Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 05:38 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
Nor did we see that students would be forced to buy an ACA plan, or be refused entry to college.
That has the potential to really blow up in Obama's and the Dems' faces.

For example, Mom and/or dad reside in the Chicago, Illinois area. Whichever of them gets health insurance through the exchange, it covers the whole family. That policy extends to children until they turn 26. Their child graduates High School, and heads off to college, say also in Illinois, but downstate at SIU.

According to Obamacare policies' very narrow networks, they'll have no in network coverage in their college area.

What if the child goes to college out of state? Same problem: no in network coverage.

Quote:
I can't put into words how nefarious this whole thing has become.
That will become more and more apparent as even more people are hit with Obamacare's harmful fallout.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 05:47 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That has the potential to really blow up in Obama's and the Dems' faces.

For example, Mom and/or dad reside in the Chicago, Illinois area. Whichever of them gets health insurance through the exchange, it covers the whole family. That policy extends to children until they turn 26. Their child graduates High School, and heads off to college, say also in Illinois, but downstate at SIU.

According to Obamacare policies' very narrow networks, they'll have no in network coverage in their college area.

What if the child goes to college out of state? Same problem: no in network coverage.

That will become more and more apparent as even more people are hit with Obamacare's harmful fallout.
Oh my...that is a problem
Kid will have to get his/her own policy or parents will have to hope they can get (and pay for) one that is Pay for Service.

Last edited by old_cold; 11-07-2013 at 06:00 AM..

Old 11-07-2013, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Kid will have to get his/her own policy...
That's exactly the point. Obamacare is all about getting the young and healthy to subsidize the healthcare of the old and/or ill.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:22 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Quote:
That's exactly the point. Obamacare is all about getting the young and healthy to subsidize the healthcare of the old and/or ill.
And yet they mandate a great portion of that market be on a parents plan until age 26.

Remarkable logic these people have.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:35 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,983,832 times
As a small business owner, I was looking forward to being able to provide insurance to our employees at a much lower cost than the absurd amount we have to pay now.

But this plan and its rollout has been one of the most ill-conceived and executed programs I've ever witnessed.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
As a small business owner, I was looking forward to being able to provide insurance to our employees at a much lower cost than the absurd amount we have to pay now.
Why in the world did you ever believe employer-provided health insurance would cost less with Obamacare?!?

Oh, yeah... this:

Obama's Health Insurance Lie: 3,000% Reduction In Premiums - YouTube

Did your premiums not fall by 3,000%? But... but... but Obama promised.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:00 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:

But this plan and its rollout has been one of the most ill-conceived and executed programs I've ever witnessed.
Logic would tell you that with Obamacare removing caps/limits and mandating "free" preventative care meant higher premiums.

Someone has to pay for all this free stuff and unlimited healthcare that Obamacare mandates now.
Simple logic would have told you that premiums would go UP, not down to cover this.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:02 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,709 times
Quote:

I got quotes as a small business for me and my family and my single employee, to see if it would be cheaper than individual policies from the same insurer. The insurer, best one in the state, has recommended an ACA-compliant replacement individual plan with higher deductibles and much higher (50%!) coinsurance and higher out-of-pocket maximums. So I wanted to see if the small business angle would cut costs.

Nope. Insuring the same people for the same benefits with the same insurer carries a surcharge as a "small business" plan. Not seeing the lower costs promoted as part of the small business marketplace.

The ACA certainly has its good points. But it was massively oversold; Obama overpromised and under-delivered. Now we need to reform the health reform.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:15 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,983,832 times
Quote:
Why in the world did you ever believe employer-provided health insurance would cost less with Obamacare?!?

Oh, yeah... this:

Obama's Health Insurance Lie: 3,000% Reduction In Premiums - YouTube

Did your premiums not fall by 3,000%? But... but... but Obama promised.
Because it can be done is why. This plan doesn't do it.

Play politics all you want and keep up with the adolescent "nyah, nyah, nyah" crap. The health insurance system is broken and desperately needs to be fixed. Any attempt at doing something different from any source will get interest from small business owners.

Unfortunately this plan is a bust.

I don't care what party comes up with something that works. I care that my business is profitable and that my employees are taken care of without me breaking the bank and losing any competitive advantage in doing so.

Just f'n fix it already.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Because it can be done is why. This plan doesn't do it.

Play politics all you want and keep up with the adolescent "nyah, nyah, nyah" crap. The health insurance system is broken and desperately needs to be fixed. Any attempt at doing something different from any source will get interest from small business owners.

Unfortunately this plan is a bust.

I don't care what party comes up with something that works. I care that my business is profitable and that my employees are taken care of without me breaking the bank and losing any competitive advantage in doing so.
"This plan doesn't do it."...
"Unfortunately this plan is a bust."

Exactly my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies