Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 10:05 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,542,487 times

Advertisements

in house fire.
Parents are sleeping downstairs, child upstairs. They awake to a fire, get out, police show up within minutes. They stand and wait for firefighters to show up. Meanwhile dad tries to enter to save son, police taze him 3 times and arrest him. Son dies in fire.
What are they arresting him for? If he wants to risk his life to save his son, under what authority do the police have to stop him?

Family: Louisiana Police stun father as son died in house fire : News : ConnectTriStates.com

Louisiana Police stun father as son died in house fire - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 10:23 AM

31,387 posts, read 36,975,677 times
First of all, it's hard to answer your question based on yet another lazy, badly reported piece of alleged local TV journalism. We don't know the degree of the fires involvement, we don't have a clue as to the state of mind of the father, was he making a rational or was he acting purely on emotions. Either way it would be the first time that police, or firefighters - hell or bystanders - have prevented someone from doing something totally reckless regardless of what the stakes might be. So, before I would even begin to venture an opinion, I'd like a whole lot more details from all the parties involved.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:25 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,604,458 times
Why did they leave the house before getting their son first.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:30 AM

2,538 posts, read 4,702,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
First of all, it's hard to answer your question based on yet another lazy, badly reported piece of alleged local TV journalism. We don't know the degree of the fires involvement, we don't have a clue as to the state of mind of the father, was he making a rational or was he acting purely on emotions. Either way it would be the first time that police, or firefighters - hell or bystanders - have prevented someone from doing something totally reckless regardless of what the stakes might be. So, before I would even begin to venture an opinion, I'd like a whole lot more details from all the parties involved.
Another LEO apologist justifying obscene behavior of those who are suppose to "protect & server". Hey, maybe they'll follow the lead of Texas and charge the father with arson and murder, then execute him despite scientific evidence that proved he was innocent.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:34 AM

Thank god for newspapers and real journalist.

The parents had to escape from the fully involved fire through the backdoor after being awoken by smoke. Both suffered from burns and smoke inhalation in their escape. When they got out of the house they called 911 which was received at 12:58. The first unit was on scene five minutes later at 01:03. Firefighters in full gear could not enter the home because of the heat.

Missouri Police Tasered Desperate Father Trying to Save 3-Y-O Son as He Dies Helplessly in House Fire

Old 11-05-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
Another LEO apologist justifying obscene behavior of those who are suppose to "protect & server".
Apologist? Puleeze! I form my opinions based upon facts. You should try it sometimes.

Quote:
Hey, maybe they'll follow the lead of Texas and charge the father with arson and murder, then execute him despite scientific evidence that proved he was innocent.
I do indeed love folks who can't keep on topic and simply can't keep from resorting to red herrings.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:39 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,434,339 times
As a Dad your job is to die saving your family.
As a cop your job is to stop someone killing themselves.
From what I've read going back into the house would have been suicidal and futile.
The child would have died anyways, the father is alive, and both men can say they did their best.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:39 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,604,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Thank god for newspapers and real journalist.

The parents had to escape from the fully involved fire through the backdoor after being awoken by smoke. Both suffered from burns and smoke inhalation in their escape. When they got out of the house they called 911 which was received at 12:58. The first unit was on scene five minutes later at 01:03. Firefighters in full gear could not enter the home because of the heat.

Missouri Police Tasered Desperate Father Trying to Save 3-Y-O Son as He Dies Helplessly in House Fire
Again why did they leave the house before getting their son if they were so concerned. Not only did they have five minutes after making the call. They had probably several minutes before they exited the house and several minutes after exiting before placing the call. At least 10 minutes once they woke up noticed the smoke/fire and emergency personnel showed up.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:40 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,806,587 times
Nothing would stop me from going in and try to save my child...

Old 11-05-2013, 10:42 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,806,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Again why did they leave the house before getting their son if they were so concerned.
Maybe he wanted to get his wife out first and go retrieved the son...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies