Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 03:40 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
I really do think we should issue everyone a gun and disband our military and police forces. This will go a long way to solving our budget problems.
Never going to happen. And solving budget problems? Sure, but then you'll have literally thousands of Americans unemployed, without jobs, unable to sustain themselves and provide for their families.

You really didn't think that statement through, did you?

Old 11-12-2013, 03:44 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
TL;DR.
Sorry, you're going to have to spell that out in the normal English language b/c I have no clue what it means. I come from a time when people weren't dumbed down by abbreviations of simple words.
Quote:
You can still purchase firearms therefore your rights aren't being infringed
upon. No matter how many times you say that they, the fact of the matter is they
aren't and you're just crying crocodile tears
So that's it huh? Can't even come up with an intelligent reply to what I said? You aren't even going to say I'm wrong?

ok.... [sigh]

another one bites the dust I guess

Quote:

you don't like the regulations being put into place.

Stop it.
There are regulations being put in to place? What regulations? Last I heard, gun control FAILED...

What regulations?

Old 11-12-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Sorry, you're going to have to spell that out in the normal English language b/c I have no clue what it means. I come from a time when people weren't dumbed down by abbreviations of simple words.
TL;DR = Too Long; Didn't Read.

Quote:
So that's it huh? Can't even come up with an intelligent reply to what I said? You aren't even going to say I'm wrong?

ok.... [sigh]

another one bites the dust I guess
You can still purchase firearms, last I checked.

Quote:
There are regulations being put in to place? What regulations? Last I heard, gun control FAILED...

What regulations?
Criminals do not obey the law. Are you claiming to be a criminal now?

Old 11-12-2013, 04:06 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
TL;DR = Too Long; Didn't Read.
Whats the point of even talking to you then? You're clearly a complete waste of time....
Quote:
Criminals do not obey the law. Are you claiming to be a criminal now?
Uhhh.... no. There are no new regulations being put in to place, gun control failed.

And since apparently my last post was too long for you to be able to retain all at one time, let me minimize it to a sentence or two for you:

Using your logic about the right to own guns, lets apply that same logic to other rights, shall we? How about.... freedom of religion, so long as the religion is Christianity. I mean, so long as you have the right to practice even one religion, your right is not infringed upon, at least according to you, right?

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 11-12-2013 at 04:23 PM..

Old 11-12-2013, 06:44 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,739,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Speaking of which, did anyone else happen to notice this little gem?

Texas Moms Gun Control Meeting Disrupted By Armed Protesters (PHOTO)

Nothing says "liberty" and "freedom" like using your guns to intimidate a bunch of soccer moms and their kids.
You lie

Old 11-12-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
LOL.

Translation: It's not right except when my personal chain is yanked, then it's OK because they made me do it.

And I can't wait to hear you explain how a group of soccer moms exercising their Constitutional rights to free assembly and free speech "pushed" these goons into doing this. It ought to be a good one.

Also, I'm anxious to hear you explain what this has to do with Balkanization.

Waiting patiently!
Well the last time I check one group is trying to take away the rights of the other, so yeah.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
In the United States of America we are born with these rights, yes. The government does not give us rights, I agree. The Bill of Rights outlines the rights we do have and the US Constitution helps expand that as do the Amendments.

The fact that people are still able to purchase firearms proves that their rights are not being infringed upon. Until the day comes when they cannot purchase even one firearm or round of ammo for said firearm, they cannot argue their rights are being infringed upon.
I cant not exercise my right to keep and bears because of infringement via moronic laws.

So untill the day I can not buy a single shot .22 long after everything else has been banned, and in order to get that single shot I have to wait 20 days, and get a permit, and register the firearm, buying high taxes in order for the privilege? until that day anything else in not an infringement?

Old 11-12-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
"Essentially doing exactly the same thing" is not a large group of "men" (and I use the term loosely) brandishing weapons in a threatening manner, and hiding behind cars and pointing their weapons at the restaurant.

Or at least, not in Normal World.

Just by the acting of being armed you see them as threatening..

Old 11-13-2013, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Whats the point of even talking to you then? You're clearly a complete waste of time....
You keep complaining about supposed infringement of rights. I keep correcting you. Until you accept this, you're the one wasting time here not me.

Quote:
Using your logic about the right to own guns, lets apply that same logic to other rights, shall we? How about.... freedom of religion, so long as the religion is Christianity. I mean, so long as you have the right to practice even one religion, your right is not infringed upon, at least according to you, right?
What does religion have to do with the 2nd Amendment? The least you can is stay on topic, good grief. I know the crocodile tears you're shedding makes it difficult, but please do make more of an effort to stick to the topic at hand okay? Thanks!

Old 11-13-2013, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
I cant not exercise my right to keep and bears because of infringement via moronic laws.
You can still purchase firearms and ammo. Therefore you can exercise your right to keep and bear arms. Simple enough.

Quote:
So untill the day I can not buy a single shot .22 long after everything else has been banned, and in order to get that single shot I have to wait 20 days, and get a permit, and register the firearm, buying high taxes in order for the privilege? until that day anything else in not an infringement?
Until you can't purchase firearms or ammo PERIOD that's when your 2nd Amendment rights are being infringed upon. Seeing as how you will ALWAYS be able to purchase firearms and ammo, you shedding crocodile tears over this imaginary infringement of rights will always ring hollow due to the blatant lie you're trying to convince yourself of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies