Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 10:53 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
But they claim to be so intelligent and well-educated.
You are right,I love your posts..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 12:40 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I've been developing a wtf-why-not attitude about Obamacare. If all you morons out there want so badly to pay for my healthcare, then why not? You had a chance with Romney. He's a take-charge guy and would've gotten the economy up and running and dragged the employment rate down. He would have tweaked Obamacare so that it actually worked. But you nitwits blindly followed Obama, and now you're about to get the bill for your unthinking allegiance.

This post from Kurt Shclichter perfectly encapsulates my feelings -

"You Millenials voted for Obama by a margin of 28 percent, which will make it a lot easier for me to accept the benefits you will be paying for. We warned you that liberalism was a scam designed to take the fruits of your labor and transfer it to us, the older, established generation. Oh, and also to the couch-dwelling, Democrat-voting losers who live off of food stamps and order junk from QVC with their Obamaphones.

No. There’s no sugar-coating it – your votes for Democrats have ensured that you are the first generation in American history that will fail to exceed what their parents attained. Embracing liberalism was a stupid thing to do, done for the stupidest of reasons, and I will now let you subsidize my affluent lifestyle without a shred of guilt."

Maybe Pain Will Teach You Millenials Not To Vote For Your Own Serfdom - Kurt Schlichter - Page 1

I don't feel bad for my older kids. They smugly voted for Obama twice. Now they can't afford their own healthcare. I do feel bad for my 14 yr old...Obama has him in a lifelong bondage he'll never escape.

But me? You morons will be paying for my healthcare while you struggle to pay off your school loans as you work at crappy jobs.

Not so fast, Kurt. Have you figured out the endgame? I think the elderly will come to be seen as overly expensive and unfairly subsidized - and they will be the next to feel the pain.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:27 AM

878 posts, read 942,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPHokie View Post
I'm developing a similar attitude. When Obamacare was being debated and after it was passed I tried to calmly and rationally explain to people why it was a terrible law. I really tried. But few cared to listen.

Then there was a chance to fix it in 2012 and American declined.

So screw it. This is what the people wanted, now they can choke on it.
Broose is calling.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:34 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Wow, someone is still bitter that Romney got his butt handed to him in the election.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:54 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's an idiotic position to take. Here's why...

When a government is over-reliant on the highest income earners for tax revenue, as is the U.S. because of our progressive tax system, it creates a perverse incentive to keep the income gap as wide as possible so that tax revenue is maximized. The more our country has to spend on social welfare programs, the more the government needs to keep the income gap as wide as possible in order to collect the taxes necessary to fund the growing welfare programs.

By supporting a 'soak the rich' mentality, the left, middle class, or whoever, is gullibly and willingly participating in their own economic suppression.

More:
...Stupid is as stupid does.
So are you saying we should have a more progressive tax rate where the rich pay more so they "do not create jobs or contribute to the economy." I have seen you continually post the regressivity charts and I still can't make heads or tails of your argument. Also what baring it does on this topic. The topic is about what the millennials being foolish for voting for Obama. I think in someways we are, in others we aren't. It's hard to make the blanket statement though.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:06 PM

65 posts, read 78,309 times
Thinking Obama would do anything differently from Romney is more or less a joke. They are fed from the same hand.

Study politics. Presidents really don't hold the power anymore.

Lobbying and campaign money is the real devil of politics. And until that changes, nothing will.

Connies and Libs are equally at fault for their shortsighted ignorance.

Last edited by SeaBright; 11-12-2013 at 02:24 PM..

Old 11-12-2013, 02:12 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
I've been developing a wtf-why-not attitude about Obamacare. If all you morons out there want so badly to pay for my healthcare, then why not? You had a chance with Romney. He's a take-charge guy and would've gotten the economy up and running and dragged the employment rate down. He would have tweaked Obamacare so that it actually worked. But you nitwits blindly followed Obama, and now you're about to get the bill for your unthinking allegiance.

This post from Kurt Shclichter perfectly encapsulates my feelings -

"You Millenials voted for Obama by a margin of 28 percent, which will make it a lot easier for me to accept the benefits you will be paying for. We warned you that liberalism was a scam designed to take the fruits of your labor and transfer it to us, the older, established generation. Oh, and also to the couch-dwelling, Democrat-voting losers who live off of food stamps and order junk from QVC with their Obamaphones.

No. There’s no sugar-coating it – your votes for Democrats have ensured that you are the first generation in American history that will fail to exceed what their parents attained. Embracing liberalism was a stupid thing to do, done for the stupidest of reasons, and I will now let you subsidize my affluent lifestyle without a shred of guilt."

Maybe Pain Will Teach You Millenials Not To Vote For Your Own Serfdom - Kurt Schlichter - Page 1

I don't feel bad for my older kids. They smugly voted for Obama twice. Now they can't afford their own healthcare. I do feel bad for my 14 yr old...Obama has him in a lifelong bondage he'll never escape.

But me? You morons will be paying for my healthcare while you struggle to pay off your school loans as you work at crappy jobs.
Although with Romney we might not have Romneycare he would have manipulated the economy to favor his friends instead of the current situation that favors Obamas buddies.
Government cannot successfully run the economy, they are the reason for all our booms and busts. We the people should be the deciders, not a king and his court.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:14 PM

88,998 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I have seen you continually post the regressivity charts and I still can't make heads or tails of your argument.
Why not? What do you find confusing about it?
Quote:
Also what baring it does on this topic. The topic is about what the millennials being foolish for voting for Obama.
Obama, like other Dems before him, has scammed liberals into parroting the 'tax the rich more' mantra when the result of doing so actually incentivizes the government to keep the income gap as wide as possible so as to maximize tax revenue.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:17 PM

65 posts, read 78,309 times
and again (because you bickering tards can only evade reality for so long)

Thinking Obama would do anything differently from Romney is more or less a joke. They are fed from the same hand.

Study politics. Presidents really don't hold the power anymore.

Lobbying and campaign money is the real devil of politics. And until that changes, nothing will.

Connies and Libs are equally at fault for their shortsighted ignorance.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:18 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
You had a chance with Romney. He's a take-charge guy and would've gotten the economy up and running and dragged the employment rate down.
No... no he wouldn't.

There is no evidence to support Romney's assertion that corporate profits translate into a stronger labor market. None whatsoever. He didn't even try.

Quote:
No. There’s no sugar-coating it – your votes for Democrats have ensured that you are the first generation in American history that will fail to exceed what their parents attained.
Tuition began rising 20 years ago... real wages have been stagnant for a generation ... the Bush-era housing bubble pushed real estate prices out of the grasp of our typical wages. Healthcare costs have been booming for decades.

No, our fate was sealed long before Obama came to office. You, like most conservatives, have just now begun to recognize that these are problems at all!

Quote:
....which is why we keep voting Democrat. Because expensive healthcare and expensive tuition became the norm under the Republicans' watch. And while it may be true that the Democrats' policies don't really help us, the Republicans' policies would be even worse.

Last edited by le roi; 11-12-2013 at 02:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies