Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 05:56 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Chola? Is that what they call that look?

Take away the "c", "l" and "a" and what are you left with?
Why do you fear a woman's sexuality? Is it threatening to you? That women are sexual beings is upsetting to you?

Kinda like Rush calling a woman in college a **** for advocating for birth control...What constipated and archaic thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 06:19 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,170,941 times
This has nothing to do with Latinos on a whole. I remember in school when people in general did the "chola eyes," as it was called. It was a style.

Old 11-03-2013, 06:45 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
chola's are usually mestizo gang girls, in case you didn't know. this is as racist as white fraternities having gangsta parties dressing up and putting on black face. it's perpetrating a stereotype about a racial group.
Uh; Mestizo ain't a race, it's a white and Asian or Indian mix. Too Rihanna is part "white" like most Mexicans AND many Mexicans are also part "Black". I don't see the problem.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:02 AM

275 posts, read 178,480 times
Quote:
and unless you are completely ignorant of the history of blackface or American history at all, no, it's not the same.
Yes they are. Racist is racist. Plain and simple. This was not racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I swear some people would cry racist if they catch you smiling while eating fried chicken or watermelon
Yep! I absolutely love both Fried Chicken and Watermelon and I am white. Always have loved them.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:43 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
curious. then is portraying Asian as tech and math nerds racist also?
.....and socially awkward.....pretty much.

Guessing you don't remember some of Shaq's comments to Yao Ming?
Or when the black ESPN anchor made "slanty eyes" with his fingers?

That's the game changer, it's not 1970 anymore where racism is a black-white thing.

A number of minorities haven't quite gotten the message yet that yes, they too can be racist despite not looking like archie bunker.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:45 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
There is blackface comedy on Latin American television. But that cannot be racist because the performers are not purely Caucasian, and they are obviously not American.
Sounds like your politically correct o'meter is on overdrive.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:48 AM

Lol....people are so sensitive anymore that Spike Lee called Tyler Perry's movies "Coonery and Buffoonery".
Mr. Perry responded appropriately telling Spike where he could go.

I mean sheesh, a black actor\producer\director can't even make the same dumb movies that white directors make without having someone trying to revoke his black card.

I'm beginning to dislike Spike more and more as a bitter old man stuck in a bygone era.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Sounds like your politically correct o'meter is on overdrive.
You should see some of the black characters in Japanese TV and animation.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:16 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Lol....people are so sensitive anymore that Spike Lee called Tyler Perry's movies "Coonery and Buffoonery".
Mr. Perry responded appropriately telling Spike where he could go.

I mean sheesh, a black actor\producer\director can't even make the same dumb movies that white directors make without having someone trying to revoke his black card.

I'm beginning to dislike Spike more and more as a bitter old man stuck in a bygone era.
Mr Lee need to just shut up. IMHO he's the same kind as Jackson and Sharpton, nothing more than race pimps.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:42 AM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You're all over the place. Get the mods to close this nonsense.
lately, I've had a bit of a stalker on my threads. do you have any idea who it might be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies