Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2013, 09:22 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times

Advertisements

What else did Obama promise that he is lying about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 09:36 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
They are fully aware right now that had the Employer Mandate taken effect when it was slated to be the cancellations would be much greater today instead of delayed until later.
I think a load of D's in Congress believed the lie as much as the public. They didn't know the bill's specifics and are too busy fund-raising to read what the CBO and others were writing. If by 'they,' you mean Obama, Sebelius, Treasury, etc., sure they knew.

I'm hoping against hope that enough D's privately feel hoodwinked, grasp how many workers will be screwed next year, and turn Obama's lie into a belated truth.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:43 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
You guys are right. Obama should have dumbed down his statement for idiots like the ones here on CD.
Most of us understood not only his statements, but also how ridiculous they were. He was even asked about it because the whole dam thing made no sense, and he double downed on his reply.

I guess the question is, why did idiots believe him, even the point they STILL blame others on the right

Old 11-06-2013, 09:44 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I actually seen an obama administration rep yesterday being interviewed about the ACA fallout, and their response was, Ask Bin Laden about our healthcare system..

I was completely amazed that he wasnt even embarassed to say something that dumb.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:47 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Everybody in government has either an excuse or another name to blame it on.

Max Baucus authored the bill. Pelosi and Reid pushed it through Congress. Obama signed it.

100% Dem. Is this what the future holds as the Dems want total control ? They had it for 2 years and this is the result of that.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:08 AM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,817 times
Quote:
Actually what is different about this is that this lie will hit his supporters in their wallets. Obama supporters were all for helping the poor until it hit their wallet.
Obama's team held large focus groups of the twenty-somethings, and they didn't have a single positive result. Students will scream and shout about how Obamacare is a great and wonderful thing, until they have to spend $200-300 a month to be in it. Nearly every student polled said they'd pay the $95yr fine rather than enroll.

This is wise and hypocritical at the same time.

Healthy young, key to Obamacare, aren

I reiterate; the younger crowd, who are most responsible for bringing this megalomaniac into power, are the very people being exploited the most. We now understand that this is nothing more than a wealth grab designed to line the pockets of the insurance companies, and now Obama is blaming them.

He is a political coward!

Old 11-06-2013, 10:19 AM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,817 times
Originally Posted by petch751

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I actually seen an obama administration rep yesterday being interviewed about the ACA fallout, and their response was, Ask Bin Laden about our healthcare system..

I was completely amazed that he wasnt even embarassed to say something that dumb.
I can't believe all the rephrasing of terms.

Instead of saying "failure" they say "less successful" and one person from the DNC likened the people who are losing their insurance to bicycles and cars. He said their plans need to be a car' "a bicycle isn't a car!" In other words he was saying that all these people don't really have insurance. A complete disconnect from reality.

I'm surprised they haven't started blaming Bush for the ACA failure. As for Bin Laden; if this continues plenty of people will die and they may actually be able to ask Bin Laden what he thinks.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:20 PM

26,494 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
"I want to speak plainly, clearly, honestly, about what it means for you and for the people you care about.
Now, let’s start with the fact that even before the Affordable Care Act fully takes effect, about 85 percent of Americans already have health insurance -– either through their job, or through Medicare, or through the individual market. So if you’re one of these folks, it’s reasonable that you might worry whether health care reform is going to create changes that are a problem for you -- especially when you’re bombarded with all sorts of fear-mongering.

So the first thing you need to know is this: If you already have health care, you don’t have to do anything. In fact, for the past few years, since I signed the Affordable Care Act, a lot of you have been enjoying new benefits and protections that you didn’t before even if you didn’t know they were coming from Obamacare. " (Applause.)

-- Barack Obama

You've been Obamanated!
It is shocking how sleazy he is. So disingenuous.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:21 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,543,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I think a load of D's in Congress believed the lie as much as the public. They didn't know the bill's specifics and are too busy fund-raising to read what the CBO and others were writing. If by 'they,' you mean Obama, Sebelius, Treasury, etc., sure they knew.

I'm hoping against hope that enough D's privately feel hoodwinked, grasp how many workers will be screwed next year, and turn Obama's lie into a belated truth.
I suspect they are too stupid to figure it out.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:40 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,659 times
"It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one" George Washington
"There are three types of lies~lies,damn lies and statistics " Benjamin Disraeli
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies