Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 02:46 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,656,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
No, the bogeyman isn't melting. You're leaving something out: choice

You choose to have an insurance policy that covers maternity care.

Obamacare requires you to have an insurance policy that covers maternity care.

See the difference?
I guess you're right to a degree. But your employer pays a good portion of your premium and your employer plan is the one that has maternity care bundled with your policy even when you're a guy. It was so before the ACA and it is so after the ACA.
I guess you could decline your employer provided and financially subsidized policy because it has a maternity clause and opt out to buy insurance as an individual on the open market and pay for the whole thing yourself but that would be rather foolish on a financial level now wouldn't it?
Maybe principle will rule and one could say, "I choose to financially screw myself in standing by my principle and maintaining my choice".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 07:33 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,564,313 times
With a current approval rating of 37% according to Gallup, his 'reputation' is beyond repair, and since he's not about to help the hordes of Democratic Senators who paid him a visit last week seeking relief from ObamaCare, he's successfully managed to get lots of Democrats mad at him and running away from him, although many of them are as radioactive politically as he is.

16 Democratic Senators are facing re-election next year; don't be surprised if several of them lose, and especially since the Virginia election gave them a severe wakeup call regarding how REALLY unpopular ObamaCare is.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:54 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,427,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
mmmjv, let's put this into different context. This is like someone buying hot dogs and you're blaming the store becsue that is what the person buying the hot dogs can afford. Certainly why this person can only afford hot dogs is something that needs to be addressed but you don't fix that by making them buy steak. That's not a solution to the problem becsue steak was always an option.
That is nowhere near the same thing. The fact is this woman was being scammed. She would have been better off just putting $150 aside somewhere for a medical emergency, because that's all she would have gotten from her insurance

Old 11-11-2013, 09:56 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,427,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well thank you Democratic Underground. Guess they never though the players' names could be changed. HAHAHAHA

You really think they don't know that cons will steal stuff and then try and take the credit HAHAHAHAHA

Old 11-15-2013, 08:22 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
That's a bunch of b.s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Can you counter it with facts, as opposed to stomping your little feet and throwing a tantrum?
As an ObamaBot, he can't.
He'll just resort to calling anyone who disagrees as "America haters" and "Taliban."

Old 11-15-2013, 09:04 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Meanwhile, Obama is groveling to the insurance companies begging them to un-cancel all the policies they just cancelled ("but only until after the 2014 election, then you'll have to cancel 'em again").

I have never in my lifetime witnessed such staggering incompetence in the White House. This guy makes W look like a master statesman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies