Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 10:21 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Ken, I don't care what you think of me. You are one of the biggest Obama/OFA apologists on this forum. I am no more a "wingnut" than your failed President. But thank you for showing everyone the left's standard personal smears of anyone who isn't a lockstep liberal. It's the same thing you and your ilk will do to any GOP presidential nominee, including Christie.
LOL
Will Christie get smeared?
No doubt - that's politics (sadly).
Will I smear him?
Not likely - I LIKE the guy.
Will YOU smear him?
Most certainly - in fact you ALREADY HAVE.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 10:24 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Emoticon away but I am sick and tired of the loud mouths making my party look bad. I've voted in every single election, even local ones, since I turned eighteen (and it's been a few years since then). I was born and raised in strong conservative states. I volunteer for our state's Republican Women's group. I've held my tongue as all this nonsense has gone on with Cruz, etc but I have had ENOUGH!

My party is one that believes government has a place in our life but the most important being at the local level. My party is one that believes that small business is the economic engine of our economy. My party is one that believes a strong defense is the key to peace. My party is one that believes governing is something our electorate has entrusted to us and treats that trust with care. My party is one that believes we should help those at the bottom of the financial ladder make their way out of that hole by creating economic opportunities that allow them to do so. My party believes in the American Dream. Cruz and his ilk have become more concerned with attacking good conservatives like me in the party than in being conservative. So no, I have NO more patience or willingness to stand by and let his ilk scream crap about my party that simply isn't true.
Good for you.
I'm happy to FINALLY see RATIONAL GOP supporters (and GOP members of Congress) starting to stand up to those scorched-earth, dogma-trumps-common-sense lunatics.

Ken

Old 11-06-2013, 10:29 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Good for you.
I'm happy to FINALLY see RATIONAL GOP supporters (and GOP members of Congress) starting to stand up to those scorched-earth, dogma-trumps-common-sense lunatics.

Ken
That last bit is a great description of Obama and the extremist Democrats who passed the ACA is the dark of night, without reading the bill, and without meaningful input from the opposition party or any of the involved players. I wouldn't stoop to your childish name calling though.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:32 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Quote:
That's strange. Cruz agrees with you about the ACA and Christie doesn't, yet you attack Cruz and support Christie. Whatever floats your boat I suppose.
Really? Because here's what he said on Obamacare.
Quote:
On Obamacare, Christie said he has expanded Medicaid eligibility for New Jersey residents under Obama’s administration, but that he twice vetoed health exchanges, a major tenant of the president’s health care plan.

"This is what happens when you use Parliamentary maneuvers to jam an absolute sea change in American life down the throats of the American people with bare majorities and not one Republican vote," Christie said during the event, which was streamed live. "I think it’s going to wind up being a sad legacy."
Christie calls for fairness in immigration reform, slams Obamacare | NJ.com

Would I have preferred he taken a stronger stance? Sure but let's be pragmatic here. He would have lost reelection too. Governors in states like mine can safely reject the Medicaid expansion and I'm glad she did but not all GOP governors have that luxury. At some point, we have to think about winning more than just our solid red states and think about expanding to gain back these purple states. By showing you can govern and <gasp> even moderate when necessary are key components to being an effective leader. I'm interested in if our conservative leaders have conservative principles, be good at governing and WIN elections!

Old 11-06-2013, 10:35 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Really? Because here's what he said on Obamacare.

Christie calls for fairness in immigration reform, slams Obamacare | NJ.com

Would I have preferred he taken a stronger stance? Sure but let's be pragmatic here. He would have lost reelection too. Governors in states like mine can safely reject the Medicaid expansion and I'm glad she did but not all GOP governors have that luxury. At some point, we have to think about winning more than just our solid red states and think about expanding to gain back these purple states. By showing you can govern and <gasp> even moderate when necessary are key components to being an effective leader. I'm interested in if our conservative leaders have conservative principles, be good at governing and WIN elections!
New Jersey isn't purple. I agree we need someone who can govern and win. Christie isn't it because I doubt he would win some red states and he would probably lose New Jersey. Scott Walker is a conservative who can govern and win and there are plenty of others.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:38 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
New Jersey isn't purple. I agree we need someone who can govern and win. Christie isn't it because I doubt he would win some red states and he would probably lose New Jersey. Scott Walker is a conservative who can govern and win and there are plenty of others.
How wrong you are. Southbel is right.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:38 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Quote:
No, I wasn't saying that New Jersey was purple. I was trying to say we need the type of candidate that can effectively win those purple states. I like Scott Walker too but I do think Christie has more of the charisma factor that I feel our last candidate lacked so much. Romney was the superior choice by far but he just couldn't sell it. To be frank, I want to WIN elections. So yeah, I am looking for those candidates that are both conservative and can win elections.

Oh and really, do you think our solid red states would go for a Hillary over a Christie?? Egad. Hillary is as bad or worse than Obama.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:21 AM

26,491 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Obama's campaign promise fulfillment percentage has been generally pretty good:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ises/obameter/

NO candidate ever does everything they "promise" - some things end up outside their control, others are dropped due to higher priorities. Nothing new about any of that.
Remember "Read my lips - no new taxes"?

Ken
Politifact has been showed to be biased in favor by Democrats by 2 university studies in what they choose to cover.

Have some integrity and call out Obama for more drones over more countries with more civilians killed by drones. If this creates new terrorists under Bush it would under Obama as well.

Call Obama out for his broken promises and statements of legality for Libya.

Call Obama out for running a poor fiscal ledger.

If you can't find things to call Obama out on after all of these lies and broken promises...many of which are harming our country...well then you are one of the millions of people that are the biggest threat to our country.

I sincerely hope that you learn to think. Too many people like you in both parties that are blindly loyal to the party over the good of the country.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:56 AM

511 posts, read 799,550 times
Quote:
What you ignore is that the Presidents' approval is HIGHER than that of the either the Democrats or GOP in general. NOBODY in government it popular now - NOBODY (including Obama) - which says more about American's view of government than it does about Obama in particular.

EVERYTHING is RELATIVE.

Get it now?

Ken
So what? lol

The approval ratings for Obama show that more and more people are starting to realize that they made a drastic mistake in re-electing this man. They fell for the lie that he was improving the economy and that Romney was a heartless rich guy out of touch.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:06 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
Obama is still more popular than:
Toenail fungus
A fly landing on your ice cream.
Poison ivy rash
A stopped up toilet
A parking ticket( this one is close)
Diarrhea
Sunburn
Richie Incognito
The TSA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies