Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 05:59 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop101 View Post
Yet there are those that insist that we are all born straight and some people just wake up one day and make a choice to be gay.
Are you talking to me? The idea that gays choose to be gay is preposterous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 06:19 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Diamond View Post
You pushed it with your OP.

What was the reasoning behind this thread, other than to link the story, and then bash anyone who didn't agree with you?

I'm against gay marriage. It disgusts me to even see it. Just like cigarette smokes disgusts me to even smell it. The same as religion disgusts me and I wouldn't be caught dead near any church, homosexuals disgust me.

All the forcing your gay lifestyle on me isn't going to change anything. The mere thought will always be disgusting to me.
No one FORCED you to open this thread. YOU chose to.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
gay marriage is about as natural and logical as a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.
Marriage is not natural, it is a man made legal construct.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:24 AM

1,349 posts, read 663,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
it actually never failed, because it's 100% accurate. care to tell me where it failed? are you gonna bring the "love" argument into it? good luck. because this is simply a matter of money. prove me wrong.
Even if it were (only about money or benefits, which it isn't), how would heterosexual marriage be different? Don't heterosexuals also marry for benefits? And if they sometimes do, why shouldn't homosexuals have the same right? And if heterosexuals marry for love (as sex doesn't need a ring on your finger in case you didn't know), why would it be different for homosexuals?

People marry for many reasons, love, commitment, security, benefits, cultural tradition, etc, most often many reasons rolled together.

But I would like for you to explain to me WHY such a kaleidoscop of reasons would be okay for committed heteresexuals but not for committed homosexuals? The only reason I can see of is if you're against equality.

Prove me wrong. Good luck.

Last edited by personne; 11-08-2013 at 06:34 AM..

Old 11-08-2013, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
More proof government run schools are nothing more the indoctrination centers.. Show me one kid between the ages of 5 to 13 that really cares about this then Call Of Duty Ghost..
MY kids really care about this, and are not allowed to play COD (too violent for the youngest).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies