Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 11:32 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,429,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I don't know. But even if that was the case does that make any difference? Apparently she was shot from a distance. Would you do the same thing? I once had a really drunk homeless guy knock on my door in the middle of the night thinking he lived there. I called 911. How hard is that?
I wish all you hardcore LeftNuts would pay attention to what I am saying and stop side stepping it. HOW DOES ANYONE KNOW SHE WAS ASKING FOR HELP! Why do ALL the headlines say she was when it is IMPOSSIBLE TO PROVE? Why are there headlines that say "Asking for Help While Black"? Why is the race angle being portrayed when NONE of it can be proven?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
You seem to be the only poster (so far) who's mind immediately goes to race baiting. Why's that?
You have mentioned it at least four times already.

Because NONE of you will answer the question. Why do the headlines say things like "Asking for Help While Black"? Do you support fictional headlines as long as they support your agenda?

Old 11-15-2013, 11:38 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,826,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Because NONE of you will answer the question. Why do the headlines say things like "Asking for Help While Black"? Do you support fictional headlines as long as they support your agenda?
what else would she be doing at 3 am on some strangers porch after being involved in an accident.

use logic.

we can easily infer that she was disoriented and looking for help.

78,013 posts, read 60,221,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
i saw this on huffpo,

IN A SENSIBLE UNIVERSE:

1) George Zimmerman sees that it is rainy and cold, and offers Trayvon Martin a ride home. Trayvon accepts, and is grateful that someone extended the hand of friendship.

2) Theodore Wafer hears a knock as his door at 3:00am, it's a bit scary - but he yells through the door "Who are you? What do you want? Are you ok? I'm going to call for help, stay right there." The police arrive to assist/arrest Miss McBride, and Mr Wafer is glad to see his tax dollars at work.
I agree with both of those.

Ditto for....
Adam Provencal
Andrew de Vries
Yoshihiro Hattori

All shot on doorsteps by scared homeowners. 2 of 3 avoided prison. All 3 lost large civil suits. None of them were black.

Not saying some shootings aren't racial, just that they all aren't.

Lastly, it's both sad and ironic that if Miss McBride had just been shot in the face during a carjacking or the common black on black crime in detroit we wouldn't even be having this thread. No one would really know or care besides her family....because it's common and there would be no racial angle to feel gloriously self-righteous over.

Really, that's the bottom line. It's righteous vindication if you can chalk a murder up to racism. Meanwhile, 40 die to black on black violence and if you harp on that....oh, now that's racists trying to make the black community look bad.

There is a reason that much of America just tunes the garbage out and has become desensitized to cries of racism.

14,416 posts, read 22,427,310 times
Quote:
I wish all you hardcore LeftNuts would pay attention to what I am saying and stop side stepping it. HOW DOES ANYONE KNOW SHE WAS ASKING FOR HELP! Why do ALL the headlines say she was when it is IMPOSSIBLE TO PROVE? Why are there headlines that say "Asking for Help While Black"? Why is the race angle being portrayed when NONE of it can be proven?
First off , i am NOT a lefti. I am just offering a scenario. I could not care less if she was black or not. I thought Zimmerman was innocent and I was on here defending his ars.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
First off , i am NOT a lefti. I am just offering a scenario. I could not care less if she was black or not. I thought Zimmerman was innocent and I was on here defending his ars.
My apologies for calling you a Leftie then, but it seems that they are the ones that want to continue the fictional narrative that can never be proven.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
what else would she be doing at 3 am on some strangers porch after being involved in an accident.

use logic.

we can easily infer that she was disoriented and looking for help.
Wasn't too injured to walk 6 blocks. Let's see, there has NEVER been someone on a porch at 3am for any other reason than to ask for help. Gotcha! Use logic, she simply COULD have been looking for somewhere to hide from the police, nobody would ever know. You just can't GUESS and run with race baiting headlines over a guess. The headlines should have said "Woman shot on porch for unknown reasons". But instead they rabble rouse the race baiters and you eat it up. Also, do you really believe there were no other places to go for help except for 6 blocks away? I seriously doubt that. The bottom line to what I am saying, as I have said before, the headlines are fictional, made up rabble rousing nonsense. I am in now way defending the guy who shot her, if the truth is he shot her for no reason he will get what he deserves, but the truth also IS NOT what they THINK it is.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:58 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,826,412 times
Quote:
Wasn't too injured to walk 6 blocks. Let's see, there has NEVER been someone on a porch at 3am for any other reason than to ask for help. Gotcha! Use logic, she simply COULD have been looking for somewhere to hide from the police, nobody would ever know. You just can't GUESS and run with race baiting headlines over a guess. The headlines should have said "Woman shot on porch for unknown reasons". But instead they rabble rouse the race baiters and you eat it up. Also, do you really believe there were no other places to go for help except for 6 blocks away? I seriously doubt that. The bottom line to what I am saying, as I have said before, the headlines are fictional, made up rabble rousing nonsense. I am in now way defending the guy who shot her, if the truth is he shot her for no reason he will get what he deserves, but the truth also IS NOT what they THINK it is.
at least admit if a black homeowner did the same thing to a white female he'd be arrested on the spot and not able to walk around for a week like this white guy. at least admit that.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:01 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,623,716 times
Quote:
but the truth also IS NOT what they THINK it is.
And just how do YOU know that?

All of your posts scream about no one KNOWING what the woman's intentions were.

So, are we to assume that ONLY YOU know the truth?

Other posters have come up with different ideas/scenarios, but you blast them all as 'lefty' crapola and believe that ONLY YOU know the TRUTH!

Have you ever been drunk?
Have you ever been high?
Have you ever been in a car accident?

I've been all three (not at the same time, though..LOL).

Being in the accident was obviously the worst. I was knocked out for a brief time, and was pretty much incoherent for a while afterwards, and my mental state was messed up. I picked up my cell but for a while couldn't remember how to use it, etc.

It doesn't seem to me that your opinions are based on any real-life experiences you've had.

And, BTW, I haven't seen any headlines, so I cannot agree or disagree with them.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:16 PM

78,013 posts, read 60,221,209 times
Quote:
at least admit if a black homeowner did the same thing to a white female he'd be arrested on the spot and not able to walk around for a week like this white guy. at least admit that.
Took about 3 months to bring charges against the black guy that killed Daniel Adkins. Not a white female but similarily egregious circumstances.

Daniel Adkins' killer claims self-defense: Unarmed man shot, killed outside Arizona Taco Bell - Chicago News Report | Chicago News Blogs | Chicago Crime | News Blotter

Took 11 days to bring charges against Ray Lewis and his buddies.

There were NO OTHER WITNESSES to the womans shooting. So you have to take your time, collect evidence and build a case. You want to make sure you bring the correct charges especially considering the vast range of charges that can potentially apply in a death case.

I mean, dear god, the guy has been arrested. It turns out the gal wasn't shot in the back of the head and yet now you are grumbling that the delay in arrest was racist.

If I'm on that jury, I'll find him guilty in a second. You point a gun at someone for any reason and it discharges, even if accidental...that's on you. On top of that, her family is going to easily win a large civil suit and will end up owning that house in addition to a large insurance payout which hopefully they can use to further their other youths educations, create a scholarship etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies