Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 11:28 AM

46,001 posts, read 34,982,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Do you think he's slowly coming out of the closet?
That is usually the first step, though I think the OP has a long way to go before he admits to himself how he really feels about gay men.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:29 AM

3,462 posts, read 3,157,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
As I stated in that earlier post, it's not a "normal" lifestyle.
Quote:

The male gay community DID cause the AIDS epidemic.

I tolerate them.

I can no longer be called intolerant.
Just to clarify: The AIDS epidemic arose in heterosexual sub-Saharan Africa where it continues today - oh, along with heterosexual black urban America (susceptibility ya know). Creepy gays with exotic tastes quckly brought it over here. Not the majority, just a few. The rest of the story is epidemiology, not sociology; no political science of any significance either.

Where I live, "tolerance" has to do with "out" vs "not out." Makes sense. Do heteros go around telling everybody what position they like to do sex in? Like, with every thing they say or do? NO. Out gays are just wanting everybody to know what they do "under the covers" and with who...as if we all care. That's my beef. And I think that's most people's beef.

Being an "out" gay is s-o-o-o 22-year old - particularly in the day when it meant you wouldn't get married to a girl and everybody eventually would figure it out... and you had that 6 to 8 week period of time when you felt like you had to "explain" what you knew would eventually not happen (no lady in arms) and hope that everybody would be cool to it. "Oh, please accept me! Please?" The vast majority of well-adjusted hobo adults quickly grew out of that "I want to please you" thing and went on to establish other identities because, after all, making a living and functioning in society was more important than a 10 second long orgasm ( and if you are lucky, a good backrub) somewhere in private.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:32 AM

7,098 posts, read 8,862,892 times
As a gay man I could care less if he is tolerant of my lifestyle or not. It would not change anything.

If I'm walking down the street with my boyfriend holding hands he wouldn't have the nerve to say anything.

IMO, he could be as tolerant or as intolerant as he wants. Ive stopped caring what other thought a long time ago.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:33 AM

46,001 posts, read 34,982,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post

Just to clarify: The AIDS epidemic arose in heterosexual sub-Saharan Africa where it continues today - oh, along with heterosexual black urban America (susceptibility ya know). Creepy gays with exotic tastes quckly brought it over here. Not the majority, just a few. The rest of the story is epidemiology, not sociology; no political science of any significance either.

Where I live, "tolerance" has to do with "out" vs "not out." Makes sense. Do heteros go around telling everybody what position they like to do sex in? Like, with every thing they say or do? NO. Out gays are just wanting everybody to know what they do "under the covers" and with who...as if we all care. That's my beef. And I think that's most people's beef.

Being an "out" gay is s-o-o-o 22-year old - particularly in the day when it meant you wouldn't get married to a girl and everybody eventually would figure it out... and you had that 6 to 8 week period of time when you felt like you had to "explain" what you knew would eventually not happen (no lady in arms) and hope that everybody would be cool to it. "Oh, please accept me! Please?" The vast majority of well-adjusted hobo adults quickly grew out of that "I want to please you" thing and went on to establish other identities because, after all, making a living and functioning in society was more important than a 10 second long orgasm ( and if you are lucky, a good backrub) somewhere in private.
Weird, the out gay men I know don't go around talking about all their sexual positions and sexual escapades. Though there was this obviously straight woman talking on the phone in the city last night about giving some guy a handjob.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:34 AM

15,084 posts, read 14,248,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinbrooknine View Post

just to clarify: The aids epidemic arose in heterosexual sub-saharan africa where it continues today - oh, along with heterosexual black urban america (susceptibility ya know). Creepy gays with exotic tastes quckly brought it over here. Not the majority, just a few. The rest of the story is epidemiology, not sociology; no political science of any significance either.

Where i live, "tolerance" has to do with "out" vs "not out." makes sense. Do heteros go around telling everybody what position they like to do sex in? Like, with every thing they say or do? No. Out gays are just wanting everybody to know what they do "under the covers" and with who...as if we all care. That's my beef. And i think that's most people's beef.

being an "out" gay is s-o-o-o 22-year old - particularly in the day when it meant you wouldn't get married to a girl and everybody eventually would figure it out... And you had that 6 to 8 week period of time when you felt like you had to "explain" what you knew would eventually not happen (no lady in arms) and hope that everybody would be cool to it. "oh, please accept me! Please?" the vast majority of well-adjusted hobo adults quickly grew out of that "i want to please you" thing and went on to establish other identities because, after all, making a living and functioning in society was more important than a 10 second long orgasm ( and if you are lucky, a good backrub) somewhere in private.
wtf?

Old 11-02-2013, 11:34 AM

33,943 posts, read 22,366,883 times
Quote:
I tolerate gays and their lifestyle.

I don't see it as "normal", but, being a tolerant person, I tolerate their behavior.
Go you.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:35 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,239,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
A buncha PC crapola, few do more than tolerate kids.
Speak for yourself. Just because you're incapable of empathy and understanding doesn't mean the rest of us are.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:36 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,705,353 times
Quote:
I tolerate gays and their lifestyle.

I don't see it as "normal", but, being a tolerant person, I tolerate their behavior.
And you felt the need to share this, why? The fact that you felt the need to point out your find it abnormal seems like you have an ulterior motive.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:38 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,403,297 times
Quote:
Actually, the government just used the full force of the IRS to punish right-wingers.
That's untrue. It's been debunked everywhere but the Wingnutosphere.

I'm glad you tolerate gays, you are the exception amongst the Teabagger crowd.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:38 AM

1,723 posts, read 2,214,322 times
We shouldn't expect any more than tolerance from anyone. In a free civil society that is all we should require of a person - demanding others to embrace or support or like anything is not a very free way to live. People should not fear repercussions for expressing their beliefs, and if the worst someone says or does is say they 'tolerate' something, then I think that's pretty healthy. Having beliefs of course is different than acting on them in a way harms others, which is where regulations and enforcement come in...social shaming shouldn't be a way to discourage freedom of intellectual/emotional expression. Freedom of speech shouldn't be so narrowly defined as a technicality useful only in a courtroom but as a way of civic life.

As for what is or isn't abnormal...if something is not the norm it is abnormal. If there are insinuations and other charges attached to a statement of neutral statistical fact then that's another discussion altogether.

Being gay or, especially, practicing bisexual behavior was not always and everywhere seen as a negative social deviance to be mocked. Alexander the Great and his military followers and those living a warrior lifestyle in ancient Greece are the most well known who would find such thinking to be a little ***** and nothing more than one person's cultural preference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies