Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 11:45 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
Yes, but you'll probably be more than happy to support the admittance of boat loads of Syrians and Somalis, right?
You obviously know nothing about Australian politics because one of their biggest recent political issues was that absolutely no boat people will be admitted under any circumstances. They've also virtually eliminated legal immigration unless you have a master's or PhD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 11:59 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
You obviously know nothing about Australian politics because one of their biggest recent political issues was that absolutely no boat people will be admitted under any circumstances. They've also virtually eliminated legal immigration unless you have a master's or PhD.

People arriving by boat will not make it to Australia, this was a policy under the previous government, this was implemented after a number of deaths at sea - as a deterrent to scum of the earth people smugglers.

Visas are issued, presuming you fit a certain criteria. Being white is not one.
We take a number of genuine refugees yearly.
{I believe we have the capacity to increase this number, but that is not the argument}

Apply does not equal guaranteed approval. Sorry.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:09 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,587,465 times
Quote:
No. that is untrue. I have a bunch of friends originally from Germany who immigrated to Australia recently with only bachelor degrees in IT and engineering.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:32 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Australia refuses to allow white South African refugees
Do I care what Australia does?

Does it impact me and my daily life?

Its their country, they can do what they want.

Old 11-08-2013, 03:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Do I care what Australia does?

Does it impact me and my daily life?

Its their country, they can do what they want.
Absolutely.

Do we want people telling us whom we should allow to move to THIS country?

Old 11-08-2013, 09:05 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
My namesake? Really? Whatever you say.

Bottom line is that they ain't getting into Australia, and that's all that matters. They should have to clean up the mess they made in South Africa.
..And how do they do that? the rule party has flooded South Africa with millions of Africans...and have given them voting rights, funny sounds like the Dems here.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:07 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times
Quote:
Hey its a system that works...what is wrong with it? you are just mad that they are not bowing to racist race baiters.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:50 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
..And how do they do that? the rule party has flooded South Africa with millions of Africans...and have given them voting rights, funny sounds like the Dems here.
The ratio of blacks to whites has always been at least 5 to 1. Nothing new.

Which is why they were 40 years too late in dumping Apartheid. They should've looked at what happened in Rhodesia and taken preemptive action.

Old 11-09-2013, 12:48 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,125 times
If they can make their way to Mexico.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:08 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
We should be opening our doors to them. They are being persecuted and brutalized far more than most refugees that come into this country. Besides, this group might actually be willing to work and contribute something, other than crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies