Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 08:01 AM

275 posts, read 178,420 times

Advertisements

"Can California and NY Secede?" (Liberals Are Desperate!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 08:02 AM

78,337 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepper View Post
Massive push for ‘North Colorado’ as 51st state

Wow...the way its looking Denver/Boulder are gonna be left all alone in the cold when this is over.
Oh boy, if it's on wnd.....which I refuse to click on....it must be true.

What is it? 80 people sign a petition?

Old 11-03-2013, 08:07 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
Quote:
Dude, your link is from 2004. At least make it Liberal despair of this decade.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Oh boy, if it's on wnd.....which I refuse to click on....it must be true.

What is it? 80 people sign a petition?
Actually 15k people have liked their page on FB and on Tuesday I believe its 11 counties will vote on the resolution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Dude, your link is from 2004. At least make it Liberal despair of this decade.
Doesn't matter. Oh and for the 2010 and above how about the Pima County secession movement they want to call it Baja Arizona. Liberals in southern Arizona seek to form new state | Reuters

Old 11-03-2013, 08:29 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
I am here to tell you if this were to succeed, which I VERY seriously doubt, Denver/Boulder will be the winners and the new state will be the losers. The people and the money are in the urban areas. There is very little tax base in "North Colorado". There is UNC, a state (of Colorado, mind you, not NC) institution. If NC were to take it over, they'd probably have to reimburse CO. That's just for starts. Take a look at the link I posted about Greeley. Focus on "economy". The biggest employer is a meat packer; second is a hospital. Vestas, which is in trouble, is on the list of major employers, #3 with a grand total of 1600 employees.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:27 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
sorry DD but prepper is right, you have conveniently forgotten that you left wingers wanted to split arizona in two.
That's a joke, right?

Again, the overwhelming majority of these secessionist movements and the cheerleading for it on these boards is damn near ALWAYS coming from Conservatives.

I'm a native Arizonan, and a few kooks in Pima County have no chance of splitting up the state nor was it ever even news here. The idea is ludicrous.
Quote:
Actually 15k people have liked their page on FB and on Tuesday I believe its 11 counties will vote on the resolution.

Doesn't matter. Oh and for the 2010 and above how about the Pima County secession movement they want to call it Baja Arizona. Liberals in southern Arizona seek to form new state | Reuters
15 people have "liked" the page, huh? That does it...we're breaking up Arizona tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I am here to tell you if this were to succeed, which I VERY seriously doubt, Denver/Boulder will be the winners and the new state will be the losers. The people and the money are in the urban areas. There is very little tax base in "North Colorado". There is UNC, a state (of Colorado, mind you, not NC) institution. If NC were to take it over, they'd probably have to reimburse CO. That's just for starts. Take a look at the link I posted about Greeley. Focus on "economy". The biggest employer is a meat packer; second is a hospital. Vestas, which is in trouble, is on the list of major employers, #3 with a grand total of 1600 employees.
Those idiots up in Colorado aren't even smart enough to try and take Denver or Boulder with them. I guess they'll finance their new state by selling hay. LOL

Old 11-03-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's a joke, right?

Again, the overwhelming majority of these secessionist movements and the cheerleading for it on these boards is damn near ALWAYS coming from Conservatives.

I'm a native Arizonan, and a few kooks in Pima County have no chance of splitting up the state nor was it ever even news here. The idea is ludicrous.

15 people have "liked" the page, huh? That does it...we're breaking up Arizona tomorrow.

Those idiots up in Colorado aren't even smart enough to try and take Denver or Boulder with them. I guess they'll finance their new state by selling hay. LOL
No the North Colorado FB page has 15 THOUSAND likes..not 15. So what if it's conservatives? Do you hate the DOI? It says right there we have the right to abolish or change our government. If red states are such a drain why do you want to keep them around? Stop throwing a fit and belittling people for wanting better for their areas. Fact remains the politicians in Colorado were ignoring the rural people yet still stealing their taxes and passing laws that directly affected them. Time for them to start passing laws for EVERYONE not just the people in the cities. Oh and it was news in Arizona I saw quite a few news articles about it. You just hate the fact you democrats did the exact same thing in 2004 when Bush won re election and what was all that about moving to Canada as well? I am still waiting on that to happen.Oh and also gonna see who has last laugh since most of the counties in Colorado are considering it or pushing for a vote on it as well and if that happens especially the western counties which control the water supply..the cities are gonna have to play nice or do without.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:00 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
No the North Colorado FB page has 15 THOUSAND likes..not 15. So what if it's conservatives? Do you hate the DOI? It says right there we have the right to abolish or change our government. If red states are such a drain why do you want to keep them around? Stop throwing a fit and belittling people for wanting better for their areas. Fact remains the politicians in Colorado were ignoring the rural people yet still stealing their taxes and passing laws that directly affected them. Time for them to start passing laws for EVERYONE not just the people in the cities. Oh and it was news in Arizona I saw quite a few news articles about it. You just hate the fact you democrats did the exact same thing in 2004 when Bush won re election and what was all that about moving to Canada as well? I am still waiting on that to happen.Oh and also gonna see who has last laugh since most of the counties in Colorado are considering it or pushing for a vote on it as well and if that happens especially the western counties which control the water supply..the cities are gonna have to play nice or do without.
Fine...i'm not gonna waste my time arguing about it with you.

I would tell you "don't hold your breath" waiting for this new state of Northern Colorado to happen, but i'm going the other way.

Please...hold your breath. I'm begging you.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:02 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Smile another 51st state?

Quote:
Massive push for ‘North Colorado’ as 51st state

Wow...the way its looking Denver/Boulder are gonna be left all alone in the cold when this is over.
Please keep us updated on the progress of this separatist movement.

My prediction: It's going nowhere.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:05 AM

Well watch the news on Tuesday. MSM probably won't cover it but local stations probably would since you are in NM they might even cover it there...I will post an update on Tuesday night about its results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies