Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 07:35 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
-Cut ties with big business and appeal to working people (not welfare freeloaders)

-Support unions and oppose Right to Work

-Push for national healthcare, but one that is run efficiently and properly

Be the party that will pledge to keep the heart of what made America great alive. Fight multiculturalism and push for immigration reform and much stricter immigration guidelines. No amnesty for border jumpers-immediate deportation for them and their anchor babies.

This is our country but we are losing it before our very eyes.

This is what it would take to get me to vote republican.
. . . and they need to stop sucking. The Democratic party needs to stop sucking also. People need to stop sucking and just vote 3rd party. They may end up sucking in the future as well, but I would like to give them a chance as we know our current two party suckfest does - in fact - suck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 07:35 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
You do realize that more money has been given to the democratic party by major corporations than has been given to the republican party over the last 25 years, don't you?

Democrats are more in bed with big business than republicans.
This is about the Republican Party. I would love to see them change their ways to save America for my children. We really need them to step up because I think we can all see the way the Democratic Party is going.

I've been voting Democrat for 30 years and it barely resembles that party of 30 years ago. About all I have left in common with them is labor issues.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:38 AM

2,964 posts, read 3,531,482 times
Quote:
This is about the Republican Party. I would love to see them change their ways to save America for my children. We really need them to step up because I think we can all see the way the Democratic Party is going.

I've been voting Democrat for 30 years and it barely resembles that party of 30 years ago. About all I have left in common with them is labor issues.
What exactly do you agree with the Democratic party on regarding labor issues? Do you honestly believe that a person should be forced to join a labor union and have money taken out of their paycheck (even if they don't agree with the politics of that union) in order to work at a certain place? That seems like tyranny to me.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:39 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,205,540 times
Quote:

I understand the point you are trying to make, but I was just pointing out that you are somewhat incorrect about the what you claimed in your original post. Supporting unions is not what is best for the worker, and supporting national health care is not what is best for health care reform. I agree with the problems you presented, but disagree with your solutions.

And I was simply pointing out that we should be more outraged at how in bed the democratic party is with big business rather than the republican party, assuming you follow the money rather than news stories.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:40 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
-Cut ties with big business and appeal to working people (not welfare freeloaders)

Be the party that will pledge to keep the heart of what made America great alive. Fight multiculturalism and push for immigration reform and much stricter immigration guidelines. No amnesty for border jumpers-immediate deportation for them and their anchor babies.

A lot of white men who only vote for the Democratic party because of conservative rejection of unions would like to see the conservative party support unions and Americans workers more and they love the anti-immigrant anti-diverse American stance of conservatives. I have a few white co-workers who are just like you.

Men who would vote for conservatives if only they'd stop attacking unions, but it won't happen.

There are 3 major civil rights fights in this nation's history, and workers rights was the first to really break through and be successful rallying cry for American workers.

American conservatism as a political ideology was created in part as a backlash against those 3 major civil rights fights and the idea of worker's rights and unions is on that list.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:41 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:

So you want Reps to be more like the Democrats that they despise?

5,513 posts, read 5,241,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Increase ties to small business actually.
Decrease ties to groups pushing conservative social legislation.
Yes, yes, a thousand times YES!

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:

We have a party like that. They're called Democrats.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:44 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
We have a party like that. They're called Democrats.
Well except he wants anti-multiculturalism and anti-amnesty, so yes the Democratic party for him might fight for unions and workers rights much more than conservatives, but the Democratic party is a multicultural party that want's what he calls amnesty for undocumented immigrants. He hates that.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:44 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
What exactly do you agree with the Democratic party on regarding labor issues? Do you honestly believe that a person should be forced to join a labor union and have money taken out of their paycheck (even if they don't agree with the politics of that union) in order to work at a certain place? That seems like tyranny to me.
Seems like safety and quality control to me. And stability for society.

Do you think doctors should have diplomas? Do you think drivers should have a license?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies