Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 11:58 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Gay Sex Pundit Paid $24K To Talk Fisting, Gorilla-Suit Fetishes With Students

University

Im not going to quote anything, you can read it yourself if you wish. But I dont want to hear another person whine about college tuition costs. Or a college whine about funding.

This is part of the college educational experience? Really? Thank God I didnt waste a second of my life or money at a University. Any school my kids go to will be heavily vetted by me, and if this is the sort of garbage the school pays for, my kid wont be attending. Hopefully my kid wont be attending any college. Its not for everyone and a large waste of money anyways.
my university paid for dave chapelle to come, when i was a student.

it's not always about education, sometimes it is about entertainment.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:07 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Clearly. Because the only people who should be allowed to live in Oregon are left-wing, environmental nut-jobs.
Hardly, the state is full of amazing people both left and right wing, you clearly are not one of them. Eventually you will get tired of turning your nose up at everything in Oregon and leave.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:15 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
It ranked 109, and a number of Oregon colleges ranked in the top 100 in Liberal Arts Colleges, so what's your point? Oh and when are you moving out of Oregon? Clearly you do not belong there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
my university paid for dave chapelle to come, when i was a student.

it's not always about education, sometimes it is about entertainment.
I went to one of those Liberal Arts Colleges in Oregon. While there, my college paid for Margaret Cho to come to campus (in fact, I was the one who arranged it, secured financing, etc).

Old 11-05-2013, 12:19 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,702 times
Quote:
Hardly, the state is full of amazing people both left and right wing, you clearly are not one of them.
I am pretty amazing, I just don't get along with people from New Jersey. That's probably why there's such a rift between us.

Quote:
Eventually you will get tired of turning your nose up at everything in Oregon and leave.
Maybe, but I'll never get tired of getting under your skin.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
I am pretty amazing, I just don't get along with people from New Jersey. That's probably why there's such a rift between us.

Maybe, but I'll never get tired of getting under your skin.
Sorry, but I am not from New Jersey. I am an Oregonian. Much like I really hate that craphole of a state Virginia as much as I dislike you.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but I am not from New Jersey. I am an Oregonian. Much like I really hate that craphole of a state Virginia as much as I dislike you.
I am too.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
I am too.
No you're not. You are just a Virginian from that craphole you call Virginia.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
No you're not. You are just a Virginian from that craphole you call Virginia.
Anyway, I suppose it's best to get on topic and talk about the educational experience surrounding public intellectual Dan Savage's speech at the University of Oregon.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Anyway, I suppose it's best to get on topic and talk about the educational experience surrounding public intellectual Dan Savage's speech at the University of Oregon.
Well seeing the OP is based on BS, there isn't really much of a topic. Colleges pay for random speakers for random reasons. Dan Savage is great with talking about sex to college students and it is a topic college students care about.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Well seeing the OP is based on BS, there isn't really much of a topic. Colleges pay for random speakers for random reasons. Dan Savage is great with talking about sex to college students and it is a topic college students care about.
It's time to call a spade a spade and admit that this is purely for entertainment purposes. Dan Savage has a B.A in Theatre which hardly makes him any sort of expert. I know he is some sort of mini-celebrity so I guess that's what the students want, but to call this educational is a bit of a stretch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies