U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 03:06 PM

903 posts, read 594,791 times

Advertisements

Top scientist warns that Fukushima is greatest threat to mankind at this time.

Japan is toast, and the Western US will have to be evac'd if new 7.0 quake hits, which he gives a (95%)
chance in next 3 yrs.

Obama care waiting lines might take a back seat to Nuclear disaster.

» Top Scientist: Another Fukushima Quake Would Mean US Evacuation, ‘Bye Bye Japan’ Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 03:09 PM

9,033 posts, read 8,750,111 times
You realize David Suzuki is an ultra-leftist enviro-wacko, right?

Old 11-06-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
You realize David Suzuki is an ultra-leftist enviro-wacko, right?
Does that mean Reactor #4 is in good shape and an earthquake won't bring it down and release Tons of the most deadly toxins known to man into the atmosphere and drinking water of Japan?

Old 11-06-2013, 03:17 PM

4,246 posts, read 7,841,019 times
Hey, I see it as progress that a conservative is listening to a climate activist.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
Does that mean Reactor #4 is in good shape and an earthquake won't bring it down and release Tons of the most deadly toxins known to man into the atmosphere and drinking water of Japan?
Does your new-found fondness for David Suzuki mean that you also agree with him when he says

"The truth is, as most of us know, that global warming is real and humans are major contributors, mainly because we wastefully burn fossil fuels."

and

"Outright bans on plastic bags may not be the best solution, but education and incentives to get people to stop using them are necessary."

and

"Some solutions are relatively simple and would provide economic benefits: implementing measures to conserve energy, putting a price on carbon through taxes and cap-and-trade and shifting from fossil fuels to clean and renewable energy sources."

and

"Hydraulic fracturing requires massive amounts of water. Disposing of the toxic wastewater, as well as accidental spills, can contaminate drinking water and harm human health."

?

Old 11-06-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Hey, I see it as progress that a conservative is listening to a climate activist.
NOT a Conservative....

Do you have a comment on the post??????:

Old 11-06-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Does your new-found fondness for David Suzuki mean that you also agree with him when he says

"The truth is, as most of us know, that global warming is real and humans are major contributors, mainly because we wastefully burn fossil fuels."

and

"Outright bans on plastic bags may not be the best solution, but education and incentives to get people to stop using them are necessary."

and

"Some solutions are relatively simple and would provide economic benefits: implementing measures to conserve energy, putting a price on carbon through taxes and cap-and-trade and shifting from fossil fuels to clean and renewable energy sources."

and

"Hydraulic fracturing requires massive amounts of water. Disposing of the toxic wastewater, as well as accidental spills, can contaminate drinking water and harm human health."

?

Start a thread about it. What do you think about this subject...

You know he breathes too... should we all quit breathing.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:46 PM

4,246 posts, read 7,841,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
NOT a Conservative....

Do you have a comment on the post??????:
Yes, that I'm surprised that Alex Jones and Huffington Post are running the same article today.

As for whether it is true or not, I have no idea. It certainly is a scary scenario if it is.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:54 PM

According to what I've seen, the worst-case scenario is a disaster some 80-odd times worse than Chernobyl. Which is scary, especially for Japan. But would that render the entire Northern Hemisphere uninhabitable, as some alarmists are shrieking? No way.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
According to what I've seen, the worst-case scenario is a disaster some 80-odd times worse than Chernobyl. Which is scary, especially for Japan. But would that render the entire Northern Hemisphere uninhabitable, as some alarmists are shrieking? No way.
Didn't see Northern Hemisphere, but i did see West Coast of US and Japan is fookashima'd.

So 80x's worse.. ? does that take into account it is on the largest source of Seafood?

I read a report that 40% of California sea lion pups have died in their first yr. I'll try to find it.

One thing that i have learned, is to never trust the gov't to protect us, and never think that the greed of TEPCO/GE will inform us of impending doom.

The irony to me is that we cut off oil and took their bank deposits to provoke Japan to bomb us in WWII, so they bought into 55 Nuke plants, supplied by the same people that nuked their cities, in part to avoid future punishment from the Great EMPIRE>
And now they may be returning the favor... albeit Karma style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies