Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 08:12 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
As a democrat I agree. I really like him. Unfortunately, he won't be the nominee because conservatives would never back him.
I really think he will. I think there are plenty of conservatives out there like myself who see Christie as a leader. I've never been a libertarian and neither has most of the party. Libertarians seem to think everyone thinks like them. If that were so, Romney never would have been our nominee last time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 08:17 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
Christie just annihilated Buono in NJ. Does his victory spell a long overdue end to the tea party and a return to a more pragmatic, moderate GOP.

I hope so.

Christie 2016!
What happens in NJ should stay in NJ. And I surely hope it does.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:18 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I really think he will. I think there are plenty of conservatives out there like myself who see Christie as a leader. I've never been a libertarian and neither has most of the party. Libertarians seem to think everyone thinks like them. If that were so, Romney never would have been our nominee last time.
Ok, I should say that the tea party would never back him. Romney didn't win because he was wishy washy. He tried to be a tea party conservative when he really wasn't. Christie is not a conservative and would never pretend to be. You know conservative radio hosts can't stand Christie.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Ok, I should say that the tea party would never back him. Romney didn't win because he was wishy washy. He tried to be a tea party conservative when he really wasn't. Christie is not a conservative and would never pretend to be. You know conservative radio hosts can't stand Christie.
That's the thing. He is conservative. He's just not Tea Party style conservative. Both parties, mine included, need to understand that when one governs, it is not done by fiat. Reagan wasn't just a great President because of his conservative policies. He was a great President because he knew how to govern and when he needed to moderate to get the job done while still maintaining his principles. So tired of the my way or the highway from BOTH the left and the right. It's refreshing to see someone that actually knows how to govern.

ETA: I do not take my political advice from radio hosts whose primary motivation is to remain top of the heap by having as much shock value as possible.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:25 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,799 times
What you people know about conservative politics and beliefs is leftwing whackadoodle fantasy.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:28 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,330,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
Christie just annihilated Buono in NJ. Does his victory spell a long overdue end to the tea party and a return to a more pragmatic, moderate GOP.

I hope so.

Christie 2016!
He will get no support from the conservative base, or from democrats. The end.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
What you people know about conservative politics and beliefs is leftwing whackadoodle fantasy.
Well, I'm a lifelong conservative from the rather conservative state of South Carolina. Granted, I originally hail from the equally conservative state of Georgia. I've volunteered with the Republican Women's group. Yeah, I feel pretty well-versed in what is and is not conservative.

That being said - I'm not sure if you were speaking to me or not. If not, please feel free to ignore.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:32 PM

Quote:
That's the thing. He is conservative. He's just not Tea Party style conservative. Both parties, mine included, need to understand that when one governs, it is not done by fiat. Reagan wasn't just a great President because of his conservative policies. He was a great President because he knew how to govern and when he needed to moderate to get the job done while still maintaining his principles. So tired of the my way or the highway from BOTH the left and the right. It's refreshing to see someone that actually knows how to govern.

ETA: I do not take my political advice from radio hosts whose primary motivation is to remain top of the heap by having as much shock value as possible.
The tea party and a lot of conservatives see Christie as a rino. I would be shocked if he won the nomination. I see the party promoting Cruz who will never win. Christie has a chance of winning though. A lot of independents and even some democrats would vote for him. I like the guy but I guess he angered a lot of republicans by hugging Obama after Sandy lol Go figure.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
The tea party and a lot of conservatives see Christie as a rino. I would be shocked if he won the nomination. I see the party promoting Cruz who will never win. Christie has a chance of winning though. A lot of independents and even some democrats would vote for him. I like the guy but I guess he angered a lot of republicans by hugging Obama after Sandy lol Go figure.
Yes, the talking heads on the news has deemed all of the GOP as Cruz supporters. That must be why, during the shutdown, Cruz and his ilk enjoyed such widespread support from all of the GOP. Oh wait, that's right - he didn't.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Yes, the talking heads on the news has deemed all of the GOP as Cruz supporters. That must be why, during the shutdown, Cruz and his ilk enjoyed such widespread support from all of the GOP. Oh wait, that's right - he didn't.
It will really be interesting who will run on both sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies