Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 04:14 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,376,462 times

Advertisements

On his first day governor elect Terry McAuliffe said in his first press conference that his first executive order will be to ban discrimination against LGBT state employees.

Governor-Elect Terry McAuliffe has declared a new day for LGBT equality in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Inclusion and equality won in yesterday’s election, while the politics of hate and discrimination were soundly defeated.

Governor-Elect McAuliffe

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 11-06-2013 at 06:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 04:19 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,524,283 times
lol

No one cares but gays.

What is that 2 percent of the population?

Old 11-06-2013, 04:22 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,168,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
lol

No one cares but gays.

And yet you cared enough to open this thread, and comment.
Generally, if I don't care about something, I skip right on past it.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:23 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,331,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
On his first day governor elect stated in press conference he will issue Governor-elect Terry McAuliffe said in his first press conference that his first executive order will be to ban discrimination against LGBT state employees.

Governor-Elect Terry McAuliffe has declared a new day for LGBT equality in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Inclusion and equality won in yesterday’s election, while the politics of hate and discrimination were soundly defeated.

Governor-Elect McAuliffe
So LGBT state employee discrimination was a rampant issue in VA then? Or is this another useless measure by a liberal so he cay say look what I did and make people feel all warm and fuzzy?

Old 11-06-2013, 04:23 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,320,367 times
It is very nice to see a Governor that respects the rights of all people.

Cuccinelli wanted to re-instate Virginia's archaic sodomy ban that would have thrown gay people in jail for gods sake! How crazy and ridiculous was that guy? If he didn't exert every bit of his being into trying to control what Virginians do in their own bedrooms maybe he would have had a chance at re-election.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:24 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,851,169 times
Quote:
lol

No one cares but gays.

actually, most people with empathy don't want to see people discriminated against.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:24 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,320,367 times
Quote:
lol

No one cares but gays.

Actually, everyone that is gay or who has a loved one that is gay will be happy about this new governors stance.

Not a single person in my whole large family will vote for a candidate that is against the human rights of gay people because we have two members in our family who are.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:25 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,881,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
On his first day governor elect stated in press conference he will issue Governor-elect Terry McAuliffe said in his first press conference that his first executive order will be to ban discrimination against LGBT state employees.

Governor-Elect McAuliffe
If the politics of hate were soundly defeated, why is a Democrat the governor?

Old 11-06-2013, 04:25 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,524,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And yet you cared enough to open this thread, and comment.
Generally, if I don't care about something, I skip right on past it.
I usually do skip over these gay threads, but today I decided to post. I'll repeat:NO ONE CARES.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:27 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,331,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Actually, everyone that is gay or who has a loved one that is gay will be happy about this new governors stance.

Not a single person in my whole large family will vote for a candidate that is against the human rights of gay people because we have two members in our family who are.
Who cares about the economy (or anything else for that matter)? We need gay rights! Very progressive!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies