Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 09:06 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times

Advertisements

It’s even worse than a jammed website, canceled policies, and rising policy prices. The policies may also not be what they seem.

In the first place, exchange policies typically restrict the hospitals and doctors you can use. In New Hampshire, for example, 10 of the state’s 26 hospitals are excluded from exchange policies and this takes out all the doctors affiliated with those hospitals as well.

That’s bad enough, but there is worse. In many of the policies, doctors will be paid significantly less than what private insurance has previously paid or that would be paid in other private policies sold outside the exchanges. This means that if you lose your doctor because he or she is no longer included in the policy coverage, you will not only find your doctor choices limited. You may also find that the doctors who are included don’t want your business.

The Big Obamacare Story That Hasn’t Surfaced Yet | AgainstCronyCapitalism.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 09:10 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,717,736 times
Who cares?? Unless you are participating why would you care that your choices are limited? Ever shopped around for the lowest price. I guess if you are a Tea Partier on some gubbermint program you think their is an endless supply of taxpayers dollars for Medicare, VA, etc. In this case the gubbermint has decided there isn't an endless supply of tax payer dollars and is cutting costs. Whats wrong with that.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:11 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Very interesting. The New Hampshire example is very, very troubling.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:12 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Who cares?? Unless you are participating why would you care that your choices are limited? Ever shopped around for the lowest price. I guess if you are a Tea Partier on some gubbermint program you think their is an endless supply of taxpayers dollars for Medicare, VA, etc. In this case the gubbermint has decided there isn't an endless supply of tax payer dollars and is cutting costs. Whats wrong with that.

Hey, I hear there's a One Trick Pony show down at the local fairgrounds. You should enter because you'd have a damn good chance at winning the blue ribbon.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:21 PM

By the way how many gubbermint programs are the average Tea Partier and his spouse on 5, 6, 7, 8, or more? They don't like to be reminded of how much they depend on the gubbermint do they. Then they complain when someone else gets a hand out. You gotta love the Tea Party..

Old 11-06-2013, 09:23 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Quote:
By the way how many gubbermint programs are the average Tea Partier and his spouse on 5, 6, 7, 8, or more? They don't like to be reminded of how much they depend on the gubbermint do they. Then they complain when someone else gets a hand out. You gotta love the Tea Party..
You really have to find a new line. It's the same old line from you again and again. No proof, of course even though you've been asked again and again.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Hey, I hear there's a One Trick Pony show down at the local fairgrounds. You should enter because you'd have a damn good chance at winning the blue ribbon.
Don't forget your appointments at the VA, and later Medicare tomorrow...

Old 11-06-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
It’s even worse than a jammed website, canceled policies, and rising policy prices. The policies may also not be what they seem.

In the first place, exchange policies typically restrict the hospitals and doctors you can use. In New Hampshire, for example, 10 of the state’s 26 hospitals are excluded from exchange policies and this takes out all the doctors affiliated with those hospitals as well.

That’s bad enough, but there is worse. In many of the policies, doctors will be paid significantly less than what private insurance has previously paid or that would be paid in other private policies sold outside the exchanges. This means that if you lose your doctor because he or she is no longer included in the policy coverage, you will not only find your doctor choices limited. You may also find that the doctors who are included don’t want your business.

The Big Obamacare Story That Hasn’t Surfaced Yet | AgainstCronyCapitalism.org
We have a similar issue in our state as well. It's a problem that I am facing right now as I try to find new insurance for the GREAT policy I had that was cancelled.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
You really have to find a new line. It's the same old line from you again and again. No proof, of course even though you've been asked again and again.
You really don't think most of the conservative posters on here don't rely on at least two gubbermint programs??

Old 11-06-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
You really don't think most of the conservative posters on here don't rely on at least two gubbermint programs??
I really think that you've claimed something for which you've provided no proof. I'm a conservative and do not rely on any government programs. Oh, I pay a crapload in taxes but I'm guessing that doesn't fit the narrative?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies