Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 11:54 AM

37,096 posts, read 42,088,112 times

Advertisements

Sounds like a typical fight with an insurance company, like we've been doing FOREVER. I've done it myself. I was taken by ambulance to my "in network" hospital when I broke my ankle. I don't remember the details now but ONE of the folks tending to me gave me drugs so knock me out so they could adjust it and that guy was not contracted under my health plan. They tried to change me for whatever he did as "out of network" but I appealed saying I had no choice in the WHO'S that took care of me that day, only the WHERE'S, so I had done my part. They eventually agreed with me. This isn't even ACA related.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 01:36 PM

17,374 posts, read 9,198,545 times
I wonder why this 65 year old man is not on Medicare?
The Government forces you to enroll when you are 65.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:37 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,029,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Sounds like a typical fight with an insurance company, like we've been doing FOREVER. I've done it myself. I was taken by ambulance to my "in network" hospital when I broke my ankle. I don't remember the details now but ONE of the folks tending to me gave me drugs so knock me out so they could adjust it and that guy was not contracted under my health plan. They tried to change me for whatever he did as "out of network" but I appealed saying I had no choice in the WHO'S that took care of me that day, only the WHERE'S, so I had done my part. They eventually agreed with me. This isn't even ACA related.
Could you imagine the hoops you'd have to jump through when negotiating with a government bureaucrat instead of a hospital billing admin, or insurance company?

Old 11-07-2013, 02:41 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,953,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Oh, okay. You are just making things up again.

I am very glad I taught my kids the proper morals that doing that is wrong. I guess some people didn't have proper parenting growing up.
Then exhibit them yourself, and stop being dishonest.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:01 PM

39,022 posts, read 51,057,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
Could you imagine the hoops you'd have to jump through when negotiating with a government bureaucrat instead of a hospital billing admin, or insurance company?

Well, you might have a point but in every Obamacare policy you will be negotiating with an insurance company and not the government. Obamacare is a private insurance system. Now Medicare is a government system. Interesting though, the old people seem to love it and would fight tooth and nail to keep it the way it is.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:20 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,029,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Well, you might have a point but in every Obamacare policy you will be negotiating with an insurance company and not the government. Obamacare is a private insurance system. Now Medicare is a government system. Interesting though, the old people seem to love it and would fight tooth and nail to keep it the way it is.
I'm sorry, I was looking at the bigger picture. It has become blatantly apparent that Obamacare was only a back door to single payer. When/If this happens, a government bureaucrat will be deciding your healthcare options.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:29 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,075,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
After stepping out of the shower and collapsing in his bathroom, one man woke up in the hospital 12 days later – with a $150,000 hospital bill.

According to a report by azcentral.com, 65-year-old Scott Richardson was transported unconscious to Mayo Clinic Hospital in Scottsdale, Ariz., in February after passing out and hitting his head on the bathroom floor.

Man passes out in bathroom, wakes up in hospital with $150,000 bill | Fox News

...ouch

Old 11-07-2013, 04:35 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,321,821 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, I was looking at the bigger picture. It has become blatantly apparent that Obamacare was only a back door to single payer. When/If this happens, a government bureaucrat will be deciding your healthcare options.
*crosses fingers*

Old 11-07-2013, 05:28 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,572,900 times
Default News, Man passes out in bathroom, wakes up in hospital with $150,000 bill

Ah, yes...

The beauty of the private health care system.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:41 PM

46,887 posts, read 25,845,533 times
Quote:
I've dealt with more government bureaucracy than most, what with being an immigrant and all. And I would rather take on the INS (as we called it) 7 days a week and twice on Sunday than deal with our incredibly rotten prescription medicine service.

Why? Because the government bureaucracy doesn't have a direct economic incentive to scr.w me, but the insurance company does - and they will. They do.

Trying to convince a call center employee in Bangalore that no, I never had the generic and no, I will not take their earnest $.50/hour assurance that the generic "is just as as good" over my doctor's recommendation and no, I don't believe that their supervisors are changing shifts and can't be reached, and no, I don't believe that the fax "has gone missing" - it's the 7th circle of hell.

Give me the DMV, the INS, the IRS and the damn LADOT - they may be slow and cumbersome, but they're rarely malevolent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies