Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 08:45 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
For my mom--and most likely other Obama defenders--it might be 'white guilt.' From their viewpoint, they cannot possibly be racist if they are recognized by others as agreeing with Obama's agenda. They get extremely angry with anyone who dares to question Obama's motives and strategies.
I don't get that white guilt thing. I am white and I don't feel an ounce of guilt. I treat blacks just like I would treat anyone else. Does that make me racist? What's the issue. Am I supposed to treat blacks special or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 09:11 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,001,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Some valid points here. I think we're pretty used to broken campaign promises from both parties. Are you expecting me to only blame Obama for things that happen blatantly, on a daily basis, on both sides of the political spectrum? Most of his proposals that would like have led to a "robust recovery" were blocked by the Republicans? You want me to fault Obama for that.

He certainly has failed to deliver on a number of areas. I wanted a complete end to the wars in Iraq and Afganistan (which is coming). I wanted single payer health care. I certainly hoped to see Guantanamo close.... But I also understand reality in that, he had an indolent opposition party that was going to block and filibuster everything he did. I also understand, however, that the opposition wouldn't have done any of these things that I desired....

Because the opposition promises and attempts to deliver policy that is completely against my moral, ethical and intellectual values. At least Obama and the Democrats attempt to move us in the right direction.

Your question is basically, if he's not 100% perfect and doesn't deliver on everything he promises, why support him at all. I could easily ask you why do you support the Republicans if abortion is still legal and and the national debt is growing?

The first two years of Obama both the house and Senate were held by the Democrats, and what did Obama give us, Obamacare, a program that will bankrupt this economy, programs that stimulate the economy Where? The investment in green energy, yes, like Solyndra and Abound Solar, companies that took millions of dollars of taxpayers money just to go bankrupt. Why do you think that the American people voted in an opposition party in 2010 into the House, because we can not afford an unchecked government that thinks money grows on trees and has the right to spend your tax dollars as if it is the POTUS personal check book.

I don't care for either party, I wish we had a viable 3rd party system. Hell, I just wished we had people running for PTOUS that really gives a damn about the country instead of themselves.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:20 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Hussein is an Arabic name which is the diminutive of Hassan, meaning "good", "handsome" or "beautiful".

Yea, he chose the name... he is conceded too.
He chose his own name?

At least he can probably spell "conceited."

Old 11-03-2013, 09:23 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,135,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
The first two years of Obama both the house and Senate were held by the Democrats,

See "Fillibuster, Use of"

Maybe this will help:
The Heathen Republican: On Unprecedented Republican Filibusters of Obama (Blog from a Republican)

If that doesn't help educate you, try community college.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:26 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Cause he black and you a racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
In before liberals invoke:

Liberal/Obama Supporter Auto Response Protocolâ„¢

1. The source isn't valid
2. That's racist
3. GOP obstruction
4. But...but...but George W. Bush
5. Haters gonna hate
6. Sour grapes- your guy lost
7. Repeat 1,2,3,4,5 and/or 6 as needed then insult the opposition for failing to support this great man, declare victory, and move on

I'd say number 4 will be the popular choice in this case......
Quote:
Martin Luther King sure would NOT have been proud. He had a dream and this wasn't it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Why not, you do. I don't like him because he's half white. How about that?

You LWingers are funny. What's a circle jerk? Something you do or?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
He's as much white as he is black , but his middle name is a dead give a way
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
For my mom--and most likely other Obama defenders--it might be 'white guilt.' From their viewpoint, they cannot possibly be racist if they are recognized by others as agreeing with Obama's agenda. They get extremely angry with anyone who dares to question Obama's motives and strategies.
Quote:
Hussein is an Arabic name which is the diminutive of Hassan, meaning "good", "handsome" or "beautiful".

Yea, he chose the name... he is conceded too.

Quote:
I don't get that white guilt thing. I am white and I don't feel an ounce of guilt. I treat blacks just like I would treat anyone else. Does that make me racist? What's the issue. Am I supposed to treat blacks special or something?
This entire thread is populated with comments about race. I get so tired of hearing that Democrats make it all about race when any FOOL can see ~ conservatives are obsessed with it.

How does anyone defend their elected official who doesn't live up to all their campaign promises?

First off - I never, ever expect that to happen. Tell me one President who has kept their promise on each and every thing they promised on the campaign trail. "Mark my words, no new taxes'!

Old 11-03-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
He chose his own name?

At least he can probably spell "conceited."

Yea, he chose the name... he is conceited too.

Better?

Old 11-03-2013, 09:29 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
I don't get it. Obama has blatantly lied to the American people with this insurance thing. On top of that he has broken a number of election year promises about transparency. He has played ignorant to tons of abuses of power in his administration. He hasn't closed Guantanamo. He hasn't delivered on the robust recovery that campaigned on. He is still using drones to blow up people in Pakistan and other third world hellholes.

I get it that he is, in theory, ideologically in line with you but practically the man is just another Washington plutocrat playing the game to save himself.

I have never defended the presidency of George W Bush because I believe that he is the antithesis of what a GOP member should be. Further Bush campaigned on nonintervention and broke that promise and a host of other things. I do not, nor will not defend his presidency and I'm a lifelong republican.

So I ask you...why defend this man when he has so clearly governed in a manner inconsistent with his campaign promises?
The same way you guys defended Bush (and you DID defend Bush despite your nonsensical insistence that you didn't) after no WMD was found and the war in Iraq went to the dogs.

That was too easy.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

This entire thread is populated with comments about race. I get so tired of hearing that Democrats make it all about race when any FOOL can see ~ conservatives are obsessed with it.

How does anyone defend their elected official who doesn't live up to all their campaign promises?

First off - I never, ever expect that to happen. Tell me one President who has kept their promise on each and every thing they promised on the campaign trail. "Mark my words, no new taxes'!
I you don't agree with Obama? That's racist! It was the democratic go to defense if anyone disagreed with Obama.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:30 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
BTW..how did Bush win 2 elections despite not getting any GOP support in 8 years (according to you folks). I can't seem to find anyone that ever supported Bush. All of you were against him because he wasn't a real conservative.

How convenient....now.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:32 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Obama has blatantly lied to the American people with this insurance thing.
Yes, he did lie. And it's annoying to see liberal mouthpieces try to pretend he didn't. I was watching Real Time this weekend and Maher was talking about how Obama lied and Wasserman Schultz absolutely refused to acknowledge the lie. It was nauseating. His administration hasn't been as transparent as promised.
Quote:
He hasn't closed Guantanamo.
Republicans in congress won't let it happen. Obama is president, not dictator.
Quote:
He hasn't delivered on the robust recovery that campaigned on.
Republicans in congress actively work to damage the economy and stifle recovery, then go on TV to brag about how successful they've been. Obama is president, not dictator.
Quote:
He is still using drones to blow up people in Pakistan and other third world hellholes.
I don't recall him saying he wouldn't. In fact, he promised to step up the War on Terror. I don't approve of it and think it's ultimately damaging to the country, but I'm not seeing the lie or broken promise here.

Looking back, he should have made more of the brief few months during his first year in office when he had the 60 votes in the senate necessary to push things through regardless of right wing obstructionism. Remember, it wasn't 2 years. It was a few months. Republicans in MN denied the citizens of that state their elected senator for six months. Then Ted Kennedy died, dropping them below. Then his replacement got appointed, putting them back at 60. Then Scott Brown got elected, dropping them back under.

Last edited by i7pXFLbhE3gq; 11-03-2013 at 09:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies