Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 10:45 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,462 times

Advertisements

Conservatives are claiming that some people are being dropped from their plans and forced to buy plans that are more expensive but provide the same or even less benefits than their previous plan. The truth is that some people are being switched over to more expensive plans, but these plans provide more benefits than their previous plan. This is not a debate about that aspect, as personally the individual mandate is one of the parts of the law I didn't agree with. What I am disputing is that people are given plans that are more expensive but cover less. This is not true, but if you want to attempt to dispute this, please do so and read the rules below.

Rules of the challenge:

1. No one liners or preaching your party platform, only provide numbers and facts with sources Examples include "If you like your plan you should be able to keep it." That is not the discussion here.
2. Don't just write numbers down. You must provide proof by going to your state's affordable care act website and getting a quote for plans that are available to you. Then go to your current health insurance webpage and access your plan benefit information. Take a screen shot of both or provide a link and post them so we can compare. DO NOT include your personal information which is usually located at the very top of the page. Only benefit information. Reiteration: You must provide a link or image of the benefits of your current plan, as we cannot take you for your word.
3. The benefits mandated by the act in the new plans must be considered. Among these include a ban on the ability to drop policyholders if they become sick, free preventive care, and a prohibition on imposing annual or lifetime coverage caps on essential benefits.

The person who can show ACA plans cost more but cover the same or less wins.

Last edited by Surftown831; 11-05-2013 at 11:59 AM..

Old 11-05-2013, 11:04 AM

3,599 posts, read 6,783,818 times
27 year old make.

Current BCBS provides comprehensive major medial (already includes preventive colon screenings annual physical that are not applied against deductible). $110/month. $2500 hsa compatible deductible.

The ACA requires same 27 year old make for same exact plan to pay $300/month for same $2500.

Just look it up yourself in most states.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:05 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,962 times
You missed this and all the other many, many articles on this subject, haven't you?

For consumers whose health premiums will go up under new law, sticker shock leads to anger - The Washington Post

Too many people are running into the high deductibles, higher out of pocket exposures, and much higher coinsurance outlays under ObamaJunk policies, not to mention premiums that are frequently higher. Routine small benefits from preventive care do not make up for the thousands of dollars in higher annual premiums or out of pocket costs for many people. The average person judges insurance by how well it pays at claim time, and my new ObamaJunk policy would only pay $3750 on a $10,000 medical bill. I don't care who you are, that is fairly crappy insurance!

The terms of your challenge basically require posting the entire text of the old insurance contract and the new insurance contract, then you would deny it anyway.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:06 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
It doesn't matter what you say... the people who love the ACA are blind and deaf to any evidence you present...

Old 11-05-2013, 11:09 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
I'm still waiting for the Obama groupies to prove that Obama didn't lie.. LOL
I know what my company says and they did provide documentation showing the numbers and why our insurance went up as well as increased deductibles. I find them much more believable than Obama or his mouth pieces.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:10 AM

872 posts, read 827,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftown831 View Post
Conservatives are claiming that some people are being dropped from their plans and forced to buy plans that are more expensive but provide the same or even less benefits than their previous plan. The truth is that some people are being switched over to more expensive plans, but these plans provide more benefits than their previous plan. This is not a debate about that aspect, as personally the individual mandate is one of the parts of the law I didn't agree with. What I am disputing is that people are given plans that are more expensive but cover less. This is not true, but if you want to attempt to dispute this, please do so and read the rules below.

Rules of the challenge:

1. No one liners or preaching your party platform, only provide numbers and facts with sources Examples include "If you like your plan you should be able to keep it." That is not the discussion here.
2. Don't just write numbers down. You must provide proof by going to your state's affordable care act website and getting a quote for plans that are available to you. Then go to your current health insurance webpage and access your plan benefit information. Take a screen shot of both or provide a link and post them so we can compare. Reiteration: You must provide a link or image of the benefits of your current plan, as we cannot take you for your word.
3. The benefits mandated by the act in the new plans must be considered. Among these include a ban on the ability to drop policyholders if they become sick, free preventive care, and a prohibition on imposing annual or lifetime coverage caps on essential benefits.

The person who can show ACA plans cost more but cover the same or less wins.
What kind of crazy challenge is this??? You want people to post a link to their benefit info???????????????????

Old 11-05-2013, 11:12 AM

3,599 posts, read 6,783,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
You missed this and all the other many, many articles on this subject, haven't you?

For consumers whose health premiums will go up under new law, sticker shock leads to anger - The Washington Post

Too many people are running into the high deductibles, higher out of pocket exposures, and much higher coinsurance outlays under ObamaJunk policies, not to mention premiums that are frequently higher. Routine small benefits from preventive care do not make up for the thousands of dollars in higher annual premiums or out of pocket costs for many people. The average person judges insurance by how well it pays at claim time, and my new ObamaJunk policy would only pay $3750 on a $10,000 medical bill. I don't care who you are, that is fairly crappy insurance!

The terms of your challenge basically require posting the entire text of the old insurance contract and the new insurance contract, then you would deny it anyway.
I know. Most die hard liberals don't realize that helping 30 million people and than harming 20 million others does not make the ACA a good law.

It's just shifting expenses and not accomplishing much.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:15 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Here we go again with claims with no verifications of those claims. I've seen many state that their policies were dropped because their old policies did not cover things they have no need for like maternity care and these new policies are far more expensive but that is not what is being argued here.

For some reason people get a kick out of starting threads with the only purpose of demonizing entire groups of people based upon nothing more than their bigotry against anyone that would dare hold a view that is different than theirs.

As verification to my claims I present this thread.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:16 AM

2,362 posts, read 2,996,195 times
The right-wing media wants you to believe that people that currently have crappy insurance plans that don't cover much are going to be better off keeping these junk plans instead of using the exchange to find more comprehensive coverage. Funny how CBS News hasn't done a follow up story to their Obamacare "victim."

Obamacare "Victim" in Florida Happy She Can Get Real Coverage | New Republic

Old 11-05-2013, 11:16 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,074 times
I *ignore* silly challenges from left wing operatives. If the op is really interested he can look it up himself instead of the nonsense topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies