Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 09:35 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,923,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Alex Jones again? Can we have real news stories instead of ramblings of an unmedicated schizophrenic? Frankly, if you listen to nutjobs on the street corners of the internet, you need help. At least people like that have the excuse of a real illness for their problems.

Yes there is no doubt Jones is a bit eccentric. However; the lamestream media tends to blow things out of proportion and sensationalizes as well. I wouldn't call anything that they report to be factual either. Let's be honest here.

The beauty of the internet is that there is a wealth of information out there (perhaps that is why the government wants to put the clamps on it). Some of it true....some not so much. The truth tends to be somewhere in the middle.

I'm of the mindset of ruling nothing out, and that in this crazy world nothing suprises me. If that makes me mentally ill, then so be it.

Last edited by no1brownsfan; 11-06-2013 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: typos

Old 11-06-2013, 09:35 AM

14,295 posts, read 9,628,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Source: the linked story in the OP

Reaction:

Another trumped-up "we hate America" type of story without substantiation for the allegations.
And yet we do have the NSA and CIA and IRS spying on us, harassing us and prying into our personal lives to gather information on not just us, but the top leaders in foreign countries and the news media too. You can stick your head in the sand an pretend this is not happening, but that does not change the facts or hide the truth.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:39 AM

904 posts, read 685,122 times
Quote:
Alex Jones again? Can we have real news stories instead of ramblings of an unmedicated schizophrenic? Frankly, if you listen to nutjobs on the street corners of the internet, you need help. At least people like that have the excuse of a real illness for their problems.
REAL news stories? YOU mean like from corporate controlled NBC, ABC, CBS .... seriously...

BTW, i'm not listening to AJ, i was listening to this ex Secret Service agent. Try to stay focused. I know it's tough, when you've been mentally downgraded by the endless royal family coverage, and miley's twerking.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:41 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,871,832 times
Infowars is a conspiracy site and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Moreover, from the link:

Quote:
The Jamie Dimon shakedown at Chase… the HHS scandal.. Kathleen Sebelius shaking down the health care industry for money… the IRS… it’s to the point where these scandals in and of themselves would be huge back-breaking scandals [but] are just lost in the scandal fog of this administration…
Chase committed crimes and cheated. We shouldn't have the government protect us against bank misdeeds? How did Kathleen Sebelius shaking down the health care industry, exactly? The IRS? That wasn't a scandal by any normal reading of the word.

Oh, and about that former agent:

Quote:
Daniel "Dan" Bongino is a former United States Secret Service agent and was the Republican Party candidate in Maryland's 2012 election for the United States Senate.[1] He lost to incumbent Ben Cardin.[2] Bongino is running for the U.S. House of Representatives seat from Maryland's 6th Congressional District in the 2014 election. The seat represents an area of Western Maryland and is currently held by incumbent Democrat John Delaney. In October 2013 Bongino was endorsed by an Allen West affiliated group.[3][4]

Old 11-06-2013, 09:46 AM

14,295 posts, read 9,628,992 times
Quote:
It's really not right in the head to think that everyone you disagree with is this organized hive of conspiracies that send their minions to disagree with you (ie point out reality) in ways that you are not smart enough to argue against.
Some people do show a level of blind devotion to our president, that borders on an unhealthy obsession. It's as if they must defend him to the bitter end in all things at all times, because admitting any fault with Obama, or his policies, is to reflect badly on themselves, and admit failure within themselves as well.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:48 AM

904 posts, read 685,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Infowars is a conspiracy site and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Moreover, from the link:

Chase committed crimes and cheated. We shouldn't have the government protect us against bank misdeeds? How did Kathleen Sebelius shaking down the health care industry, exactly? The IRS? That wasn't a scandal by any normal reading of the word.
Shouldn't be taken seriously?
They new about NSA spying before any other news outlet.
They broke the story of Builderbergs, the Grove, and dozens of other secret elite societies that direct our gov't to take our freedoms.
How he is still alive, is beyond a miracle.

The IRS held up non profits based on Party affiliation, in order to sway a Presidential election.
Sebelius will end up fired or in jail, once the record is able to be read.

Chase can burn in hell, they done more damage to the people of the US than any other financial institution, sans Goldman.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:50 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,871,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
The IRS held up non profits based on Party affiliation, in order to sway a Presidential election.
No, they didn't. They investigated political sounding groups who applied for not-for-profit tax-exempt status -- as they should. While the investigations were underway, the groups were allowed to act as tax-exempt groups.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:51 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,923,934 times
Quote:
Shouldn't be taken seriously?
They new about NSA spying before any other news outlet.
They broke the story of Builderbergs, the Grove, and dozens of other secret elite societies that direct our gov't to take our freedoms.
How he is still alive, is beyond a miracle.

Chase can burn in hell, they done more damage to the people of the US than any other financial institution, sans Goldman.

I think those who think that our government is squeaky clean and can do no wrong, are the ones who need their heads examined. Power can and does at times corrupt.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:52 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,444,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Yes there is no doubt Jones is a bit eccentric. However; the lamestream media tends to blow things out of proportion and sensationalizes as well. I wouldn't call anything that they report to be factual either. Let's be honest here.

The beauty of the internet is that there is a wealth of information out there (perhaps that is why the government wants to put the clamps on it). Some of it true....some not so much. The truth tends to be somewhere in the middle.

I'm of the mindset of ruling nothing out, and that in this crazy world nothing suprises me. If that makes me mentally ill, then so be it.
The internet is a wealth of information. On there I can find people who claim the world is flat and guarded by Nazi super soldiers, eyeglasses cause disease, tonados filled with wasps were caused by the government, and shape shifting lizard people control the world. Some of those Alex has championed on his website. Alex is simply wrong and crazy.

You can simply look at his claims that we are all going to be taken to FEMA camps by the black helicopters about every 2 weeks since 1994. Frankly he has been wrong, and outright crazy so many times, if he told me it was raining in Seattle (and likely a global government conspiracy as well, that I would ignore) I would check 3 news sources.

Quote:
REAL news stories? YOU mean like from corporate controlled NBC, ABC, CBS .... seriously...

BTW, i'm not listening to AJ, i was listening to this ex Secret Service agent. Try to stay focused. I know it's tough, when you've been mentally downgraded by the endless royal family coverage, and miley's twerking.
So you have no facts or evidence substansiating the claim, but the only reason you think you are right is because everyone who doesn't believe you are brainwashed by Miley twerking?

I should claim that eating dog crap can prevent cancer. If you don't believe me you have been brainwashed by the corporate media and Miley twerking. Same explanation for both being right, so if you believe the first then you should go to the dog parck and start shoveling those cancer preventers.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:52 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,439,217 times
Quote:
So you don't believe a Secret Service agents own words? He served under many presidents and knows more about the inner workings than you will ever know.....

But of course your intellect is superior.
He was not involved in the day to day protection of Obama. Rather he distinguished himself as the lead coordinator for several of Obama's foreign trips and was recognized for his work.

This particular agent has not worked for a president since 2010 when he joined the Md. field office, closer to home.

He ran for a senate seat last year and lost.

He's running for a house seat in 2014.

He sounds like another apocalyptic conservative.

Best of luck to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies