Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 12:33 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
This is the closest comparison of my current plan, but my current plan has a $3,000 deductible ($82/month) and doesn't appear to be on the ehealthinsurance website anymore. I now get hospice and pregnancy coverage, but it doesn't seem like I get mental health or substance abuse coverage.

Both of these plans are offered in IL, both have a $6K deductible, and neither pay anything until the deductible is reached.

Aetna High deductible $5,500 deductible HSA
BCBS of IL Bronze PPO 006 $6,000 deductible

So you're paying $24 extra dollars a month for hospice coverage, pregnancy, an assurance that your insurer can't drop you from coverage if you get sick, no limit caps on essential care, etc. etc. and you think this a good reason to impeach the president?

Like I said, some plans are costing more, but they are offering more too. I have yet to see plan that is more expensive and covers less.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
I have one of those grandfathered plans pre March 2010 ACA.

It's truly an unbelievable plan. I used to pay only $75/month for it.

I
Picture please.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:42 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftown831 View Post
So you're paying $24 extra dollars a month for hospice coverage, pregnancy, an assurance that your insurer can't drop you from coverage if you get sick, no limit caps on essential care, etc. etc. and you think this a good reason to impeach the president?
And then when the demonization fails, you move the goal line.

We went from there being no legitimate arguments to there being legitimate arguments but they are not a reason to impeach the president.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:44 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Simple truth people don't have to offer you chit. Fact is plain and simple every day on the news comes forth a new person who is being forced off of their current health care provider. I myself know 5 friends who as of months ago got their good-by-john letters.

They don't have to offer you a gosh damn freaking thing, this health care law plain and simple is hurting a lot of hard working americans, and let me tell you something the new coverage, does not even begin to take a seat to the current coverage they have. Guess what their premiums have risen, explain this to me, or to them, because they are pissed off people right now.

Explain why we wre lied to, and some condone the lies with sheeer utter stupidity and nonesense.

Are you saying not one american will lose the great coverage they now have, if so, that is a lie. And the premiums they pay are less then what they will be paying with this new law, and getting less coverage. Talk to my friends, they will give you a hint at reality. The real truth, which some people avoid like the plalgue, is the people losing their coverage, and that ain't no lie.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:45 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You have no authority, I don't follow rules made up by ignorant people.

What if I just want to keep my plan and not pay a portion of yours?
There you have it, ignorant people support a ignorant President, goes hand in hand.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Simple truth people don't have to offer you chit. Fact is plain and simple every day on the news comes forth a new person who is being forced off of their current health care provider. I myself know 5 friends who as of months ago got their good-by-john letters.

They don't have to offer you a gosh damn freaking thing, this health care law plain and simple is hurting a lot of hard working americans, and let me tell you something the new coverage, does not even begin to take a seat to the current coverage they have. Guess what their premiums have risen, explain this to me, or to them, because they are pissed off people right now.

Explain why we wre lied to, and some condone the lies with sheeer utter stupidity and nonesense.

Are you saying not one american will lose the great coverage they now have, if so, that is a lie. And the premiums they pay are less then what they will be paying with this new law, and getting less coverage. Talk to my friends, they will give you a hint at reality. The real truth, which some people avoid like the plalgue, is the people losing their coverage, and that ain't no lie.
Only read first part of the first sentence. Blatant violation of Rule 1. Save the preaching for Sunday, just numbers please.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:46 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
I know. Most die hard liberals don't realize that helping 30 million people and than harming 20 million others does not make the ACA a good law.

It's just shifting expenses and not accomplishing much.
What it accomplishes is that Barack Obama can say I'm the guy that reformed health care.

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME is all this worthless piece of excrement cares about.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
And then when the demonization fails, you move the goal line.

We went from there being no legitimate arguments to there being legitimate arguments but they are not a reason to impeach the president.
Nice how you didn't include the last sentence in my post, which was right on the original goal line. I see what you did there.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:47 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:

Like I said, some plans are costing more, but they are offering more too. I have yet to see plan that is more expensive and covers less.
When did I say the president should be impeached?

When the 2014 plans originally came out the price for a comparable plan was $202, which is up significantly from the $82 I pay now. As more insurers have entered the market the prices came down. Sure, my plan will now cost $119 and it covers stuff I can't use, but we are still talking about a 30% increase between comparable plans.

FYI, I am male, I can't get pregnant. I am also young, I can't use hospice.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:48 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:

In other words, the President lied and you are desperate to spin this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies