Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 09:04 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Lie, Obama SIGNED those deficits into law, and you know it.
To the dems, this is a inconvenient fact that must be distorted and spun to pin the blame elsewhere at all costs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 09:07 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Fine, Obama has reduced the 2009 deficit to half now. That is something neither of you two can deny.

I also like to ask both of you two, what happened in 2009 to cause the deficit to jump like it did? I don't recall each president living in a bubble from each administration. You two can continue to ignore the facts if you like, but our deficit is half of what it was in 2009 and continuing to drop.
How nice of you to forget that this alleged budget drop is the result of the Republicans forcing cuts so that Dear Leader could raise the debt limit. Obama was forced into it, he did not lead the charge. Except in taking credit for another thing that he did not accomplish.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:11 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Fine, Obama has reduced the 2009 deficit to half now. That is something neither of you two can deny.

I also like to ask both of you two, what happened in 2009 to cause the deficit to jump like it did? I don't recall each president living in a bubble from each administration. You two can continue to ignore the facts if you like, but our deficit is half of what it was in 2009 and continuing to drop.
You cant in one sentence proclaim that Obama saved us from the great depression by running trillion dollar deficits, and then in the next, say that Obama isnt responsible for running trillion dollar deficits.

While you can, and you try, but we're still laughing at you for doing it.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:12 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You need to take 5 minutes and actually read the stimulus act, because if you did you would know he did not add .8 trillion dollars to the deficit in 2009. Actually, you dont even need to do that, simple math tells you that you are wrong based on requested Revenue and actual revenue.
Spending in 2009 was far more than the stimulus act.. things like the porkulus bill among others..

Old 11-04-2013, 09:19 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Obama’s Broken Deficit Promise - ABC News

Decrease the deficit? Well, we blame it on the economy... uhhh... when do you blame yourself?

How do you like the change? I know, I know... What change?
Obama's grand and glorious domestic policies have been in place for five years, and he has $7 trillion in deficit spending. This tragic economy is all he has to show for it, so who or what is he blaming? Seems he is blaming the resulting economy, from his failed policies.

The economy is not any better from the day he took office, because things were bad when he took office? In other words, five years after he promised to clean his bedroom, his answer to his mom for why it's still messy is "It was like this when I got here."

We would not accept this lame excuse from a child, why are we supposed to accept it from our president?

Old 11-04-2013, 09:27 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Obama's grand and glorious domestic policies have been in place for five years, and he has $7 trillion in deficit spending. This tragic economy is all he has to show for it, so who or what is he blaming? Seems he is blaming the resulting economy, from his failed policies.

The economy is not any better from the day he took office, because things were bad when he took office? In other words, five years after he promised to clean his bedroom, his answer to his mom for why it's still messy is "It was like this when I got here."

We would not accept this lame excuse from a child, why are we supposed to accept it from our president?
Whether you want to blame or credit Obama for the state of the economy is certainly debatable, but the idea that the economy is no better than when Obama took office is laughable.

January job loss: Worst in 34 years - Feb. 6, 2009

Employers slashed another 598,000 jobs off of U.S. payrolls in January, taking the unemployment rate up to 7.6%, according to the latest government reading on the nation's battered labor market.The latest job loss is the worst since December 1974, and brings job losses to 1.8 million in just the last three months, or half of the 3.6 million jobs that have been lost since the beginning of 2008.
The loss since November is the biggest 3-month drop since immediately after the end of World War II, when the defense industry was shutting down for conversion to civilian production.
January's job loss was also worse than the forecast of a loss of 540,000 jobs from economists surveyed by Briefing.com

Old 11-04-2013, 09:31 AM

511 posts, read 799,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Good point. If only the Dems had half the tenacity opposing GWB as the GOP has demonstrated against Obama, we'd have 6000 fewer dead troops.
They certainly opposed him when he tried to reform social security and reign in Freddie and Fannie. But the Democrats got their way and crashed the economy.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:53 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlaker View Post
Tax Cuts for the Rich. Suck all productivity gains into corporate profits rather than into pay increases. THAT'S some redistribution of wealth for you -- all of it upward along the income scale and straight into the pockets of already very wealthy people.
Uhhhh, no. Tax cuts means people get to keep more of their money.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:20 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,553 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Politifact agrees with me and the OP, poster.

By the end of his first term, he did not have a budget in place of half the deficit he inherited. The current budget, which ends September 30, 2014 is in his 2nd term, period -- which is why Politifact agrees with me and the OP.

At this point, you are either lying to cover up for Obama (likely), or you don't understand a simply concept how the current budget set to end Sept 30th 2014, is in his 2nd term and not the 1st term.
Your politifact argument is both outdated and only counting a 3 year budget era. Why only count 3 years ? that makes no sense from either argument you are trying to make.

And the bold you highlighted has nothing to do with our argument. The budget that has a 680 billion dollar deficit was for LAST YEAR... Fiscal year 2013 which is from October 1, 2012 to September 30, 2013. Which mean it is from his first term. You again fail simply because you failed to even try to read the information that was put forth.

That is called willful ignorance. The info was right in front of you and you chose not to read it because you either knew it was going to prove you wrong or because you are so partisan that you believed anything put forth by a "Liberal" wasnt going to be true anyways.

Quote:
Do you think Obama would have beat Hillary or McCain if he would have painted an accurate picture of reality?

"I am going to inherit about 9.9 Trillion in debt, and I'll have it up to 17.13 Trillion by 11/4/2013. I promise more earmarks than under Bush. I promise record money creation to the tune of $2,000,000 every minute of every hour of every day.....this will help me get my first annual budget deficit under 1 Trillion at the start of my second term...we will have to taper at some point, as I have printed and digitized more new money than any other president by far, but every time we will mention it Wall Street will dip, so we will keep it up...and I will be proud to hand out more no bid government contracts than under Bush."
Actually, he inherited 12.9 trillion, not 9.9 as you continue to lie about. Again, end of his first term, not start of his second term, I bet you also claim Bush had a surplus his first year in office as well.

It is kind of sad that people like you cant even google the start date of the fiscal year for our government, even after all the news we just had about it at the start of October.

And the 2012 Budget, which started in October of 2011( it seems i have to point that out seeing as you dont seem to be able to comprehend budgets and their start dates) had a deficit of 901 billion). That means this was his second, not first under a trillion.

How many times are you going to fail in one thread ?

Last edited by dsjj251; 11-04-2013 at 05:32 PM..

Old 11-04-2013, 05:23 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Most Dems can't even make change for a dollar.

They are incapable of understanding the very idea of a budget or a deficit.

That includes Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies