Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 11:27 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Trick Down Economics is 1million% bs no matter what the size of government is it is the biggest lie the GOP has told the last 30 yrs
only to those of the communist bent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 11:37 PM

7,540 posts, read 11,573,598 times
Trickle-down economics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read up on it giving the super rich even more tax breaks not help anybody does not even help the government

Old 11-05-2013, 11:51 PM

45,581 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Trickle-down economics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read up on it giving the super rich even more tax breaks not help anybody does not even help the government
Why do people want to get rich?

Old 11-06-2013, 12:13 AM

45,581 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Let me answer my own question since I am going to bed.

People want to get rich for various reasons - but one reason is to buy nice stuff. They buy a big house - who gets the money - the home builder and its employer - the suppliers to the home builder and their employees - and so on. They eat at nice places - who benefits? The restaurant, the employees, the food suppliers and their employees... The money from the rich trickles down to many people down the line.

When the Gulf Moratorium was in play back during the BP explosion, rigs were not operating. Which meant numerous business people and rig operators were not in New Orleans working. Who lost? The hotels... the restaurants... the workers with good jobs were not there eating out for lunch and tipping the waitstaff.

That's all trickle down economics. The resources flow from top to bottom as people operate normally and freely.

DJboutit - you don't get it, maybe you don't want to get it. Sounds like you are content to wallow in envy and jealousy.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:22 AM

7,540 posts, read 11,573,598 times
The Epic Failure of Republican Trickle Down Economics | Crooks and Liars

Old 11-06-2013, 05:27 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,135,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Let me answer my own question since I am going to bed.

People want to get rich for various reasons - but one reason is to buy nice stuff. They buy a big house - who gets the money - the home builder and its employer - the suppliers to the home builder and their employees - and so on. They eat at nice places - who benefits? The restaurant, the employees, the food suppliers and their employees... The money from the rich trickles down to many people down the line.

When the Gulf Moratorium was in play back during the BP explosion, rigs were not operating. Which meant numerous business people and rig operators were not in New Orleans working. Who lost? The hotels... the restaurants... the workers with good jobs were not there eating out for lunch and tipping the waitstaff.

That's all trickle down economics. The resources flow from top to bottom as people operate normally and freely.

DJboutit - you don't get it, maybe you don't want to get it. Sounds like you are content to wallow in envy and jealousy.
I was all for trickle down, voted straight republican every year sense Carter. It has failed us because those moneys are being invested in China, not here in the States. The middle class is shrinking and the very wealthy are so flush with cash that in no time in human history has there been such a large concentration of wealth in so few hands, ever, and I can cut and paste the facts all day long. Trickle down is now an epic failure.

Old 11-06-2013, 05:31 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Trickle down never works. What an idiotic economic theory that Pubs cling to since they got nothin else.

Old 11-06-2013, 05:58 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I keep thinking about trickle down, but it stops making sense to me when the government is too large. If you apply trickle down if the government is too big, eventually you will have a serious debt problem. On the other hand, if taxes are too high the rich will go somewhere else and the situation will only be slightly better than the worst case scenario.

Trickle down didn't work.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:42 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,135,767 times
I will say I felt I did benefit from trickle down. But that was in the1990s. Since the early 2000s, it has done a complete turnaround especially in the hi-tech fields.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:47 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
Trickle down doesn't work to begin with. The rich sold the people a lie and convinced them to vote against their own best interests. In reality, the past several decades have shown that if anything the wealth is trickling up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies