Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Obama Deliberately Lie?
Yes, he lied. 232 86.25%
No, he did not lie. 28 10.41%
I'm not sure/don't know/don't care/Bush made him lie/other 9 3.35%
Voters: 269. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 03:10 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,004 times

Advertisements

Parade the lying bastard (yes - calling Obama a bastard is accurate) through the streets of America...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 03:17 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,377,819 times
I took that statement as saying one could stay with their insurance company if they choose to. He never said the insurance company has to keep you.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:23 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPHokie View Post
Pretty sure they don't.

Otherwise Obama would never have been elected back in 2008, and certainly not in 2012.
They just dont care when their guy lies to push a program they want.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:33 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,417,806 times
I am not a 'bot but I don't think he lied. LIE, to me, is a deliberate attempt to mislead through dishonesty. What happened here is different than that and I don't think deceit is at work. Political "lying" is a whole different animal.

No matter who is making political promises, there are just too many moving parts for any one person to be completely accountable for every statement made. I take EVERY SINGLE ONE with a boulder of salt. In fact, I interpret each one to be something along the lines of "If I had my way and no one could stop me, and assuming nothing changes between this moment in time and the time when what I am talking about comes to pass, this is how I'd make it happen...."

So in that context I really hesitate to call what happened here a lie. Covering up something after the fact in order to cover one's inappropriate action is lying. Making a political promise one is later unable to keep? Not lying. Wishful thinking. Naivete. Not lying.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:56 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
This is not a lie get over it the first time Obama said this was over a yr ago he did not predict that insurance companies would just drop people. Most of the people that are getting dropped off there health insurance have junk insurance plans
I see you've received your marching orders, calling them "junk".

You do understand that the reason those evil insurance companies are dropping people is because of ObamaCare, don't you? And calling them "junk" doesn't change the fact that ObamaCare is causing people to lose insurance. They were perfectly fine as policies until this administration decided that it needed to be a "one-size-fits-all" approach.

Yes, it is a lie.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I find it reasonable to think a lot of people were unaware of the fact that non compliant plans would go away, particularly with their reliance on info from the people who are now pretending to have not known. Anybody who listened and researched the ACA thru 2009 and 2010 during the development process, don't find the bad plan drops at all surprising, in fact they were expecting that to occur.
Is this your way of admitting that he lied?

Old 11-05-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
I am not a 'bot but I don't think he lied. LIE, to me, is a deliberate attempt to mislead through dishonesty. What happened here is different than that and I don't think deceit is at work. Political "lying" is a whole different animal.

No matter who is making political promises, there are just too many moving parts for any one person to be completely accountable for every statement made. I take EVERY SINGLE ONE with a boulder of salt. In fact, I interpret each one to be something along the lines of "If I had my way and no one could stop me, and assuming nothing changes between this moment in time and the time when what I am talking about comes to pass, this is how I'd make it happen...."

So in that context I really hesitate to call what happened here a lie. Covering up something after the fact in order to cover one's inappropriate action is lying. Making a political promise one is later unable to keep? Not lying. Wishful thinking. Naivete. Not lying.
So when it's political, deliberately attempting to mislead through dishonesty is NOT a lie? I will NEVER understand the liberal mind.

Of course you "hesitate" -can't be criticizing your dear leader, now can you?

Old 11-05-2013, 04:00 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
This is not a lie get over it the first time Obama said this was over a yr ago he did not predict that insurance companies would just drop people. Most of the people that are getting dropped off there health insurance have junk insurance plans
People have had their plans for over ten years and are now getting dropped, because ObamaCare invalidated them, made them illegal to provide. You are just a useful idiot if you think the Blue Shield insurance company in Florida dropped 300,000 policies because they were "junk" because they were perfectly fine according to Florida law and the people who had them

Old 11-05-2013, 04:04 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,512,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJW50 View Post
I took that statement as saying one could stay with their insurance company if they choose to. He never said the insurance company has to keep you.
He forced the insurance companies to drop people.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:06 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,009,690 times
The thing that really burns me is the exasperated tone he took when he repeated it over and over. He looked like a teenager, rolling his eyes and sighing. Trying to get through to the idiot right-wingers that just don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies