Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 09:21 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,571,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It's like a conservative circle jerk in here.

Let me state for the record, Ed, that you and only you introduced race into this conversation. Why?
Martin Luther King sure would NOT have been proud. He had a dream and this wasn't it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 09:22 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,502,808 times
Why not, you do. I don't like him because he's half white. How about that?

You LWingers are funny. What's a circle jerk? Something you do or?

Old 11-03-2013, 09:28 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,139,168 times
Quote:

Let me state for the record, Ed, that you and only you introduced race into this conversation. Why?
Well Ringo perhaps you can explain to the world. Why is it acceptable for ANY POTUS to constantly misrepresent the facts, at times lie, make lame excuses like I was never informed etc.
How is it acceptable for the President to do these things but when a President from the other party does it then it is wrong?
Why doesn't the left make excuses for that POTUS?
I ask the same of the hard right. Why not hold both equally accountable?

Old 11-03-2013, 09:28 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,840,045 times
He's as much white as he is black , but his middle name is a dead give a way

Old 11-03-2013, 09:34 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,072,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
He's as much white as he is black , but his middle name is a dead give a way
What exactly does his middle name give away?

Old 11-03-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
I don't get it. Obama has blatantly lied to the American people with this insurance thing. On top of that he has broken a number of election year promises about transparency. He has played ignorant to tons of abuses of power in his administration. He hasn't closed Guantanamo. He hasn't delivered on the robust recovery that campaigned on. He is still using drones to blow up people in Pakistan and other third world hellholes.
Some valid points here. I think we're pretty used to broken campaign promises from both parties. Are you expecting me to only blame Obama for things that happen blatantly, on a daily basis, on both sides of the political spectrum? Most of his proposals that would like have led to a "robust recovery" were blocked by the Republicans? You want me to fault Obama for that.

He certainly has failed to deliver on a number of areas. I wanted a complete end to the wars in Iraq and Afganistan (which is coming). I wanted single payer health care. I certainly hoped to see Guantanamo close.... But I also understand reality in that, he had an indolent opposition party that was going to block and filibuster everything he did. I also understand, however, that the opposition wouldn't have done any of these things that I desired....

Quote:
So I ask you...why defend this man when he has so clearly governed in a manner inconsistent with his campaign promises?
Because the opposition promises and attempts to deliver policy that is completely against my moral, ethical and intellectual values. At least Obama and the Democrats attempt to move us in the right direction.

Your question is basically, if he's not 100% perfect and doesn't deliver on everything he promises, why support him at all. I could easily ask you why do you support the Republicans if abortion is still legal and and the national debt is growing?

Old 11-03-2013, 09:41 AM

2,489 posts, read 3,383,104 times
For my mom--and most likely other Obama defenders--it might be 'white guilt.' From their viewpoint, they cannot possibly be racist if they are recognized by others as agreeing with Obama's agenda. They get extremely angry with anyone who dares to question Obama's motives and strategies.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:42 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,908,061 times
Quote:

Oh you did it now, you interrupted their nirvana. You harshed their Zen. Expect the wrath of Koalemos.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:43 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,571,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
What exactly does his middle name give away?
Hussein is an Arabic name which is the diminutive of Hassan, meaning "good", "handsome" or "beautiful".

Yea, he chose the name... he is conceded too.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Hussein is an Arabic name which is the diminutive of Hassan, meaning "good", "handsome" or "beautiful".

Yea, he chose the name... he is conceded too.
And what does that "give away" as the previous poster stated?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies