paying the ridiculous deductible

You will need to be dying before I would start paying this ridiculous deductible. Under ObamaCare, those who work for a living incur massive premium and deductible increases to subsidize those that will not provide their own insurance.

High Deductibles Chase the Middle Class from Health Services

Old 11-04-2013, 04:17 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
No they aren't. Premiums are increasing because insurance companies can't drop you if you get sick, can't deny you for preexisting conditions, can't charge you significantly more for being old, can't place a lifetime cap on policies, and can't have a deductible more than $6350.

If you can't get basic facts right why don't you stick to abortion threads and let the rest of us oppose Obamacare on the merits?

Here are valid criticisms of Obamacare:

Requiring companies to provide insurance.
Classifying people as FT when they work 30 hrs/week.
The Cadillac tax on expensive policies.
Section 6001 that bans physician owned hospitals.
The fact that Obamacare does nothing to address the cost of healthcare.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post32086244

Old 11-04-2013, 04:29 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
and can't have a deductible more than $6350.
What was the average deductible prior to ACA? I ignored the rest of your babble because its nonsense and had nothing to do with the topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies